R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road

Old 06-22-2006, 03:58 AM   #31
Tech Regular

Send a message via ICQ to Orfeous Send a message via AIM to Orfeous Send a message via MSN to Orfeous Send a message via Yahoo to Orfeous

Quote:
Originally Posted by fraz
Yeah but the acrylic ones aren't as accurate. I own 3 Hudy acrylic systems for sedan, 235mm, and 1/8 scale. For camber, the system is far from perfect and the camber is not correct. Now I only use the Hudy for toe measurements and steering balance/travel and it does that quite well. I use a simple plastic gauge for setting camber and that guarantees that you will have even measurements left to right. I have tried a couple of the Hudy aluminum ones for 1/8 scale and they are much better with the bearings to ride on, more accurate fit, and less friction overall. I still find the camber off by at least 1/2 degree.

I got tired of the inaccuracy of the Hudy on my sedan and bought the cheaper Integy aluminum system and that thing works very well. The lines are a little fat but I can trust the setup to be even.

Now we move on to why I am in this thread at all... I want a better system and don't feel like "doubling down" with Hudy to buy their overpriced aluminum system when I have over $300 in ones I don't use. The Team Magic one looks decent and if I can get one cheap, I will pick one up. The concept of placing the pivot at the bottom looks sound and should yield accurate results, we'll see.

Thank you for the short review! it sounds that the acrylic old version is crap.. and the new are very precise and good. With ballbearings and etc..

In sweden the new hudy setup costs about 1300 SEK and the version with full options about 2900 SEK so its quite expensive. I think that i cab borrow one instead of buying. But there are many setup systems that are really similair to the new hudy... but for the half of the price

If you sell the acrylic one.. can you sell it for free and i only pay the shipping? otherwise it will be quite expensive and more wurth of bying the new one.
Orfeous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2006, 04:00 AM   #32
Tech Regular

Send a message via ICQ to Orfeous Send a message via AIM to Orfeous Send a message via MSN to Orfeous Send a message via Yahoo to Orfeous

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason Smith
I used to use the clear Hudy setup system, but today I got my Team Magic in the mail and I must say it seems very innovative and precise!
is it quite good as hudy? any noticable differences?
Old 06-22-2006, 03:45 PM   #33
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

I have not used the new alloy version of the Hudy so I cannot say for sure. But as far as the plastic version....for me I would set the car up and if I checked it again a few minutes later it could be off sometimes as much as a degree or two! So I never knew how accurate it really was. The team magic gives me the same reading every time and is much easier to read for me.

The older hudy style on my Mugen, the hubs would never click in (in the rear) so they could easily slide back and forth on the axles changing your readings. The tm version however is very snug and stays locked.
Jason Smith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2006, 09:19 PM   #34
Tech Adept

i'm thinking for getting the new team magic setup system. anyone have one yet????
twan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2006, 10:31 PM   #35
Tech Adept

anyone with more info on the team magic??
Old 06-28-2006, 11:02 AM   #36
Tech Regular

i think i am going to buy that setup system from Hudy later.
Old 06-28-2006, 12:17 PM   #37
Tech Master
R/C Tech Charter Subscriber

Quote:
Originally Posted by twan
i'm thinking for getting the new team magic setup system. anyone have one yet????

It is a very good system. Excellent quality. Just as good as the new HUDY for a lesser price.
NismoSkyline17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2006, 06:47 PM   #38
Tech Adept

sounds good i think i will get that one. thanks
Old 07-03-2006, 02:44 PM   #39
Tech Regular

i am little confused now..
everyone says that team magic setup system is cheapier than the hudy.. but as far as i can see the team magic is more expensive than hudy here in sweden.

Team magic takes $200 for the setup system.
Hudy takes 1280 SEK

$200 is about 1400 SEK

but i think i will get the all in one from Hudy.
Old 07-03-2006, 03:01 PM   #40
Tech Regular

Oh, i just got a special price for the hudy setup
1100 SEK :P with no shipping hehe.

1450 SEK with spacer and that droop gauge.. that thing you lay under your wheel axles..?

i take it.
Old 07-03-2006, 03:49 PM   #41
Tech Adept

is there anything else i need with the team magic?? the hudy is all in one?? what does that mean?? i guess the team magic is not?? i'm new to all this setup stuff. any help will be great. thanks
Old 07-03-2006, 04:05 PM   #42
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by twan
is there anything else i need with the team magic?? the hudy is all in one?? what does that mean?? i guess the team magic is not?? i'm new to all this setup stuff. any help will be great. thanks
The Hudy AIO comes with set-up prisms, toe gauge, droop blocks, droop gauge, ride height gauge, tweak/width station, set-up board, set-up board decal, aluminum case, and manual.

PS. The decal is only good for setting up the width of each side from the centerline. After that, it gets in the way more than anything. The decal is a nice foot pad for your board - I flip mine over and use the naked side.
performula is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2006, 04:42 PM   #43
Tech Regular

The only thing that is required is the normal setup system, chassis support blocks and chassis droop gauge.

I allready got a glasspad to put my car on. And i can measure the width with a ruler.

What is that "tweak station" that only is available in AIO version??
Old 07-04-2006, 12:31 PM   #44
Tech Addict

Send a message via AIM to fraz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orfeous
i am little confused now..
everyone says that team magic setup system is cheapier than the hudy.. but as far as i can see the team magic is more expensive than hudy here in sweden.

Team magic takes $200 for the setup system.
Hudy takes 1280 SEK

$200 is about 1400 SEK

but i think i will get the all in one from Hudy.
I think you are comparing apples to oranges on the price. I think that 1280 SEK is "street" price where the $200USD is "retail". Check it out because Hudy stuff is always top dollar.
fraz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2006, 12:38 PM   #45
Tech Regular

i allready ordered a setup system from hudy.