R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road

Old 02-23-2007, 10:22 PM   #676
Tech Adept

Quote:
Originally Posted by dr_catman
did you try it out without the hop ups first. And then try out with different hop ups. was there a difference?

Well,the RRR coming out of the box is a ready to Race car.I tried it out and it's performance was almost the same.According to my knowledge on my other two cars,i wanted RRR to be my best r/c car.I hoped it up with parts that would make it look better and at some points where i had problems with my older cars , in order to make it more durable like the front universals for example(i don't search anymore for the front bars after a crash... )}Then I wanted it to balance the overall weight of the car:i added some alluminum parts,that are heavier from the plastic stock ones, to make the car more stable and durable at crashes or whatever.On the other hand i added some lightweight products to remove the "more" weight from the alluminum parts and to make the car roll smoother.This was my general phylosophy over the car,before i start adding hop ups.I wanted a car as i said:nice lookiing,durable,stable,with a good engine and with a good radio system.I think i made it.I t was my choice to spent some money at some unnesecairy items which are for the "eye" only ,and it was my choice to pay for some items that really improved my car handling,strenght , durability and performance.What i really believe is that at races the driver is the one who wins and not the car only itself.The rest things are to make us feel better and more "sure" about our performance.That's all...
nickiphorosn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2007, 11:34 PM   #677
Tech Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by nickiphorosn
Well,the RRR coming out of the box is a ready to Race car.I tried it out and it's performance was almost the same.According to my knowledge on my other two cars,i wanted RRR to be my best r/c car.I hoped it up with parts that would make it look better and at some points where i had problems with my older cars , in order to make it more durable like the front universals for example(i don't search anymore for the front bars after a crash... )}Then I wanted it to balance the overall weight of the car:i added some alluminum parts,that are heavier from the plastic stock ones, to make the car more stable and durable at crashes or whatever.On the other hand i added some lightweight products to remove the "more" weight from the alluminum parts and to make the car roll smoother.This was my general phylosophy over the car,before i start adding hop ups.I wanted a car as i said:nice lookiing,durable,stable,with a good engine and with a good radio system.I think i made it.I t was my choice to spent some money at some unnesecairy items which are for the "eye" only ,and it was my choice to pay for some items that really improved my car handling,strenght , durability and performance.What i really believe is that at races the driver is the one who wins and not the car only itself.The rest things are to make us feel better and more "sure" about our performance.That's all...
Think your philosophy is fair. Spend on upgrades within ones means if it one wants. It is a compormoise between durability, weight, preformance (and bling ).

One question though to everyone, if you strengthen parts of your car with alu or titatium etc...., will that not change the breakage point to another part of the car, or worse still create damage to chassis or engine. Kinda like not have a crumple zone?
dr_catman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2007, 12:38 AM   #678
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Quote:
One question though to everyone, if you strengthen parts of your car with alu or titatium etc...., will that not change the breakage point to another part of the car, or worse still create damage to chassis or engine. Kinda like not have a crumple zone?
Well, you can't have everything.. The whole point of having some of these stronger parts (aluminum) is to survive a crash and finish the race - even if it means some other parts get damaged as you have stated - although I've never experienced this personally. As I've gotten better at driving, I don't damage the car as much and seem to avoid a lot of accidents. That doesn't mean that someone won't hit me first.
Kyosho V-ONE RRR WC (x2) \ XRAY T2'007 \ Also owned: XRAY NT1 & Mugen MTX-4
rmdhawaii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2007, 12:12 PM   #679
Tech Adept

Default RRR

Quote:
Originally Posted by rmdhawaii
Well, you can't have everything.. The whole point of having some of these stronger parts (aluminum) is to survive a crash and finish the race - even if it means some other parts get damaged as you have stated - although I've never experienced this personally. As I've gotten better at driving, I don't damage the car as much and seem to avoid a lot of accidents. That doesn't mean that someone won't hit me first.

i agree with you rmdhawaii.There should be a balance between performance and durability.Moreover you cannot predict what can happen in a race no matter how good driver someone is.
Old 02-24-2007, 06:34 PM   #680
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Send a message via Yahoo to fritzD

Quote:
I would say... that it's very minimal at best.

Hey fritzD! What do you think?

fritzD is our resident applied physicis major. If anybody knows the answer to the question, he does.
Throtle Servo mounting on the RRR and RRR evo? From what I learned it is not really the how low the center of mass/gravity the affects the handling or performance of the car. It is how closer the center of mass to the center line of the car "line of symmetry of the car" I guess that's why they opted for the stand up configuration in the RRR evo. I may be wrong but the RRR evo has a center of mass closer to the line of symmetry of the car. But then again, i don't really know unless i do exact calculations of both car's center of masses. hehehe!
fritzD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2007, 08:28 PM   #681
Tech Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by fritzD
Throtle Servo mounting on the RRR and RRR evo? From what I learned it is not really the how low the center of mass/gravity the affects the handling or performance of the car. It is how closer the center of mass to the center line of the car "line of symmetry of the car" I guess that's why they opted for the stand up configuration in the RRR evo. I may be wrong but the RRR evo has a center of mass closer to the line of symmetry of the car. But then again, i don't really know unless i do exact calculations of both car's center of masses. hehehe!
I belive the centre of mass is closer to the midline as the servo is heavier than the rx unit. But then, don't they have to balance this out on the other side. Not sure if the have done this. Anyone know?
Old 02-25-2007, 04:21 AM   #682
Tech Addict

Quote:
Here are the hop ups i have purchased vor my V-ONE RRR-your opinion?

What does the 1 KYOSHO V ONE RRR sponge packing for fuel tank do?
Did you change your chassis as well?
Old 02-25-2007, 04:27 AM   #683
Tech Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by doki_doki
Thanks... I just have that usual urge of upgrading my kits to any hop-up parts worth buying. I also race my race and when I fell that part does not perform well, I take it out and go back to the stock parts
Frstly nice car

Quick question, any parts changed back to stock
Old 02-25-2007, 05:04 AM   #684
Tech Adept

Default RRR HOP UPS

Quote:
What does the 1 KYOSHO V ONE RRR sponge packing for fuel tank do?
Did you change your chassis as well?

I bought this RRR used from e-bay for 180$ 6 months ago.So i had to upgrade it and change some parts.The sponge pucking for fuel tank are those small spongs that are placed inside at the top part of the tank.I'ts not actually a hop up
.As for the chase, i changed it,but i also have the stock one(just some scrathes and one atomic black color that i have not yet tried.I believe the best chase for that car is the k-factory one and the Kyosho sp chase,but both of them are very expensive.I bought the 3 racing chase which i am using by now for 25$-30$ and i don't have the slightest problem till now
Attached Thumbnails
Kyosho V-ONE RRR Ultimate Edition (UE)-spong.jpg  
Old 02-25-2007, 05:42 AM   #685
Tech Elite

Quote:
... Too many fun things to do and work on, but so little time to do them all.
So true
Old 02-25-2007, 07:03 AM   #686
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Quote:
I would say... that it's very minimal at best.

Hey fritzD! What do you think?

fritzD is our resident applied physicis major. If anybody knows the answer to the question, he does.
You got that right... This guy helped me out when I was in the tracks and explained to me something about the center of gravity... All I can say is that I understood some parts of it. Mostly of the time, I get lost when he explains stuff like that. It's kinda hard for me to be in sync with his line of thinking with me being into the medical field...
doki_doki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2007, 08:42 AM   #687
Tech Addict

Quote:
I bought this RRR used from e-bay for 180$ 6 months ago.So i had to upgrade it and change some parts.The sponge pucking for fuel tank are those small spongs that are placed inside at the top part of the tank.I'ts not actually a hop up
.As for the chase, i changed it,but i also have the stock one(just some scrathes and one atomic black color that i have not yet tried.I believe the best chase for that car is the k-factory one and the Kyosho sp chase,but both of them are very expensive.I bought the 3 racing chase which i am using by now for 25$-30$ and i don't have the slightest problem till now
Thanks, well done on a good deal.