R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road

Old 08-08-2007, 08:08 PM   #2086
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to Scott Fisher

Quote:
Originally Posted by doc56 View Post
How will the car's characteristics be when u apply the spool? Pls advice me...TQVM

I think you have overall less steering especially off power. I think the car has good steering when you power out of the corner. I usually prefer the spool anyway as the extra brakes you get are a big help.
Old 08-08-2007, 08:45 PM   #2087
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by tony montana View Post
thanks for the link. Man 215.oo is a little to expensive for me. I thought the conversion was suppose to come with the newer shocks? I didnt see them pictured. know of anyone else that has it besides the kyosho website that may be cheaper?
It's the wrong picture but correct part number. I haven't been able to locate this conversion stateside. You'll, probably, end up paying the same amount ordering it from overseas - after shipping & handling plus insurance.

See here:

http://www.the-border.com/product.ph...&cat=0&page=48

Note: Here, the picture is correct but the part number is off(or so it seems). Go figure.

Trinity / Epic / Revtech / VBC Racing USA / Mugen Seiki / Hot Race Tyres / SkyRocket Racing / SUPAFAST RC
kewdawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2007, 09:18 PM   #2088
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Whats the effect of changing the servosavers. Right now Im running #11. Does one give more steering than the other?
nitrodude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2007, 11:47 PM   #2089
Tech Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitrodude View Post
Whats the effect of changing the servosavers. Right now Im running #11. Does one give more steering than the other?
#10 = more steering
#11 = stock setting
#12 = less steering
nikoskar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2007, 04:56 AM   #2090
Tech Apprentice

we Run the 11... it`s smoother but same grip like the 10
greetz
H4gI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2007, 03:54 PM   #2091
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitrodude View Post
Yup... You need to try out the different steering servo savers on the track you are running. As a basis, #10 has more steering and is recommended for technical tracks. The #11 is in between and is the one recommended you start off with when assembling the kit. And lastly #12 which has less steering and is recommended for large flowing tracks. All in all, you also have to consider your driving style and which steering servo savers work for you and which you are comfortable driving with...
doki_doki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2007, 07:36 AM   #2092
Tech Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaotickc View Post
Ya, my Atomic didnt look like that, so it was a 1st gen. Still though...if you want a spool only, you cant go wrong with kyoshos. Its awsome quality, and the keep it simple idea is the best to me. No small parts to lose or break, or wear out...and they are only $25 +/-.

I`ve got the Kyosho Spool, the Atomic Multi-diff an the 3racing spool.... all I can say is that all three are very nice. No break or lose at all. So it`s your choice.

But I have problems with the normal kit-front and back diff. Those are break very fast, but with a little 3racing or atomic upgrade they work.

Greetz
H4gI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2007, 08:55 AM   #2093
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by H4gI View Post
I`ve got the Kyosho Spool, the Atomic Multi-diff an the 3racing spool.... all I can say is that all three are very nice. No break or lose at all. So it`s your choice.

But I have problems with the normal kit-front and back diff. Those are break very fast, but with a little 3racing or atomic upgrade they work.

Greetz
I have never run a front diff but are you saying that you break the rear diff? What are you breaking. I have never had a rear diff failure on any of rear gear diffs. My mugen never had a problem in almost 2 years, and I have had the Kyosho since Jan and only opened it to put fresh fluid in the thing about 2 weeks ago. Everything wears out after a while, but the diff and the gears last quite a while. Also, if you put a small amount of the Kyosho white grease on the outdrives they last a long time as well. I have not replaced any of the rear diff parts at all.
Old 08-10-2007, 09:45 AM   #2094
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Fisher View Post
I have never run a front diff but are you saying that you break the rear diff? What are you breaking. I have never had a rear diff failure on any of rear gear diffs. My mugen never had a problem in almost 2 years, and I have had the Kyosho since Jan and only opened it to put fresh fluid in the thing about 2 weeks ago. Everything wears out after a while, but the diff and the gears last quite a while. Also, if you put a small amount of the Kyosho white grease on the outdrives they last a long time as well. I have not replaced any of the rear diff parts at all.
I agree with you... I ran my V-One RRR WCE for more than a year with no problems with the differentials either front or rear... Then I upgraded to the V-One RRR Evo and still didn't have any problems with the differentials... All you have to look out for is if their's a leak in the differentials. That would tell you that either your o-rings or rubber seals are worn out or your differential casings need replacement which is a normal component for wear and tear. Other than that, the kit was built with exceptional quality...

Last edited by doki_doki; 08-11-2007 at 10:43 AM.
doki_doki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2007, 04:21 PM   #2095
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Ive never heard of the diffs breaking, either.

Trinity / Epic / Revtech / VBC Racing USA / Mugen Seiki / Hot Race Tyres / SkyRocket Racing / SUPAFAST RC
kewdawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2007, 02:16 AM   #2096
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

i had my first kyosho spool changed since it relased after the world and till now, still as tough as its is after 3 major race.

maskedrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2007, 02:16 AM   #2097
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Does the K14108 from KFactory fit onto the RRR Evo? I know the original G4 used same parts as a Kyosho V-One R.

Thanks
Undies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2007, 11:40 AM   #2098
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Undies View Post
Does the K14108 from KFactory fit onto the RRR Evo? I know the original G4 used same parts as a Kyosho V-One R.

Thanks

Try K1910
Old 08-11-2007, 10:17 PM   #2099
Tech Adept

pics speak for itself.

enjoy*
Tamiya IFS-Novak17.5/SPX || Tamiya TT-01-LRP x11 17.5
kreamUNO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2007, 01:54 AM   #2100
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Thanks for the quick reply...

I am not sure if i should get the RRR Evo KRF edition or spend the extra and get the Evo WCE? I have a TM G4S, do the universals in that fit the RRR Evo, i understand the alloy hex's do?

Also what battery pack is required for the Evo?

Thank you in advance
Undies is offline   Reply With Quote