Wiki Posts
Search

Kyosho V-ONE RRR Evo

Search this Thread

Old 05-03-2007, 05:16 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by MRX4-R03
What happened was the drive home and alot of thinking, I feel like my rrr wc is like having a mtx3 and I fel like its time to step it up...
That's just too funny.

Upgrade your shocks and you'll be fine. That is the only thing that is really going to make a noticeable difference. If it makes you feel better, you can evn upgrade the rear/center bulkheads, which will give you some additional rear camberlink position options. Other than that, the car is basically the same.
Old 05-03-2007, 05:42 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by rmdhawaii
That's just too funny.

Upgrade your shocks and you'll be fine. That is the only thing that is really going to make a noticeable difference. If it makes you feel better, you can evn upgrade the rear/center bulkheads, which will give you some additional rear camberlink position options. Other than that, the car is basically the same.
what is the difference in the shocks, I know they are from the Evolva and the front and back are both 2 hole pistons...
I just got the evo shocks but I have not driven the car yet with them, what about if I already have the kyosho rear bulk head upgrade is it still worth it,
Don't bash my car is dirty..
Attached Thumbnails Kyosho V-ONE RRR Evo-img_0337.jpg   Kyosho V-ONE RRR Evo-img_0338.jpg  
Old 05-03-2007, 05:55 PM
Tech Elite

what is the difference in the shocks, I know they are from the Evolva and the front and back are both 2 hole pistons...
I just got the evo shocks but I have not driven the car yet with them, what about if I already have the kyosho rear bulk head upgrade is it still worth it,
Don't bash my car is dirty..
The blue aluminum bulkhead upgrade is different from the Evo bulkhead upgrade. It's just a tuning option. If you're happy with your current camber link options, then I wouldn't change anything.

Old 05-03-2007, 06:50 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

On the topic of the Evo rear camber links...

What has everyone experienced with the new positions of the upper bulkhead pieces? I ran my Evo for the first time last weekend and the car was struggling for rear grip. There were multiple factors for that like the track was green and not sprayed very well. Mike Ellis brought up the concern over the camber link differences between the WCE and Evo and it appears that the WCE bulkheads offer more camber gain.

Any thoughts?

Thanks,
Tom
Old 05-03-2007, 07:16 PM
Tech Elite

Tom ~ You've got PM.
Old 05-03-2007, 07:47 PM
Tech Addict

Hey all evo guys I am in the process of thinking of buying a evo, but I am asking because I currently have a rrr wce but wondering if the evo wce is worth buying is there a difference or should I stick with my rrr wc, be honest on what you think..
I agree with rdmhawaii. If you have upgraded the shocks then you have made the biggest performance change between the EVO and RRR. As a second step you might consider changing the upper deck to the stand up servo configuration. So if your RRR wce is in good shape and since you have the new shocks on it already I would stick the car you got.

Eric
Old 05-03-2007, 08:41 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Eric Gebhard
I agree with rdmhawaii. If you have upgraded the shocks then you have made the biggest performance change between the EVO and RRR. As a second step you might consider changing the upper deck to the stand up servo configuration. So if your RRR wce is in good shape and since you have the new shocks on it already I would stick the car you got.

Eric
now asking is there any differences in going from the laydown to the upright..
Old 05-03-2007, 10:10 PM
Tech Elite

now asking is there any differences in going from the laydown to the upright..
IMO, I don't think you would see any noticeable difference in your laps times.

If you really want to be driving a Evo WCE, then just do it. All you have to do is buy the parts and you'll have the latest version of the RRR. Simple as that.
Old 05-03-2007, 10:31 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by rmdhawaii
IMO, I don't think you would see any noticeable difference in your laps times.

If you really want to be driving a Evo WCE, then just do it. All you have to do is buy the parts and you'll have the latest version of the RRR. Simple as that.
sounds good I will just do that...
Old 05-03-2007, 10:43 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

the main difference i found between the stand up/lay down radio tray was that the stand up version is much easier to clean and servo wiring becomes easier too.
i also suggest you get the evo main shaft because it is a lot easier to change belts and the brake pulley won't strip out like the plastic wce ones did.
Old 05-04-2007, 02:58 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by twiggy
...... the brake pulley won't strip out like the plastic wce ones did.
Does anyone know the purpose of changing from a block type brake holder to pins?

havy
Old 05-04-2007, 03:11 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by havy
Does anyone know the purpose of changing from a block type brake holder to pins?

havy
no its not the brake holder that strips but the pulley next to it.
when you change the pulley to the evo alloy one, you have to get the evo brake disc.
i suppose its better to have the brake disc ride on 2 hardened pins than one plastic block because the pins won't wear out as quickly.
Old 05-04-2007, 03:24 AM
Tech Regular

I agree there, but they came out w a similar piece that has the block instead of pins also.
here is a link, it's 3racing but its a complete piece w/o the plastic...link

havy
Old 05-04-2007, 05:49 AM
Tech Fanatic

My alu disc-holder that came with the RRR WC got worn quite a bit, i replaced it and the disc after about 10 race-days..
The pin-solution on the EVO is almost bulletproof, as long as the pins doesn't get loose as they did on my G4. I think i replaced the right rear bulkhead 3 times in a couple of weeks after nearly new brake assemblies loosened and the pins chewed up the plastic...
Old 05-04-2007, 05:58 AM
Tech Regular

yeah, I changed from the fw05rr to this car due to the pins, if not. I wouldn't have changed. I like the way the FW05RR drives, but kept having problems w/ the pins after several different tries. Recntly I had ordered the Kfactory one and the Kyosho steel one. But since I bought the RRR I decided to change cars and just concentrate on one car.

havy

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.