R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road

Old 12-03-2008, 11:52 PM   #3151
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to Scott Fisher

Quote:
Originally Posted by carkillaii View Post
Guys i was looking over the Evo2 instructions and I did spot something that looked a little weird to me , If the new rear arms are 2mm longer why would they make the lenght of the rear hub pillowball go from 4.5mm\4.2mm to 6mm\5.5mm? Just something that I didn't understaind
The arms are not 2mm longer. They are the same ones used on the previous car. All you do to go from the 2mm offset wheels to the current 0 offset is to unscrew the pillow balls 2mm and put in the longer (older) dogbones.

You ever going to handle your unfinished business?
Old 12-05-2008, 03:55 AM   #3152
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by bradley70 View Post
Any suggestions I've tried blue all the way around with 400, 500 and 600wt oil. Black front and back, silver front and back. Roll centers front and back, camber link, diff oil 10k, 20k, 30k. When the traction is way up the car is great at the few bigger races we have but when it's down or medium traction the mugen is superior at our track. Believe me I don't like to throw in the towel but I have spent so much time, money and effort and I'm going backwards.

bradley70 can you make a video to see what exactly the car does?
it will be better!
GREGORY! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2008, 10:26 PM   #3153
Tech Adept

Default conversion

hi guys...is it possible to convert from a v1 rrr to a v1rrr evo...if so, what parts must i change and is it worth den buying a new kit??
duku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2008, 06:44 PM   #3154
Tech Fanatic

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Send a message via MSN to shesha

Upcoming race, medium to low traction tight technical medium smooth track.

Weather forecast going to be cold anything between 14-10 degrees Celsius.

I have the following setup to test out in the next couple of days, any of you guys car to share some insight on it ?

Front End
Shock oil 35
spring light blue
shock position 1.5
caster angle 1mm
camber angle at 1g 1.5
toe 0
downstop 0
front width 199
tire 40
diameter 62
ackerman 11
upper arm position #3
knuckle arm type 0
solid

Rear End
Shock oil 35
spring light blue
shock position 3
camber angle at 1g 3
toe 3
rear width 200
tire 42
diameter 64
downstop 4
low arm postion #1
upper arm height 2mm
drive ration 0mm difference
wheel offset 2
rear diff 20,000
Gear ration 16/61 and 21/56
clutch gap at 0.5

ride height maybe 4 and 5 still not sure will see when setup...
Body altis 2.3

Last edited by shesha; 12-14-2008 at 07:32 PM.
shesha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2008, 03:53 PM   #3155
Tech Fanatic

What no comments ?
Old 12-17-2008, 04:25 PM   #3156
Tech Fanatic

Had a chance to test out the above setting on my old rrr with a diff infront with 50k mix in it other then that all the rest is the same........

Awesome setup for a beginner, need more speed, most likely going to increase rear diff to 30k, other then that grip is awesome....
Old 12-18-2008, 11:17 AM   #3157
Tech Adept

Default sirio evo 2

hi guys..
i'm running a sirio evo2..
is there any other brand of exhaust pipe that i can use for my engine other than the sirio pipe that comes with the engine???
duku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2008, 07:28 PM   #3158
Tech Fanatic

U can pretty much use any .12 pipe you just need to find the right elbow and exhaust chamber for your liking and track condition.

I heard good comments on the skyline pipes.
Old 12-19-2008, 02:45 AM   #3159
Tech Adept

I think your damping may be on the light side. I'd suggest 50 wt front and rear. That should allow you to use less toe-in at the rear and perhaps 40-40 for tire combination. When using lighter sock oil your car may lean a bit too much when cornering and cause you to take it a little too carefully when exiting.

Are you using 42 rears because the track eats up your tires? If not, then use 40, run with less toe. Too much toe can also increase tire wear.

Play with your roll centers, that will go a long way for you! I'd suggest you experiment with your upper arms or links. Try to have the inner position of the upper links a little on the high side, both front and rear. That lowers your roll centers and gives you a better all around grip. You can also lower your rear roll center by lowering the outside link of your upper arms. If you keep your rear links longer, the rear will roll deeper to increase rear traction. That may allow the car to turn better as it rolls a bit more without spinning the rear. If the car oversteers then go higher with the inner position of your rear links or lower on the outside to compensate. Experiment with small increments and do one change only at a time to keep you aware of what change caused what. Your car is very unlikely to traction roll under those conditions.

Then fine tune with the shock angles. Stock springs tend to work well too.

Using lighter oils also allows the car to roll, but I feel that 50 wt oil creates a better balance than 35 and allows less rear toe in.

Also, if tire wear is not an issue, go with softer compounds as temperatures are very low!

I hope that helps a bit. And I love this car!

Quote:
Originally Posted by shesha View Post
Upcoming race, medium to low traction tight technical medium smooth track.

Weather forecast going to be cold anything between 14-10 degrees Celsius.

I have the following setup to test out in the next couple of days, any of you guys car to share some insight on it ?

Front End
Shock oil 35
spring light blue
shock position 1.5
caster angle 1mm
camber angle at 1g 1.5
toe 0
downstop 0
front width 199
tire 40
diameter 62
ackerman 11
upper arm position #3
knuckle arm type 0
solid

Rear End
Shock oil 35
spring light blue
shock position 3
camber angle at 1g 3
toe 3
rear width 200
tire 42
diameter 64
downstop 4
low arm postion #1
upper arm height 2mm
drive ration 0mm difference
wheel offset 2
rear diff 20,000
Gear ration 16/61 and 21/56
clutch gap at 0.5

ride height maybe 4 and 5 still not sure will see when setup...
Body altis 2.3
gtrmx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2008, 03:20 PM   #3160
Tech Fanatic

gtrmx, thank you very much for your valuable feedback, I managed to get some run time today at the race only to fall down the list, with brake failure that costed me a head collision with the barrier.

With the current setup, the car is much faster then last year, shaved a good 2 to 3 seconds off.

This year set the track record in the high 16seconds stop watch lap count, and not counter, closest was a 17.020 which was an identical car brand and model wise, different setup and using a Lola body.

The time I did was on a Touring Blitz Altis 2.3

I am going to play around with your feedback, and time the car on the lap counter system, working on small increments, am targeting 13 or 14 seconds per lap.

I did run 40 the night before, but Tyre did not last long enough switched out to 42, though I could feel the car being much faster in the corners.

I just based my oil selection for testing purposes on the track since most of the time i run 50wt as so you have mentioned, however 35wt sure felt different for sure, much more mushy, am taking into consideration the temps also, the car felt more "rolly", i also dialed down a little on the spring tension last night which clocked the 16s run several consecutive runs i must add, however today at the race the tackiness felt a little more on the high side, so increased the tension a little more, which ended up a little on the back breaking loose as the clutch kicks in, for sure will go back to the previous setting.

All in all, like u said, it's a killer car.
Old 12-20-2008, 06:43 PM   #3161
Tech Fanatic

Though managed to set the second best TQ on the track that day, I spent most of the time to fix the brake which decided to give me trouble throughout the race and end the race in a crash breaking the rear hub.

Mechanical brake failure was my fault for having not cleaned the brake components carefully.

Pics of the car.
Attached Thumbnails
Kyosho V-ONE RRR Evo-0025pro045-copy-.jpg   Kyosho V-ONE RRR Evo-0020pro038-copy-.jpg   Kyosho V-ONE RRR Evo-pro034-copy-.jpg  
Old 08-12-2009, 04:14 PM   #3162
Tech Regular

hi guys i am farely new to this, i got a kyosho v1rrr evo and i want to update it to a evo2, what things do i need?! sorry i am a newb!
LAM3SAUCE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2009, 12:47 AM   #3163
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to Scott Fisher

Quote:
Originally Posted by LAM3SAUCE View Post
hi guys i am farely new to this, i got a kyosho v1rrr evo and i want to update it to a evo2, what things do i need?! sorry i am a newb!
As was said in the other thread, I wouldn't worry about it but here are the different parts (hope i don't forget anything)

New chassis
New radio tray
New ackerman assembly (from the M3 car)
Went back to the older rear dogbones/CVD's
New 2 speed (from the M3 car)
New 2nd gear spurs (steel ring instead of aluminum)
Old 09-02-2009, 10:54 PM   #3164
Tech Addict

Send a message via Yahoo to JRRobiso
Exclamation Parting ways with my kit

On-road racing at my local track has died down a bit and needing to part ways with my kit. Currently into 1/8 gas buggy. Selling/trading my kit that hasn't been raced (guessing less than half a gallon ran thru it) that much and has been collecting dust in my storage room. Engine may need to be opened up for cleaning. Here's a brief detail of my kit:

Kyosho V-One RRR Evo World Champion Team Edition Kit # 31260 with OS .12TZ(P) P3 and Skyline pipe set, painted Proline Dodge Stratus 3.1 body with decals (raced 2-3 times at local on-road track).

If interested, PM me or post here.
TAOB Racing Team (2004) | Team Driver #101
TRF415MSX | TRF415MRE | TRF801X/XT | K V1 RRR Evo WCE | K IGT2 Audi A4 DTM | AE SC10 4X4
AKA | Airtronics M11 | Spektrum Pro | Speed Passion BL | OS Engines | Sidewinder Fuel | Ko Propo/JR HV/Savox Servos | MuchMore Racing | Xenon Racing | Speedmind | Sorex Tires | Twister Tires
JRRobiso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2009, 10:51 PM   #3165
Tech Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riketsu View Post
Hey guys, Im having trouble with my 2nd gear stripping. Just wanted to know how you guys set your gear mesh. Do you guys set it to move completely free? Or a little tight in such case that you can hear a noise coming from the gears? Can someone post a pic of how close they set their gear please? Im really frustrated with this issue...
Did you solve your problem????
mhavlena is offline   Reply With Quote