R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 02-09-2007, 10:12 AM   #46
Tech Master
 
Local racer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Laps up on you
Posts: 1,832
Default Us

I hear they will be announcing a Us Importer this week,with plenty of support I might try this car.
__________________
http://www.tqracing.net
Local racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2007, 10:51 AM   #47
Tech Elite
 
razzor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Durban, South Africa
Posts: 2,810
Default

Looks impressive ,possibly the Ferrari of 1/8
Pics from Nurenburg show were very nice.
__________________
Casterracing ZX1.5R
casterracing EX-1 Pro, SP Silver Arrow
TOP Racing Scythe, SP 17.5, SP GT Pro 2.0
TOP Racing Scythe, SP 4.5 V2, Hobbywing Xerun 120SD 2.0
TOP Racing Scythe, SP 13.5, Hobbywing Xerun 120SD 2.0
razzor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2007, 08:58 PM   #48
Tech Master
 
Taylorm's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Monclova, Ohio
Posts: 1,647
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by stugots 22
I I don't know... I am still in limbo about which 1/8 scale to buy.. Oh.. and the $1,000.00 price tag... is limited time... introduction price..
-i acquired my 960 for 510.00 , what is there to think about. 1,000.00 for an unproven ride................no thanks..........
__________________
Current stable... Team Associated SC8, Team Associated RC250 X 3
Tamiya F104X1...Tamiya F104W GP Edition...BMT/RC300 Frankenstein.....Edam Razor2
Checkers or Wreckers......................................................................................
Taylorm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2007, 09:06 PM   #49
Tech Addict
 
speedracer1bp's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Posts: 504
Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Local racer
I hear they will be announcing a Us Importer this week,with plenty of support I might try this car.
I hope they have cars soon!!!
speedracer1bp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2007, 09:06 PM   #50
Tech Master
 
Taylorm's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Monclova, Ohio
Posts: 1,647
Default

http://frm.gr/catalog/index.php?main...10&language=gr -few pics....
__________________
Current stable... Team Associated SC8, Team Associated RC250 X 3
Tamiya F104X1...Tamiya F104W GP Edition...BMT/RC300 Frankenstein.....Edam Razor2
Checkers or Wreckers......................................................................................
Taylorm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2007, 09:52 PM   #51
Tech Fanatic
 
Serpentd's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Evans, CO. USA
Posts: 798
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taylorm
-i acquired my 960 for 510.00 , what is there to think about. 1,000.00 for an unproven ride................no thanks..........
Yeah, that's what everyone said about my Slide. But don't plan on swithching anytime soon. Plus, money isn't an issue to all in this sport. Some of us have different budgets then others. And as far as being an unproven ride, if you understand geometery of a car, you can see this will hang with all the top contenders. No it's not a car for everyone, but either is the Slide. Some people like myself like to go "outside" of the box and try different stuff just for our own chalanges. Owning these less popular cars makes you have to learn your vehicle on your own for the most part. Less set up support for them do to the small amount of kits on the market. The satisfaction of doing it all on your own is very satisfiying. Nothing against Serpent or the other big boys out there, I just love the freedom of choice and am very appreciative that other car makers are out there like Slide and Motonica. What I found with the higher cost of these cars is that most parts are hand machined one at a time and these "makers" are not in it for the sole reason of high profits, but rather extreme high quality which is what you get every time. Some of us just like to be different in this world and follow our own drummer. And with me being a drummer for over 25 years, that sort of how I live my life. Plus on top of everything I have mentioned, you don't see "upgrades" for cars like the Slide and probably not the Motonica. Why, because it's already got the BEST of everything. On your Serpents, Kyoshos and Mugens, to drop 500 dollars on "upgrades" is not hard to do. And guess what, you are now at the 1000 dollar mark just like these kits that don't need hopups. I am very excited with this new car and personally might get one just to try out. But will probably stick to my good ole trusty Slide. This post isn't in anyway to bash anyone or any car, I love them all. Hell, it's 1:8th scale, that's what we LOVE!!!! It's just a different point of view is all. Sorry for all the babbling.
__________________
Blessed are the SIC
Serpentd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2007, 11:57 PM   #52
Tech Elite
 
British Menace's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Davenport, IA
Posts: 2,337
Default

It really does look a nice car. I hope people will post pics and let us know what they think of the car. Especially those who have had the other top brand 1/8th scale's.
Would be interesting to see how this one compares but if looks are anything to go by, I'd say it's a winner.

Menace
__________________
So enjoying building cars I sometimes forget to save some "man-time" to race them!?
British Menace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2007, 12:17 AM   #53
Tech Elite
 
razzor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Durban, South Africa
Posts: 2,810
Default

1 week to go to the nats ,I will take pics and maybe a vid of one.
Also interested in how they run dont think there is a question about quality ,that you can see.

Im on hold for now though since TM is busy with a 1/8 at the moment.
Think they will be running at the Worlds.
The worlds is definately going to be interesting !!!
Believe Dario Ballestri is running a Motonica P8.0
__________________
Casterracing ZX1.5R
casterracing EX-1 Pro, SP Silver Arrow
TOP Racing Scythe, SP 17.5, SP GT Pro 2.0
TOP Racing Scythe, SP 4.5 V2, Hobbywing Xerun 120SD 2.0
TOP Racing Scythe, SP 13.5, Hobbywing Xerun 120SD 2.0
razzor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2007, 03:02 AM   #54
Tech Elite
 
British Menace's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Davenport, IA
Posts: 2,337
Default

No Way.....really?
__________________
So enjoying building cars I sometimes forget to save some "man-time" to race them!?
British Menace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2007, 05:43 AM   #55
Tech Elite
 
fastharry™'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2001
Location: Mahwah, NJ.. USA!! ..... Home of http://www.fastharry.com
Posts: 2,846
Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Send a message via Skype™ to fastharry™
Default

you know the part that puzzles me?...why do big time RC MFG's make a big deal over flexing chassis(x ray for one,esp the new 10th nitro),yet some absolutely boast of No FLEX!!

(right off the moto web site....)

Every available space has been exploited at best with the intention of making the chassis completely rigid and therefore to fully exploit the suspension geometry.

there's a question that should be a sticky at the top!!
__________________
www.fastharry.com---search "fastharry" on facebook
See Fastharry in Super Nitro racing at the HPI CHALLENGE...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jzo-cBEnE0c
fastharry™ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2007, 08:27 AM   #56
Tech Elite
 
suntok2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Manila Philippines
Posts: 2,412
Send a message via ICQ to suntok2 Send a message via AIM to suntok2 Send a message via Yahoo to suntok2
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Serpentd
Yeah, that's what everyone said about my Slide. But don't plan on swithching anytime soon. Plus, money isn't an issue to all in this sport. Some of us have different budgets then others. And as far as being an unproven ride, if you understand geometery of a car, you can see this will hang with all the top contenders. No it's not a car for everyone, but either is the Slide. Some people like myself like to go "outside" of the box and try different stuff just for our own chalanges. Owning these less popular cars makes you have to learn your vehicle on your own for the most part. Less set up support for them do to the small amount of kits on the market. The satisfaction of doing it all on your own is very satisfiying. Nothing against Serpent or the other big boys out there, I just love the freedom of choice and am very appreciative that other car makers are out there like Slide and Motonica. What I found with the higher cost of these cars is that most parts are hand machined one at a time and these "makers" are not in it for the sole reason of high profits, but rather extreme high quality which is what you get every time. Some of us just like to be different in this world and follow our own drummer. And with me being a drummer for over 25 years, that sort of how I live my life. Plus on top of everything I have mentioned, you don't see "upgrades" for cars like the Slide and probably not the Motonica. Why, because it's already got the BEST of everything. On your Serpents, Kyoshos and Mugens, to drop 500 dollars on "upgrades" is not hard to do. And guess what, you are now at the 1000 dollar mark just like these kits that don't need hopups. I am very excited with this new car and personally might get one just to try out. But will probably stick to my good ole trusty Slide. This post isn't in anyway to bash anyone or any car, I love them all. Hell, it's 1:8th scale, that's what we LOVE!!!! It's just a different point of view is all. Sorry for all the babbling.
Yes I agree. I like the SMP slide What model of Slide do you have?
suntok2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2007, 01:07 PM   #57
Tech Fanatic
 
Serpentd's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Evans, CO. USA
Posts: 798
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by suntok2
Yes I agree. I like the SMP slide What model of Slide do you have?
Dude, that's a good question. I have four slides. The very first edition 2000 maybe? or 2001? can't remember what year that one is. Then I have the release 2002 non chrome and then the 2002 or 2003 chrome version. My partner Kevin Wiese is hooking me up as we speak on the most current version, I think this is considered the 2006 version. I will send Photos after my buddy sends me my newest kit. Plus he has my chrome version beause when we went to the Paris Memorial race I flew out and had 3 large totes. And I didn't want to pay the extra 75 bucks to bring that tote on the plane, plus we were running VERY late for my departure. So he is suppose to (cross my fingers) Fed Ex that tote this week. Send some photos if you can bro! Talk with you soon my new Slide friend! Later bro!
__________________
Blessed are the SIC
Serpentd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2007, 08:26 PM   #58
Tech Elite
 
suntok2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Manila Philippines
Posts: 2,412
Send a message via ICQ to suntok2 Send a message via AIM to suntok2 Send a message via Yahoo to suntok2
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Serpentd
Dude, that's a good question. I have four slides. The very first edition 2000 maybe? or 2001? can't remember what year that one is. Then I have the release 2002 non chrome and then the 2002 or 2003 chrome version. My partner Kevin Wiese is hooking me up as we speak on the most current version, I think this is considered the 2006 version. I will send Photos after my buddy sends me my newest kit. Plus he has my chrome version beause when we went to the Paris Memorial race I flew out and had 3 large totes. And I didn't want to pay the extra 75 bucks to bring that tote on the plane, plus we were running VERY late for my departure. So he is suppose to (cross my fingers) Fed Ex that tote this week. Send some photos if you can bro! Talk with you soon my new Slide friend! Later bro!
Wow thats great I also had a 2003 V chrome version and until now the car still new in the box. I bought this car because I love the design and the braking system I send you also picture with my slide
suntok2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2007, 10:25 AM   #59
Tech Addict
 
DogboneS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: - NH - USA -
Posts: 552
Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)
Default

Motonica is gonna be a contender at races. The results of overseas races have shown it can hang with the big names. Put one in the hands of the winternat winner and after a day, it will be setup for matching lap times. What impresses me is the pics from the german toyfair of the 2 wheel drive "retro" chassis. A fine example of looking back and offering a modern chassis for " old school " racing. Lightwieght with modern driving geometry. They are building kits for drivers that love to drive. Winning is the option part.
DogboneS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2007, 10:19 PM   #60
Tech Addict
 
speedracer1bp's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Posts: 504
Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Local racer
I hear they will be announcing a Us Importer this week,with plenty of support I might try this car.
Any news of a US Importer??
speedracer1bp is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Motonica P8.0R jozat R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 1 12-30-2007 08:20 PM
Motonica P8.0R jozat R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 0 12-30-2007 06:31 PM
motonica-2wd pan........... Taylorm Nitro On-Road 10 05-29-2007 05:42 AM
Motonica coming wario69 Nitro On-Road 33 04-24-2007 02:30 PM
Motonica P8.0R Kits are on their way areal Nitro On-Road 39 04-03-2007 12:53 PM



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 10:28 PM.


Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net