R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 09-14-2006, 05:18 AM   #346
Tech Elite
 
doki_doki's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Cebu City, Philippines and Ocala, Florida, USA
Posts: 3,840
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ianhobbies
doki: try the kfactory "real brakes" for the RRR
will try it out later right now i'm very much happy the way the new brake pads are holding up
doki_doki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2006, 10:21 AM   #347
Tech Adept
 
etgdpu's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Greece
Posts: 141
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by maskedrider
any result/ comment after shimming that??
It looks perfect. I already had one race event and after that I rebuilded the car. I did not notice anything wrong in the shaft.
__________________
The intelligent can become anyone, anyone can not become intelligent.
etgdpu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2006, 10:28 AM   #348
Tech Adept
 
etgdpu's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Greece
Posts: 141
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SRAD
I am interested in picking up an RRR but I am confused as to how many versions there are and which one is the latest. Going back to sift through this and the other RRR thread...well no way you know. So can someone please post about the latest version and what the differences are. From what I know there is the WCE version and the EVO right? Someone help here. Thanks
I would recommend to get the EVO and then you can gradually upgrade it with certain parts from the WC. The first one that I would recommend is the upgrdade of the front dogbones by the VZW054. I have not yet see any need to upgrade the rear ones. The car has more than 12 races and many things have been replaced except the rear dogbones and the wheel shafts althought I have read and heard that many people had major problems with them. The carbon part for the belt tensioner,which is inthe WC, it also exists in the EVO but from plastic. I liked the servo and the receiver this way, because the wiring is so much easier. The upper plate is improved and it allows easier access to the servo saver arm, which I found it really important. Another major improvement is the new shocks where they wear smaller diameter springs. The springs from the Mugen can also be used with very good results. There are more changes/improvements but I do not believe they are so important. You can find all the details in the RRR knowledge base.
//BR
__________________
The intelligent can become anyone, anyone can not become intelligent.
etgdpu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2006, 10:56 AM   #349
Tech Master
 
XTREMERCHOBBIES's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: JP Raceway
Posts: 1,052
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by doki_doki
will try it out later right now i'm very much happy the way the new brake pads are holding up
We have it
XTREMERCHOBBIES is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2006, 12:20 PM   #350
Tech Master
 
ianhobbies's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Location: Costa Del Sol, Marbella, Spain www.bradir.net
Posts: 1,456
Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Send a message via ICQ to ianhobbies
Default hey

Quote:
Originally Posted by XTREMERCHOBBIES
We have it
yo xtreme, u carry 3racing?
__________________
WWW.BRADIR.NET - The Radio Control Motorsport Blog! / twitter @ianhobbies
ianhobbies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2006, 03:59 PM   #351
Tech Regular
 
jeff1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Posts: 377
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by etgdpu
I would recommend to get the EVO and then you can gradually upgrade it with certain parts from the WC. The first one that I would recommend is the upgrdade of the front dogbones by the VZW054. I have not yet see any need to upgrade the rear ones. The car has more than 12 races and many things have been replaced except the rear dogbones and the wheel shafts althought I have read and heard that many people had major problems with them. The carbon part for the belt tensioner,which is inthe WC, it also exists in the EVO but from plastic. I liked the servo and the receiver this way, because the wiring is so much easier. The upper plate is improved and it allows easier access to the servo saver arm, which I found it really important. Another major improvement is the new shocks where they wear smaller diameter springs. The springs from the Mugen can also be used with very good results. There are more changes/improvements but I do not believe they are so important. You can find all the details in the RRR knowledge base.
//BR

Hello!
do you use VZ054 with front diff? I bought it, but didn't fit well. The dogbone is too shorter than normal dogbone
Thanks a lot!
jeff1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2006, 07:11 PM   #352
Tech Elite
 
doki_doki's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Cebu City, Philippines and Ocala, Florida, USA
Posts: 3,840
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by XTREMERCHOBBIES
We have it
thanks will test muna the new brake pads that came with the v1rrr evo kit. if i'm not happy with it, i'll let you know.
doki_doki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2006, 07:23 PM   #353
Tech Master
 
XTREMERCHOBBIES's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: JP Raceway
Posts: 1,052
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ianhobbies
yo xtreme, u carry 3racing?
Nope... quality is not good as compared to Kfactory
XTREMERCHOBBIES is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2006, 09:07 PM   #354
Tech Elite
 
doki_doki's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Cebu City, Philippines and Ocala, Florida, USA
Posts: 3,840
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by XTREMERCHOBBIES
Nope... quality is not good as compared to Kfactory
i agree... i had a friend who used the lightened shafts and broke it only after a few runs poor quality. i also had a an aluminum differential case and the screws included easily strips
doki_doki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2006, 02:28 AM   #355
Tech Adept
 
etgdpu's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Greece
Posts: 141
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeff1
Hello!
do you use VZ054 with front diff? I bought it, but didn't fit well. The dogbone is too shorter than normal dogbone
Thanks a lot!
I have never used differential. I only use one way. I have only built one but not with the gears inside. I have built it as a spool. I have used different shafts VZ-218 (I think, not sure) and it seems that it is fine with vz054. I haven't tested it thought in a race.
__________________
The intelligent can become anyone, anyone can not become intelligent.
etgdpu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2006, 03:07 AM   #356
Tech Master
 
buboy28's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: manila,philippines
Posts: 1,601
Send a message via AIM to buboy28 Send a message via Yahoo to buboy28
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ianhobbies
yo xtreme, u carry 3racing?
Pitshop have them but be aware of the quality of the product i've used some of their item once but never race it only for BLING factor
buboy28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2006, 10:38 PM   #357
Tech Adept
 
Joe Os's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: San Valley Crew
Posts: 206
Default

MUGEN WORLD CHAMP 200MM
WORD CHAMP kID
Joe Os is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2006, 10:51 PM   #358
Tech Elite
 
doki_doki's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Cebu City, Philippines and Ocala, Florida, USA
Posts: 3,840
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe Os
MUGEN WORLD CHAMP 200MM
WORD CHAMP kID
well...it's not that bad that kyosho got second place along with other 4 cars in the top ten
doki_doki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2006, 10:54 PM   #359
Tech Adept
 
Joe Os's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: San Valley Crew
Posts: 206
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by doki_doki
well...it's not that bad that kyosho got second place along with other 4 cars in the top ten
LOL
Joe Os is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2006, 12:15 AM   #360
Tech Fanatic
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Sydney, Australia
Posts: 948
Default

GO MUGEN!!!
Your bragging rights are gone, for at least another 2 years.
No one remembers who came second.
Rody is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
FOR SALE - Mugen MBX5T ProSpec and Kyosho STR with chassis conversion and Kyosho big MattWells R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 5 04-28-2017 10:25 AM
1986 1/12 Kyosho Plazma MKIII With Kyosho LeMan 600E Motor Funkymojo R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 2 05-17-2012 11:11 AM
Custom painted Kyosho SP2 and Kyosho STRR bodies.... RC3 Graphics SWEET W/ PICS CRFXXXT R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 1 01-07-2008 07:38 PM
MACH. 28/NEW PS, KYOSHO MINI INFERNO ST/W/3NEW IB1400 8 CELL PACKS, KYOSHO 1./8 BUGGY newbie2 R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 5 11-18-2007 06:07 PM
Convert Kyosho Quick Start system on Kyosho QRC to Pullstart Morpheus2be Monster Trucks 0 02-16-2005 11:26 PM



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 12:46 PM.


We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net