R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road

Old 02-02-2008, 09:09 AM   #2581
Tech Initiate

Can someone recommend a good aluminum servo horn for my throttle/brake linkage? I just don't trust a trimmed plastic one to be durable enough.
92mnstanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2008, 04:29 PM   #2582
Tech Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by 92mnstanger View Post
Can someone recommend a good aluminum servo horn for my throttle/brake linkage? I just don't trust a trimmed plastic one to be durable enough.
I use a dynamite one and it seems to be holding up just fine ...hope this helps

Robert Maestrey
Old 02-03-2008, 04:33 PM   #2583
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 12 (93%+)
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by robert maestrey View Post
I use a dynamite one and it seems to be holding up just fine ...hope this helps

Robert Maestrey
Yes that the one I use works great.
Old 02-03-2008, 05:44 PM   #2584
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Ofna makes good one, that has plastic inserts for different servo brands. They come in different colors. Check it out:
http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...fna+servo+horn

Trinity / Epic / Revtech / VBC Racing USA / Mugen Seiki / Hot Race Tyres / SkyRocket Racing / SUPAFAST RC
kewdawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2008, 06:26 PM   #2585
Tech Initiate

I ended up buying a plastic OFNA horn. The dynamite aluminum part I looked at contacted the fuel tank just like everything else...I trimmed the OFNA part. It's thick enough it doesn't make me nervous. Now I just have to find a ball cup that fits my STS carb. The one I have is too big.
92mnstanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2008, 01:03 AM   #2586
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

hi all,new to this i just bought vone rrr evo with x312t converted it to a wce and im looking for set ups to suit the lilydale track in Melbourne,Australia also what size pinion and spur gears will i need there so i can stock up and can anyone tell me what this engine is like tuning wise etc etc.thanks
elche_83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2008, 06:45 PM   #2587
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default Sirio Power Clutch

Quote:
Originally Posted by iiistyler View Post
Doc56 I just baught the sirio clutch from pro-shop futaba in japan about 2 weeks ago I waited a couple of days for him to get stock of it. he might still have some
iiistyler bro, can u please pm me the website to this futaba pro-shop? TQ
doc56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2008, 06:52 PM   #2588
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by GMartinez View Post
It's not the same as the Sirio clutch the capricorn bell is different the shoe/clutch disk is smaller than the Sirio you can't even combine them together.
myself & another teammate tried the capricorn & we both had the same issue it exploded on us we then put on the sirio power clutch & were still running it
the Sirio power clutch is available from kyosho but has to be ordered by the piece since Sirio has not sent them the full system I will try to post all the #
What do you mean exploded? I had my clutch exploded before, whcih is the centrifugal pop out and some melted. From your opinion, which is better the capricorn clutch assembly or the sirio clutch assembly?
doc56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2008, 10:56 PM   #2589
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 13 (93%+)
Default front sway bar question

Hi

I set up my front swaybar / droop and now just have a small question..
I used robert maestrys droop setup as below:

"1. I set my eccentrics to parallel to the a-arms and tighten.
2. disconnect sway bar only removing the right sway leaving left one in place...
3.then ill use my down-stop gauge slide under left A-arm and set to desired point.
4.now ill move over to right side of car and will tighten or loosen the down-stop screw to the point that it allows the right sway bar to slide into the left sway without affecting the down-stop setting on the left side....I hope i haven't lost you guys....
5. OK the left has stayed at its setting lets say 0 down-stop setting now check what the right is at.....if the left is at 0 also then your set......if not use the right eccentric to raise or lower the arm to achieve the correct down-stop setting to match the opposite side....

Now once i have both arm heights the same i notice the right arm can be lifted more than the left before the sway bar engages. is this normal or does it affect the handling in anyway?? i spent a couple of hours trying to sort it out then just thought it was normal
mrgsr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2008, 11:12 PM   #2590
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to Scott Fisher

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrgsr View Post
Hi

I set up my front swaybar / droop and now just have a small question..
I used robert maestrys droop setup as below:

"1. I set my eccentrics to parallel to the a-arms and tighten.
2. disconnect sway bar only removing the right sway leaving left one in place...
3.then ill use my down-stop gauge slide under left A-arm and set to desired point.
4.now ill move over to right side of car and will tighten or loosen the down-stop screw to the point that it allows the right sway bar to slide into the left sway without affecting the down-stop setting on the left side....I hope i haven't lost you guys....
5. OK the left has stayed at its setting lets say 0 down-stop setting now check what the right is at.....if the left is at 0 also then your set......if not use the right eccentric to raise or lower the arm to achieve the correct down-stop setting to match the opposite side....

Now once i have both arm heights the same i notice the right arm can be lifted more than the left before the sway bar engages. is this normal or does it affect the handling in anyway?? i spent a couple of hours trying to sort it out then just thought it was normal
Holy .... I am going to send my car to Robert just to have him set the front droop.
Old 02-06-2008, 11:14 PM   #2591
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 13 (93%+)

It does make it a lot easier to set the droop though, first inital setup anyway.

scot do u know the play im talking about?

also did u get the link for the titanium screw set i sent you?
mrgsr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2008, 11:32 PM   #2592
Tech Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrgsr View Post
It does make it a lot easier to set the droop though, first inital setup anyway.

scot do u know the play im talking about?

also did u get the link for the titanium screw set i sent you?
I know what your talking about...and due to the fact that the the cup and ball are not exact size there will always be a little play if not it would bind....this should not affect handling.....Hey Scott anytime all kidding aside there are many ways to do your droop guys so if you found a way you like then stick to ithope this helps

Robert Maestrey
Old 02-07-2008, 12:36 AM   #2593
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by elche_83 View Post
hi all,new to this i just bought vone rrr evo with x312t converted it to a wce and im looking for set ups to suit the lilydale track in Melbourne,Australia also what size pinion and spur gears will i need there so i can stock up and can anyone tell me what this engine is like tuning wise etc etc.thanks
lay the shocks all the way down - kit springs and kit oil, that's about it; 40 or 42 shore tyre

X312T - 16/61 , 22/56.

start rich, bottom and top, lean off the top a notch at a time until you get the HP you want
Old 02-07-2008, 01:04 AM   #2594
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

thanks for the reply,ill give it a go and see if how it runs.
elche_83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2008, 02:01 AM   #2595
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to Scott Fisher

mrgsr: I do know the play you are talking about. Robert addressed that. Don't worry about it.

Robert: Good luck at the winternats.