R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road

Old 11-13-2007, 11:56 AM   #2386
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeff1 View Post
When using 2607 the header will touch the body as its very big.. my body has marks .. please see if you have this problem
You can cut the flange flat on the pipe + header where it touches the body to get a few extra mm of clearance. but the 2607 pipe will still rub.
brianhatesnitro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2007, 12:10 PM   #2387
Tech Champion

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeff1 View Post
When using 2607 the header will touch the body as its very big.. my body has marks .. please see if you have this problem
I would just ignore it, a few marks on the body won't hurt the performance anyway.
Team Kamikaze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2007, 12:15 PM   #2388
Tech Regular

Does anyone know the part# or who makes the laydown front body mount for the RRR? Where I could get one?

Thanks
vulso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2007, 12:29 PM   #2389
N.O
Tech Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by vulso View Post
Does anyone know the part# or who makes the laydown front body mount for the RRR? Where I could get one?

Thanks
VZ244
N.O is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2007, 10:37 AM   #2390
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to Riketsu

Hey guys... Im thinking of switching to Kyosho RRR Evo from my Mugen MTX-4... has anyone done this change??? What the difference between them? Do I need any additional hop-ups to make the car lighter or stronger??? What is a good list of spare parts I should have with me??? Thanks guys.
Riketsu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2007, 11:23 AM   #2391
Tech Adept

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riketsu View Post
Hey guys... Im thinking of switching to Kyosho RRR Evo from my Mugen MTX-4... has anyone done this change??? What the difference between them? Do I need any additional hop-ups to make the car lighter or stronger??? What is a good list of spare parts I should have with me??? Thanks guys.
I believe that for a RRR Evo WC the only thing that you REALLY needs to change are the brake disc (original is ridiculous) and the brake pads to the k-factory ones. Also I recommend that you buy a allen screws set cuz the philiphs screws that come with the kit suck!
There are other upgrades but they are not essential, like the aluminum or carbon fiber side stiffener, aluminum brake bar, steal pinion gears and so on.
Other than that, WC version comes with everything you need: one piece engine mount, sp belts, aluminum washer set, carbon front shock tower and a lot of other stuff.
You can take a look at nitro kb for a list of upgrades, there is a Ultimate and Ultimate X editions:
http://www.nitrokb.com/vonerrr/UltimateEdition.html

Spare parts should be the same as you are used to with MTX4, the cars are very similar.
Old 11-14-2007, 11:59 AM   #2392
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to Scott Fisher

I ran a Mugen the MTX4 from pretty much day one of its USA availability and switched to the RRR EVO WC at the beginning of 2007.

I pretty much agree with Ramiel. I run the hopup Kyosho APP brakes and they work well. I would not get the hopup side stiffener. The brake bar is more bling, but if you use a spool it isn't a bad thing to have, but not necessary. I would consider getting the steel pinions if you are more concerned about longevity vs. weight. The car is pretty darn good right out of the box. Definitely get an allen head screw kit. I got mine from Tony's screws.

Use the stock chassis.
Old 11-14-2007, 01:11 PM   #2393
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Fisher View Post
I ran a Mugen the MTX4 from pretty much day one of its USA availability and switched to the RRR EVO WC at the beginning of 2007.

I pretty much agree with Ramiel. I run the hopup Kyosho APP brakes and they work well. I would not get the hopup side stiffener. The brake bar is more bling, but if you use a spool it isn't a bad thing to have, but not necessary. I would consider getting the steel pinions if you are more concerned about longevity vs. weight. The car is pretty darn good right out of the box. Definitely get an allen head screw kit. I got mine from Tony's screws.

Use the stock chassis.

Ditto get the RRR EVO WC call it a day
The car is pretty much bullet proof except for the gears, again get the steel ones for longevity, personally I have no problems with the screws. Now dor spares:
Gears.....and the normal lower arms, front knuckles etc.
trickd122 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2007, 05:52 PM   #2394
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 85 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Fisher View Post

Use the stock chassis.
What's up Scott it was nice meeting you @ the Nat's
regarding the Tony screws they are good but way to heavy
standard kit with kyosho screws my car weighed in @ 1740
with the tony screws 1794
2017 U.S.World Nitro Cup Nov 29th - Dec 3rd
U.S.Open Fuel Championship Returning soon
GMartinez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2007, 05:58 PM   #2395
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to Riketsu

Thanks guys for the quick replies... I just purchased a RRR evo team kit... Cant wait for it to get here. I will definitely get allen screws since I dont like the standard kyosho ones. I usually use RCScrews's titanium ones... They bend on a very hard impact, but they shave a few grams off the total car weight.

I was wondering... which of the brake pads do you guys use??? I have seen on a few online shops two different types:

-Kyosho V1RRR EVO Acre Brake Pad [KY-IFW324]
-Kyosho V1RRR EVO APP Brake Pad [KY-APP02-2]

Also... someone mentioned that the brake disk is not so good... What brand do you guys recommend???
Riketsu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2007, 06:49 PM   #2396
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riketsu View Post
Thanks guys for the quick replies... I just purchased a RRR evo team kit... Cant wait for it to get here. I will definitely get allen screws since I dont like the standard kyosho ones. I usually use RCScrews's titanium ones... They bend on a very hard impact, but they shave a few grams off the total car weight.

I was wondering... which of the brake pads do you guys use??? I have seen on a few online shops two different types:

-Kyosho V1RRR EVO Acre Brake Pad [KY-IFW324]
-Kyosho V1RRR EVO APP Brake Pad [KY-APP02-2]

Also... someone mentioned that the brake disk is not so good... What brand do you guys recommend???
I use the APP brake pads. I run tonys screws in the bottom of the car and titanium screws on the top of the car. There is an APP brake disc as well.
Old 11-14-2007, 07:29 PM   #2397
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 66 (100%+)

does the regular rrr wce have the same brake setup as the evo? Can I buy just the evo top deck to run the stand up throttle servo instead of the laydown
Old 11-14-2007, 07:54 PM   #2398
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by tony montana View Post
does the regular rrr wce have the same brake setup as the evo? Can I buy just the evo top deck to run the stand up throttle servo instead of the laydown
I believe that the older car uses a plastic brake pulley that is driven with a pin. The Evo WCE uses an aluminum brake pulley with a set screw. Many of the team drivers use the plastic pulley setup to save rotating weight so you can retrofit your car.

George: Nice meeting you too... finally.
Being too heavy is not an issue with my car. I had to add over 70 grams of brass as well as using a 59 gram battery tray to get my car to make weight.
I still use the titanium top screws though.
Old 11-14-2007, 08:02 PM   #2399
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 66 (100%+)

scott, where can I find more rrr setups besides the kyosho website
Old 11-14-2007, 08:32 PM   #2400
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by tony montana View Post
scott, where can I find more rrr setups besides the kyosho website
I wouldn't know, but myself and guys like George, Robert, Michael, Walter etc, are on this forum with some frequency. Just ask as most of the team is quite willing to help. This car is in its 4th version and I started with Kyosho during this version so I am somewhat ignorant about the older versions.