R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road

Old 05-21-2008, 08:34 AM   #2851
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 90 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Team Kamikaze View Post
Diameter of the disc is too big, inorder to fit you will need to modify the brake bracket.
Thank you sir for your comment. Think i'll give the SP disc a miss... I will just remain the APP brake pad with the stock disc. Hope i'll be happy with that set up.
Old 05-21-2008, 09:02 AM   #2852
Tech Regular

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Their website says July 2008.

http://www.kyosho.com/eng/products/r...duct_id=103620

Quote:
Originally Posted by marsque View Post
Good Day all!!!!!!

Does anyone know when the Evo2 or the conversion kit will be launched. I just busted my chasiss and the front bulk...Frequency glitch. Any1 encounter this problem, and I am using 3PK Fast. Don't want to get new chasiss if the kit gonna be out soon. Cheers all!!!!

[email protected]

www.rcracing.com
RAP66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2008, 10:56 AM   #2853
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by colt1402 View Post
Yes mate, the answer maybe found in the description on the link i given. I need a confirmation that the disc are able to fit into the evo wce without any mod. Cos i've not heard or seen anyone mention on the vzw015 in forum here.
I installed it along with the Acre Brake Pad Set part# IFW324. There were no mods necessary.

Trinity / Epic / Revtech / VBC Racing USA / Mugen Seiki / Hot Race Tyres / SkyRocket Racing / SUPAFAST RC
kewdawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2008, 06:36 AM   #2854
Tech Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by kewdawg View Post
I installed it along with the Acre Brake Pad Set part# IFW324. There were no mods necessary.
Thanks kewdawg for the sharing. Yeah, finally i just managed to put on the great SP disc on my evo wce. The clearance on the top plate are just nice without any binding. Nevertheless, i play on the safe side and file off a little inside on the top plate. Now, i'm looking forward to have the "Brembo/Endless" brake feeling on the track!!
Old 05-23-2008, 10:29 PM   #2855
Tech Apprentice

Default Steering Servo!

Hi

I am in the process of building my RRR Evo WCE. I have installed a Futaba 9550 low profile servo for the steering and just have a question about it. I have noticed if i was to have the dual rate on the steering over anything above 60% the servo horn would stop against the brace that the servo is screwed into. Is this normal or have i done something wrong???

Look forward to your reply guys!

Undies
Undies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2008, 10:34 PM   #2856
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by colt1402 View Post
Thanks kewdawg for the sharing. Yeah, finally i just managed to put on the great SP disc on my evo wce. The clearance on the top plate are just nice without any binding. Nevertheless, i play on the safe side and file off a little inside on the top plate. Now, i'm looking forward to have the "Brembo/Endless" brake feeling on the track!!
Glad I could help.

Trinity / Epic / Revtech / VBC Racing USA / Mugen Seiki / Hot Race Tyres / SkyRocket Racing / SUPAFAST RC
Old 05-24-2008, 06:01 AM   #2857
Tech Fanatic

Send a message via MSN to shesha
Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by Undies View Post
Hi

I am in the process of building my RRR Evo WCE. I have installed a Futaba 9550 low profile servo for the steering and just have a question about it. I have noticed if i was to have the dual rate on the steering over anything above 60% the servo horn would stop against the brace that the servo is screwed into. Is this normal or have i done something wrong???

Look forward to your reply guys!

Undies
Undies your most likely exceeding the travel distance, dont forget this is onroad and not offroad.

Your EPA / Travel / etc whatever you want to call it, should be set as per the setup sheet that comes with the RRR, the setup sheet shows you how far the servo saver should turn in either direction from the center.

What you should be particularly careful of is the centering of the servo horn, what I like to do is the same method I use for the Helicopters, I will find several horns and fit them one by one till I find the one that is 90 degrees at center and use it otherwise I will put in some subtrim to center the horn this way you get proportional travel in either direction and less fiddling with the radio.

Also just a note on the steering I always like to have my steering travel at the max without touching anything in it's path and then test the car on the track and slowly remove reduce the travel and EPA till I find the right amount of throw I need in either direction according to the track, this way you know that when you turn the steering at full direction you have the correct max amount to blast through the corner.

Whatever you do your servo should not be loaded on fully deflection either way or you risk of burning it out.

Last edited by shesha; 05-24-2008 at 06:02 AM. Reason: typing error
shesha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2008, 09:06 AM   #2858
Tech Fanatic

Can anyone share with me the reason of putting on front & rear carbon body plate/braces for? Are they a MUST for performance or just mainly for look?
Old 05-27-2008, 09:38 AM   #2859
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)
Default Help

Can anyone list the exact parts used to make a front diff for the v-one rrr. If you could list the individual parts and not quote from the manual. i'm having a time trying to work it out.. If you have pics can you post?????
Futaba 8fg
Align 3gx
fire929 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2008, 09:01 PM   #2860
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by fire929 View Post
Can anyone list the exact parts used to make a front diff for the v-one rrr. If you could list the individual parts and not quote from the manual. i'm having a time trying to work it out.. If you have pics can you post?????
Do you have the manual? If, you do, the parts are listed on pg. 37. I believe you can even download the manual from the Kyosho America website.

Old 05-27-2008, 09:31 PM   #2861
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 85 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by kewdawg View Post
Do you have the manual? If, you do, the parts are listed on pg. 37. I believe you can even download the manual from the Kyosho America website.
see ya soon Quinn
here are the parts# for the front diff
bs107 bevel shafts
vz012 diff gears set
vz218 diff joint
vz203 pulley set if you dont have an extra 27tooth pulley
vz204 diff pulley set
2017 U.S.World Nitro Cup Nov 29th - Dec 3rd
U.S.Open Fuel Championship Returning soon
GMartinez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2008, 05:34 AM   #2862
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by GMartinez View Post
see ya soon Quinn
What-up, G.! Two weeks, my man. Capital Classic at 301 Raceway, Baby!

Old 05-29-2008, 05:04 AM   #2863
Tech Regular

Default suspension settings

I'll be racing my new chassis this weekend. What settings are you using for the suspension stops??

[email protected]

www.rcracing.com
RAP66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2008, 07:43 AM   #2864
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 39 (100%+)

I set mine up per the instructions. zero front and four in the back.
YANMAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2008, 03:18 PM   #2865
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 76 (100%+)

where can i get the rear belt for my v1rrrwcTE? i mean online store besides kyoshoamerica.com .... thanks.
meon99 is offline   Reply With Quote