Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road

Old 04-10-2008, 08:10 PM   #2761
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to Riketsu

Quote:
Originally Posted by hello View Post
RIKETSU,
I can't help it by noticing your signature, it says " KYOSHO RRR EVO World Champion" did you know that the RRR EVO was never a Champion? it is the original RRR WC TEAM EDITION that is a World Champion in 2004.
I dont care... My car is a champion no matter what you or anyone says... What I refer as WC is that it is a Team Edition... but World Champion sounds better...
Old 04-10-2008, 08:28 PM   #2762
Tech Apprentice

Kyosho will take it this year. I don't think they'll let this one slip by.
Paul D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2008, 08:31 PM   #2763
Tech Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul D. View Post
Kyosho will take it this year. I don't think they'll let this one slip by.
carkillaii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2008, 05:32 AM   #2764
Tech Rookie

Default Foam tyre and rubber tyre 23/24T gearing.

Right,

I have got so rather conflicting reports on the Foam tyre set up and the 2mm difference on the RRR

I have been told to have the rear tyres larger than the front AND others have told me also the front tyres larger than the rear!

From reading the manual it would appear that it is to have the front tyres 2mm SMALLER diameter than the rear and then over drive the front end by fitting the 23T pulley.

This would caluculate to be correct and the periphery speed would then be the same for both front and rear tyre using the 2mm differntial and the 23T pulley.

BUT WHY!

Why not use the 24t pulley and keep your foam tyres the same size as the periphery speeed will still be the same?

I cant see it has to have anything to do with the wear factor as if the rear or front wear more then the periphery speed will still be mismatched whatever gearing differential you use.

Could possibly to do with roll centres but they are adjustable anyway.

I have not raced on foam before so before I start following the manual and taking foam of of my brand new tyres to get the 2mm differential could anyone advise on why it is necessary.

Trevor
Trevor villa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2008, 07:59 AM   #2765
Tech Elite

There are many factors on to why use a 2mm split other than tire speed. One of them is that I want the car to be lower upfront and higher at back. So with the 2mm split, I just set the car to the same height and the tires will provide a better height. Another reason is that sometimes rear tires wear out faster. So, maybe this way somehow youll keep from having bigger front tires in comparison the rear. Maybe another reason would be the weight that you shave off from both tires? Dunno, that is what logic says to me.
Old 04-12-2008, 09:34 AM   #2766
Tech Initiate

Less sidewall on the front tires makes the car more tame on turn-in and less likely to traction roll.
meinie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2008, 02:24 PM   #2767
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

hi!have any of you try the light weight clutch for the rrr?it is a lot lighter?does it do notice difference?durability?can it breaks through the drilled holes?
GREGORY! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2008, 08:02 PM   #2768
Tech Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by GREGORY! View Post
hi!have any of you try the light weight clutch for the rrr?it is a lot lighter?does it do notice difference?durability?can it breaks through the drilled holes?
What clutch?
jeff1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2008, 10:13 PM   #2769
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to Scott Fisher

Quote:
Originally Posted by GREGORY! View Post
I assume you are talking about the light weight clutch bell. I use them all the time and love them. They do weigh a lot less. No problems with durability or breakage at all.
Old 04-13-2008, 02:02 AM   #2770
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 63 (100%+)

Newb ?:

I assume it must be ok to have the first gear spur & pinion teeth to add up to a different total than the second gear?

as i noticed some previous posts, stating gearing that didnt add up the same total number.

I thought they would have had to be the same so as the mesh is the same between the two?

any replies greatly appreciated
LOSI123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2008, 02:42 PM   #2771
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Fisher View Post
I assume you are talking about the light weight clutch bell. I use them all the time and love them. They do weigh a lot less. No problems with durability or breakage at all.
thank you Scott!i will try it then!
GREGORY! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2008, 08:07 PM   #2772
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 18 (95%+)
Send a message via Yahoo to rc lover
Questions?? kyosho v-one r and the v-one s

Hey any of you guys have info for the v-one r on road nitro car 1/10 scale trying to find hopups like top plate and any other stuff going to rebuild this one.just got the v-one r used and a new v-one s the v1s is ready to go but the v1r needs some minor things any help will be great.=
Old 04-13-2008, 08:26 PM   #2773
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to Scott Fisher

Quote:
Originally Posted by LOSI123 View Post
Newb ?:

I assume it must be ok to have the first gear spur & pinion teeth to add up to a different total than the second gear?

as i noticed some previous posts, stating gearing that didnt add up the same total number.

I thought they would have had to be the same so as the mesh is the same between the two?

any replies greatly appreciated

It is OK to have the first gear spur and pinion teeth add to a different totals than second.

I raced this weekend using 17/23 pinions and always ran a 60 for 1st but went back and forth between a 55 and 56 second. I normally run the 56.
Old 04-13-2008, 08:39 PM   #2774
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 39 (100%+)

I have an easy question for most of you. I put 30,000 in the rear dif like the kit said, but my rear tire wear is bad. What would happen if I went down in dif weight? What would it do to the car and would it help with tire wear. I really don't want to mess with it all that much because it handles so well, just looking to help tire wear.

Thanks,
Tim
YANMAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2008, 11:28 PM   #2775
Tech Elite

I asked about this a few weeks/months ago... Heres the thread:
http://www.rctech.net/forum/showthre...light=reducing

Whole about how to reduce tire wear. Some of the advices people gave me, was to go to 30k in my rear diff because I was running 10k.