R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road

Old 02-09-2007, 12:02 AM   #646
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by HarKonnenD
Doki_doki- I must say that's a fine vehicle you've got there. Is that the stock Novarossi plus .12 or the modded vs?
That's just the stock version of the Novarossi Plus 12-3. But it's the SCT version with the newer diameter in crankshaft 11.9mm instead of the 11.5mm. Also there is an o-ring between the the crankcase and the engine head. It keeps the dirt out This engine is stupid fast
doki_doki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2007, 12:06 AM   #647
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ivan Dickson
Sorry this is the picture of the part I was talking about rear stablizer located under brake lever what is the part number?
Kyosho VZW204 Rear Adjustable Stabilizer Set
Old 02-09-2007, 01:19 AM   #648
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 12 (93%+)
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by doki_doki
Kyosho VZW204 Rear Adjustable Stabilizer Set
Thanks, your car is off the hook looks really nice.
Old 02-09-2007, 01:25 AM   #649
Tech Elite

Quote:
Thanks, your car is off the hook looks really nice.
Thanks... I just have that usual urge of upgrading my kits to any hop-up parts worth buying. I also race my race and when I fell that part does not perform well, I take it out and go back to the stock parts
Old 02-09-2007, 01:42 AM   #650
Tech Master

I just found that part at rc-mushroom much cheaper than kyosho web site most likely I'll get it next week were did you get your vzw204?
Old 02-09-2007, 01:48 AM   #651
Tech Elite

Quote:
I just found that part at rc-mushroom much cheaper than kyosho web site most likely I'll get it next week were did you get your vzw204?
Got it from my local hobby shop
Old 02-09-2007, 01:55 AM   #652
Tech Master

Quote:
Got it from my local hobby shop
Your LHS has a lot nice stuff for RRR here in SO CAL it is hard to find alot of hop ups for the RRR. most of the time I order online cause my LHS dont have what I'm looking for.
Old 02-09-2007, 02:03 AM   #653
Tech Elite

Quote:
Your LHS has a lot nice stuff for RRR here in SO CAL it is hard to find alot of hop ups for the RRR. most of the time I order online cause my LHS dont have what I'm looking for.
I see...Well, a guest racer from the California raced with us last January. He was running Mugen MTX-4 and had Skyline hop-ups for his kit...
Old 02-09-2007, 03:20 PM   #654
jag
Tech Master

Quote:
Here are more pictures of my kit

It looks like you need to increase your rear ride height a little.

Nice looking car.
jag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2007, 06:17 PM   #655
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by jag
It looks like you need to increase your rear ride height a little.

Nice looking car.
Hehehe... Our local tracks is kinda bumpy. My rear ride height is already set at 8mm and front ride height at 7mm. I did this to accomodate to the tracks. Will be moving to Jacksonville Florida soon. Any tips where I can a good hooby shop and racetrack there? Any set-up tips?
Old 02-09-2007, 07:13 PM   #656
jag
Tech Master

Quote:
Hehehe... Our local tracks is kinda bumpy. My rear ride height is already set at 8mm and front ride height at 7mm. I did this to accomodate to the tracks. Will be moving to Jacksonville Florida soon. Any tips where I can a good hooby shop and racetrack there? Any set-up tips?
If you are willing to drive a little you can race our state series. The 3 tracks we currently race on are: Ft. Myers, Kissimmee and Homestead. They are all excellent tracks. Homestead will be a hike from Jacksonville but it is a very cool venue. It's in the parking lot of the Homestead Motor Speedway. Checkout our website for additional information http://www.forgass.com/ I am not aware of any tracks in the Jacksonville area but there may be some.

As for a hobby shop, you gotta checkout PNP Hobbies in Palm Bay. Depending upon where you are in Jacksonville, PNP is around 150 miles south but it's worth the drive. They are racers and they have a track right down the street. I don't know the area very well but I travel to Jacksonville twice a month. PM me if you have any questions and I will try to help you out.

Welcome to the neighborhood,
Jim
Old 02-09-2007, 07:37 PM   #657
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

I think my chassis are a bit more scratched up than doki_doki's. WCE#1 on top, WCE #2 on the bottom.

Before: 5.5mm front, 6.5 rear with 60mm F / 62mm R tires. I changed out my fronts when they got down to 58mm.

More recently: 7.5mm front, 8.5mm rear with 62mm F / 64mm R. I just start off with 2mm larger tires.

Kyosho V-ONE RRR WC (x2) \ XRAY T2'007 \ Also owned: XRAY NT1 & Mugen MTX-4
rmdhawaii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2007, 08:17 PM   #658
jag
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by rmdhawaii
I think my chassis are a bit more scratched up than doki_doki's. WCE#1 on top, WCE #2 on the bottom.

Before: 5.5mm front, 6.5 rear with 60mm F / 62mm R tires. I changed out my fronts when they got down to 58mm.

More recently: 7.5mm front, 8.5mm rear with 62mm F / 64mm R. I just start off with 2mm larger tires.

OUCH! You do know you are allowed raise the ride height at the track... I adjust my ride height and rotate my tires after every run unless it's between qualifiers. Then I just change tires.
Old 02-09-2007, 11:33 PM   #659
Tech Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by jag
OUCH! You do know you are allowed raise the ride height at the track... I adjust my ride height and rotate my tires after every run unless it's between qualifiers. Then I just change tires.

Wow!!! Doki and Rainer...you guys are either running too low..or your set-up is way soft allowing your cars to bottom out very aggressive..try running a little stiffer or more droop this might help....
Old 02-10-2007, 01:52 AM   #660
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by robert maestrey
Wow!!! Doki and Rainer...you guys are either running too low..or your set-up is way soft allowing your cars to bottom out very aggressive..try running a little stiffer or more droop this might help....
It's really not as bad as it looks. The 7075 holds up really well and it's more like someone took sand paper to it than gouges. Because of the nose dives, the front has a few deeper scratches, but nothing like the type of abuse the stock chassis takes.

Here are the other settings:

Front down stop: 0mm
Rear down stop: 4mm
Springs: Stock F/R
Shock oil: 500/500
Shock position: 2.5/3

I don't run on a prepared surface like you guys. The surface I race on is very abrasive. With 40 shore all the way around, I can lose up to 1mm on the rear tire in 6-8 minutes if I drive very aggressively. Anytime I bottom out or jump the track (Road Rails), contact with the track or driving surface puts a few more scratches on the bottom. Having said that, if I send the car out with 58mm fronts and 60mm rears, the ride height is 2.5mm front, 4.5mm rear - at the end of the race, it's 2mm front, 3.5mm rear ~ very low indeed.

The tires wear pretty unevenly all the way around, so I have this entire tire management program going on to rotate and replace tires, to ensure that I start each race with appropriately sized tires on all four corners to get a 2mm split.

As far as adjusting the ride height goes (jag), I've been reluctant to change the preload and prefer to leave it "as is". If you guys think I should be changing it, I'm all ears. How does changing the preload to raise the ride height by 2mm change the cars handling? What is the impact of having a different preload between the right and left tires? Do you raise the rear ride height to compensate for rear tire wear? i.e. start 58/60, end 57.5/59 - would you adjust the rear ride height by 0.5mm? As is, I swap out the tires.

Thanks guys. You know I'm always looking to get smarter at all of this.
Kyosho V-ONE RRR WC (x2) \ XRAY T2'007 \ Also owned: XRAY NT1 & Mugen MTX-4
rmdhawaii is offline   Reply With Quote