R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road

Old 08-05-2006, 11:34 PM   #571
Tech Elite

Send a message via AIM to SOLOARTIST 702
Default hmm

OH BOY
RC AMERICA / XRAY / HUDY/ MATRIX TIRES /KOPROPO / ORCAN GT3 /RED CUP RACING MEMBER / SPEEWORLD RACEWAY/ A+ performance parts /IVE SEEN THE XRAY TEAM DRIVE SO I GOT XRAY CARS / better to keep up than to catch up

WILLIAM PENDERGRASS
SOLOARTIST 702 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2006, 11:44 AM   #572
Tech Elite

Default hmm

lets go keep it movin
RC AMERICA / XRAY / HUDY/ MATRIX TIRES /KOPROPO / ORCAN GT3 /RED CUP RACING MEMBER / SPEEWORLD RACEWAY/ A+ performance parts /IVE SEEN THE XRAY TEAM DRIVE SO I GOT XRAY CARS / better to keep up than to catch up

WILLIAM PENDERGRASS
Old 08-20-2006, 11:49 AM   #573
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 23 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to HarKonnenD

Wonder how come the thread is slowing down? Everyone seemed to love this car and now it's just...dead?
Old 08-20-2006, 01:51 PM   #574
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by HarKonnenD
Wonder how come the thread is slowing down? Everyone seemed to love this car and now it's just...dead?
season winding down? or the changes really do not make much of a difference.
drfritz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2006, 07:01 PM   #575
Tech Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by drfritz
season winding down? or the changes really do not make much of a difference.
Problem there are alot of RRR threads......most questions are being answered on the RRR thread...and there are several changes that do make differences in certain aspects... I still love the car and I know all the guys in my area that are using it still love it...You cant measure the popularity of a car by these threads
robert maestrey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2006, 07:16 PM   #576
Tech Elite

Default rrr

i just keep it going but the car is good to me i just like posting hope everyone is enjoying the racing with wce or evo i am the SOLOARTIST IN 702

WILLIAM PENDERGRASS
Old 08-21-2006, 01:27 PM   #577
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

I finally had a chance to compare an Ultimate X against a WCE this past weekend. Both cars are mine. The WCE only has the following upgrades:

- VZW214 SP Main Chassis(RRR/7075/3T/Gunmetallic)
- VZW216 Aluminum Middle Shaft Mount(for RRR)
- VZW207 SP Rear Shock Stay Set(RRR/S3/Blue)

Suspension setup, front diff, diff oils and tires were the same on both cars. The engine was moved from one car to the next.

Hands down, the UX handled way better than the WCE given the same setup. The WCE was a little sloppy on the track, while the UX was easier to drive and under control at all times. It's probably possible to tune the WCE to match the UX's performance (which I will try to do), but there clearly was a difference between the two cars.

I'm going to update the UE/X spec some time next month (finally) after I take care of some other things. The only new items being added to the published spec are:

- Boca ceramic bearings
- K Factory 4mm Carbon Bumper Top Plate
- RRR Evo Spur gears

Will: Thanks bro. You should add a link to the KB Web site to your signature. That way, when you post, the link is there for everyone to see.

For those of you that don't know, the UE/X project was moved to my Web site a couple of months ago. It has a forum, so any questions, additions or subtractions to the UE/X can be discussed there. If Will didn't keep on tagging this thread, it would disappear ...

Robert/HarKonnenD: Hi guys
Kyosho V-ONE RRR WC (x2) \ XRAY T2'007 \ Also owned: XRAY NT1 & Mugen MTX-4
rmdhawaii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2006, 02:11 PM   #578
OVA
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 79 (100%+)
Default pinion gears

Where can i pick up the 15 and 20 or 21 teeths pinion for V-one RRR ?
Old 08-21-2006, 02:42 PM   #579
jag
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by rmdhawaii
I finally had a chance to compare an Ultimate X against a WCE this past weekend. Both cars are mine. The WCE only has the following upgrades:

Suspension setup, front diff, diff oils and tires were the same on both cars. The engine was moved from one car to the next.

Hands down, the UX handled way better than the WCE given the same setup. The WCE was a little sloppy on the track, while the UX was easier to drive and under control at all times. It's probably possible to tune the WCE to match the UX's performance (which I will try to do), but there clearly was a difference between the two cars.

I'm going to update the UE/X spec some time next month (finally) after I take care of some other things. The only new items being added to the published spec are:

- Boca ceramic bearings
- RRR Evo Spur gears

Will: Thanks bro. You should add a link to the KB Web site to your signature. That way, when you post, the link is there for everyone to see.

For those of you that don't know, the UE/X project was moved to my Web site a couple of months ago. It has a forum, so any questions, additions or subtractions to the UE/X can be discussed there. If Will didn't keep on tagging this thread, it would disappear ...

All you need to do now is test every part individually and let us know how much of a difference each one makes so we know which items are the best. Then you can test them in groups, then with different setups, then with different tires, then with... It's a good thing you don't sleep . j/k

Did you get a chance to compare lap times? Do you think any of the difference was because you were using one of the cars for a while and the other was new to you?

Good to hear from you.
jag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2006, 03:43 PM   #580
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by OVA
Where can i pick up the 15 and 20 or 21 teeths pinion for V-one RRR ?
Your local hobby store should be able to order them for you. Kyosho America has them for sure. Otherwise, check out the links section at my Web site for RC Advisor Champ.
Old 08-21-2006, 04:15 PM   #581
Tech Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by rmdhawaii

- Boca ceramic bearings
- RRR Evo Spur gears

Whats happening Rainer. I see your having alot of fun.....next we need to try that Evo and see what happens.....I will most likely try one real soon...Ill keep you updated...by the way Rainer the Sti is very fast
Old 08-21-2006, 04:19 PM   #582
Tech Elite

Default evo

Quote:
Originally Posted by robert maestrey
Whats happening Rainer. I see your having alot of fun.....next we need to try that Evo and see what happens.....I will most likely try one real soon...Ill keep you updated...by the way Rainer the Sti is very fast
keep me informed also ROBERT

WILLIAM PENDERGRASS
Old 08-21-2006, 04:21 PM   #583
Tech Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by SOLOARTIST 702
keep me informed also ROBERT

You got...Will...hey you gonna make down for the open in Kissimmee.
Old 08-21-2006, 04:28 PM   #584
Tech Elite

Default race

im still up in the air i dont know if im ready for the trip ill let you know i want to believe that

WILLIAM PENDERGRASS
Old 08-21-2006, 04:38 PM   #585
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by jag
Did you get a chance to compare lap times? Do you think any of the difference was because you were using one of the cars for a while and the other was new to you?
It wasn't really necessary to compare lap times. The track layout this past weekend was really different, so you had to drive pretty cleanly through certain sections to avoid getting yourself into trouble. The WASP Rev has a lot of low end power and when you punch it going through the infield, any handling deficiencies are amplified. There was a high speed chicane in the middle of the course that was really fun to go through. The WCE wasn't as planted as the UX and was sliding around quite a bit. The problems spots were the same each time around the track. I had to slow it down to avoid jumping the Road Rails. When I drove the UX, those problem spots disappeared the first time I drove around the track and I could drive much faster than with the WCE thereafter. The car was extremely responsive without getting into trouble, even if my driving line was off and I had to make a correction.

I put in about 5 tanks of fuel through the WCE, which included two qualifers, before switching to the UX for a main - and I had not driven the UX for two weeks. I finished 2nd, leading most of the race.

I would also like to know exactly what is causing the difference in performance. If I had a 3rd car, UX #2...

Quote:
Originally Posted by jag
Good to hear from you.