R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 05-31-2006, 11:04 PM   #391
Tech Master
 
drfritz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2001
Location: Vancouver Wa usa
Posts: 1,769
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by kewdawg
Were you using the stock universals?
yeb.maybe I got a bad patch, thinking about getting new out drives, waiting to see if any body else has had bad results too before jumping back into the fire with them again.
drfritz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2006, 12:11 AM   #392
B4
Tech Addict
 
B4's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Australia
Posts: 642
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Osiris 75
Also, have you tried a Front Differential??
I tried the front differential last weekend and was very pleased with the result. I found with the atomic locked diff I was getting to much push.
B4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2006, 06:05 AM   #393
Tech Elite
 
rmdhawaii's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Posts: 3,804
Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default

This week has been very busy for me and I couldn't really spend as much time on it as I wanted to, but here is the published V1RRR UEX Version 0.1 Draft specification as promised.

http://www.nitrokb.com/vonerrr/V1RRR....1%20Draft.pdf

Any comments, suggestions, questions or corrections are greatly appreciated. I apologize in advance for any errors or ommissions. I know I need a table of contents and a one page parts listing in the back, but it's already 2:00 am and I have another busy day ahead of me today. I'll have more time to clean it up and work on it next week.

Thanks guys!
__________________
Nitro Knowledge Base: http://nitrokb.netne.net
My YouTube Channel: http://www.youtube.com/nitrokb -> Lots of on-road nitro & eletric action + some off-road as well
My Flickr Photostream: http://www.flickr.com/photos/nitrokb/
Kyosho V-ONE RRR WC (x2) \ XRAY T2'007 \ Also owned: XRAY NT1 & Mugen MTX-4
rmdhawaii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2006, 07:22 AM   #394
Tech Regular
 
V1-RRR-WC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: RC World
Posts: 252
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by rmdhawaii
This week has been very busy for me and I couldn't really spend as much time on it as I wanted to, but here is the published V1RRR UEX Version 0.1 Draft specification as promised.

http://www.nitrokb.com/vonerrr/V1RRR....1%20Draft.pdf

Any comments, suggestions, questions or corrections are greatly appreciated. I apologize in advance for any errors or ommissions. I know I need a table of contents and a one page parts listing in the back, but it's already 2:00 am and I have another busy day ahead of me today. I'll have more time to clean it up and work on it next week.

Thanks guys!

Hi,

I saw you mentioned in the knowledge base that:

May 5, 2006: What is the #1 must have upgrade for the V-ONE RRR? It's the Kyosho Special Main 3T/7075 Chassis for the V-ONE RRR (VZW214)

How does this chassis compare to the one from K-Factory?

I like the K-Factory design simply because it reduces the chance of your belt being popped due to small pebbles.

Looking forward to your comments.
V1-RRR-WC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2006, 07:23 AM   #395
Tech Fanatic
 
mcsquish's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: Live at work, play in Toledo, OH
Posts: 828
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

rmdhawaii, looks good. Extremly helpful for choosing what to try next.
__________________
You do not need a parachute to skydive. You only need a parachute to skydive twice.
Never argue with an idiot, they'll just drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.

Dirt Burners Racing - R.I.P. BB / Kolors by Kropy / CEFX / One Eighth Racers
mcsquish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2006, 08:10 AM   #396
Tech Master
 
ziggy12345's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: West Midlands, UK
Posts: 1,596
Default

Additions needed are:

Ceramic Bearings
Different screw sets (Hex and Titanium)
Rear hex outdrives with 2mm offset
Rear camber links with bearings (included as part of kit but need the bearings)
East rear shock mounts
Camber link plates

Plus many others.

I like the doc and will be very usefull when completed

Cheers
__________________
Dedicated RC Car Speed Site

http://www.fast-rc.co.uk/forum/index.php

Sponsored by:
Norfolk and Chance
ziggy12345 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2006, 09:22 AM   #397
Tech Master
 
fritzD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Cebu City, Philippines
Posts: 1,136
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Send a message via Yahoo to fritzD
Default

rmdhawaii,

nice! good job!
fritzD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2006, 12:25 PM   #398
Tech Elite
 
rmdhawaii's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Posts: 3,804
Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by V1-RRR-WC
Hi,

I saw you mentioned in the knowledge base that:

May 5, 2006: What is the #1 must have upgrade for the V-ONE RRR? It's the Kyosho Special Main 3T/7075 Chassis for the V-ONE RRR (VZW214)

How does this chassis compare to the one from K-Factory?

I like the K-Factory design simply because it reduces the chance of your belt being popped due to small pebbles.

Looking forward to your comments.
I think you're the first person that I've come across that has the K Factory chassis. It was hanging in my LHS and I was really tempted to buy it, but since no one else here was running it, I decided against it.

Everyone else seems to have chosen the VZW214. It's suppose to really improve the handling of the car. I'll be using it for the first time this weekend, but because I'm bolting on the entire Ultimate Edition package, it's going to be hard for me to discern exactly what affect that chassis has on handling.

Other than pebble protection, do you think the K Factory chassis has improved the handling of your car at all? At the Web site, it says that "...it's lightweight & low CG design help your car follow the exact racing line want." Is that true? Do you think your driving has improved with it?

It would be great if I had two duplicate stock WCEs just to do testing with, but that won't happen anytime soon. I've told motorman2 to go tell K Factory to provide some side-by-side comparison results, but I don't think that's going to happen anytime soon either.
__________________
Nitro Knowledge Base: http://nitrokb.netne.net
My YouTube Channel: http://www.youtube.com/nitrokb -> Lots of on-road nitro & eletric action + some off-road as well
My Flickr Photostream: http://www.flickr.com/photos/nitrokb/
Kyosho V-ONE RRR WC (x2) \ XRAY T2'007 \ Also owned: XRAY NT1 & Mugen MTX-4
rmdhawaii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2006, 12:28 PM   #399
Tech Elite
 
rmdhawaii's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Posts: 3,804
Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcsquish
rmdhawaii, looks good. Extremly helpful for choosing what to try next.
Thanks! Three parts that you submitted are in there, so my thanks to you as well. I'll be running the K Factory one-way this weekend.
__________________
Nitro Knowledge Base: http://nitrokb.netne.net
My YouTube Channel: http://www.youtube.com/nitrokb -> Lots of on-road nitro & eletric action + some off-road as well
My Flickr Photostream: http://www.flickr.com/photos/nitrokb/
Kyosho V-ONE RRR WC (x2) \ XRAY T2'007 \ Also owned: XRAY NT1 & Mugen MTX-4
rmdhawaii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2006, 12:31 PM   #400
Tech Elite
 
rmdhawaii's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Posts: 3,804
Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ziggy12345
Additions needed are:

Ceramic Bearings
Different screw sets (Hex and Titanium)
Rear hex outdrives with 2mm offset
Rear camber links with bearings (included as part of kit but need the bearings)
East rear shock mounts
Camber link plates

Plus many others.

I like the doc and will be very usefull when completed

Cheers
Rear camber links with bearings (included as part of kit but need the bearings)???

You got a picture of this?
__________________
Nitro Knowledge Base: http://nitrokb.netne.net
My YouTube Channel: http://www.youtube.com/nitrokb -> Lots of on-road nitro & eletric action + some off-road as well
My Flickr Photostream: http://www.flickr.com/photos/nitrokb/
Kyosho V-ONE RRR WC (x2) \ XRAY T2'007 \ Also owned: XRAY NT1 & Mugen MTX-4
rmdhawaii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2006, 12:32 PM   #401
Tech Elite
 
rmdhawaii's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Posts: 3,804
Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by fritzD
rmdhawaii,

nice! good job!
Thanks! That mini-cooper body isn't sitting on your V1RRR is it?
__________________
Nitro Knowledge Base: http://nitrokb.netne.net
My YouTube Channel: http://www.youtube.com/nitrokb -> Lots of on-road nitro & eletric action + some off-road as well
My Flickr Photostream: http://www.flickr.com/photos/nitrokb/
Kyosho V-ONE RRR WC (x2) \ XRAY T2'007 \ Also owned: XRAY NT1 & Mugen MTX-4
rmdhawaii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2006, 12:45 PM   #402
Tech Elite
 
litespeed-dom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: Beaverton, Oregon
Posts: 3,990
Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default

On the topic of chassis, something I keep forgetting to bring up....

If you use a "thicker" chassis then stock, if the chassis isn't milled out, you are changing the natural rollcenter of the car. The best way to have a thicker chassis is when the chassis is milled out where the bulkheads sit so the rollcenter doesn't change. Don't know if there is such thing out there with my limited research.

When I was looking at chassis option, the Skyline chassis was thicker, cheaper but the K-team SP chassis naturally is stiffer because of the lack of batts opening and yet still retain the car's natural rollcenter.

Dom
__________________
Team Kyosho America - Team Br00d Racing - Team R/C Plus - GQ Racing Tyres - Slapmaster Tools - FSX Racing
litespeed-dom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2006, 12:54 PM   #403
Tech Elite
 
rmdhawaii's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Posts: 3,804
Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by litespeed-dom
On the topic of chassis, something I keep forgetting to bring up....

If you use a "thicker" chassis then stock, if the chassis isn't milled out, you are changing the natural rollcenter of the car. The best way to have a thicker chassis is when the chassis is milled out where the bulkheads sit so the rollcenter doesn't change. Don't know if there is such thing out there with my limited research.

When I was looking at chassis option, the Skyline chassis was thicker, cheaper but the K-team SP chassis naturally is stiffer because of the lack of batts opening and yet still retain the car's natural rollcenter.

Dom
The word I got from the forum, is that any V-ONE RRR 4mm chassis is a definite "do not buy".

The MTX-4 optional 4mm chassis is milled and the MTX-4 guys seem to be happy with it.

V1-RRR-WC: How thick is the K Factory chassis?
__________________
Nitro Knowledge Base: http://nitrokb.netne.net
My YouTube Channel: http://www.youtube.com/nitrokb -> Lots of on-road nitro & eletric action + some off-road as well
My Flickr Photostream: http://www.flickr.com/photos/nitrokb/
Kyosho V-ONE RRR WC (x2) \ XRAY T2'007 \ Also owned: XRAY NT1 & Mugen MTX-4
rmdhawaii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2006, 01:04 PM   #404
Tech Regular
 
dougday's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Posts: 353
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by rmdhawaii
This week has been very busy for me and I couldn't really spend as much time on it as I wanted to, but here is the published V1RRR UEX Version 0.1 Draft specification as promised.

http://www.nitrokb.com/vonerrr/V1RRR....1%20Draft.pdf

Any comments, suggestions, questions or corrections are greatly appreciated. I apologize in advance for any errors or ommissions. I know I need a table of contents and a one page parts listing in the back, but it's already 2:00 am and I have another busy day ahead of me today. I'll have more time to clean it up and work on it next week.

Thanks guys!
RMDHAWAII,

If this was a thesis for your doctorate, I would have to give you an A for the work completed so far
dougday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2006, 01:36 PM   #405
Tech Fanatic
 
robert maestrey's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Miramar
Posts: 906
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by rmdhawaii
I think you're the first person that I've come across that has the K Factory chassis. It was hanging in my LHS and I was really tempted to buy it, but since no one else here was running it, I decided against it.

Everyone else seems to have chosen the VZW214. It's suppose to really improve the handling of the car. I'll be using it for the first time this weekend, but because I'm bolting on the entire Ultimate Edition package, it's going to be hard for me to discern exactly what affect that chassis has on handling.

Other than pebble protection, do you think the K Factory chassis has improved the handling of your car at all? At the Web site, it says that "...it's lightweight & low CG design help your car follow the exact racing line want." Is that true? Do you think your driving has improved with it?

It would be great if I had two duplicate stock WCEs just to do testing with, but that won't happen anytime soon. I've told motorman2 to go tell K Factory to provide some side-by-side comparison results, but I don't think that's going to happen anytime soon either.
Rainer I used the K-factory at the W-nats......Good chassis...but for high traction track I would go with the shimo....
robert maestrey is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
FS: ULTIMATE KYOSHO MINI-INFERNO - MUST SEE - MAKE OFFER! Chris Furman R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 11 07-28-2007 08:40 PM
Kyosho V-One RRR WC Team Edition Roller(laydown servos edition) - $245 Shipped! AZrcDude R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 40 07-04-2007 12:15 AM
Kyosho V-One RRR WC Team Edition Roller(laydown servos edition) - $300 Shipped AZrcDude R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 39 06-20-2007 04:55 PM
FS: ULTIMATE KYOSHO MINI INFERNO - HOP-UPS.. MUST SEE! Chris Furman R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 20 06-12-2007 08:25 PM
ULTIMATE KYOSHO EVOLVA PARTS LOT sikgraffx R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 1 10-09-2005 01:59 PM



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 04:22 AM.


Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net