R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road

Old 05-15-2006, 04:41 PM   #271
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by OVA
Hey Dom
what brand tune pipe do you have for your OS TZ and what fuel and percent are you useing?
Hey Franko, I actually ran 2 different pipes on Saturday, a Mega and a Novarossi, both with similar pipe, but different headers. I ran a longer header pipe (Mega) in the first 2 qualifiers, then ran the shorter header pipe (Novarossi) in the 3rd round where the TQ of the day came, then I ran the same pipe in the Main. Those are older pipes, you might have a hard time finding them available now, but Ron (Atomic) ran his TZ with a Skyline VR12 pipe and had great results, the new VR12+ should be great with it! This weekend at TZ, if time allows for break-in this week, I'll be running the new Sirio EVO3 STI motor with their EVO3 pipe, I might put the OS back in and run with the Sirio pipe just to see what it does.

I run O'Donnell 30% fuel.

Dom
Old 05-15-2006, 05:24 PM   #272
OVA
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 79 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by litespeed-dom
Hey Franko, I actually ran 2 different pipes on Saturday, a Mega and a Novarossi, both with similar pipe, but different headers. I ran a longer header pipe (Mega) in the first 2 qualifiers, then ran the shorter header pipe (Novarossi) in the 3rd round where the TQ of the day came, then I ran the same pipe in the Main. Those are older pipes, you might have a hard time finding them available now, but Ron (Atomic) ran his TZ with a Skyline VR12 pipe and had great results, the new VR12+ should be great with it! This weekend at TZ, if time allows for break-in this week, I'll be running the new Sirio EVO3 STI motor with their EVO3 pipe, I might put the OS back in and run with the Sirio pipe just to see what it does.

I run O'Donnell 30% fuel.

Dom
Thanks
btw I pick up the WCE today from Ulitmate Hobbies..great prices
Old 05-15-2006, 05:33 PM   #273
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by OVA
Thanks
btw I pick up the WCE today from Ulitmate Hobbies..great prices
Nice! Don't forget if anyone ask you, you chose the RRR because of me!

I'll write down my setup from last weekend and send it to you in the next few days.

Dom
Old 05-15-2006, 06:44 PM   #274
OVA
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 79 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by litespeed-dom
Nice! Don't forget if anyone ask you, you chose the RRR because of me!

I'll write down my setup from last weekend and send it to you in the next few days.

Dom
Well I didn't really know much about it.. after seeing your Kyosho V-one RRR .... I said YEP that it is ...I'm getting one....Thanks Dom

btw I pick up the pipe too
Old 05-17-2006, 03:02 PM   #275
Tech Elite

I bought the ceramic Boca Bearings today. EXPENSIVE!!

Could someone get a crash cart for my credit card please? I think it went into cardiac arrest.

I ordered the standard RRR set (#25-420C-YU - $199.95), which comes with an extra rear clutch bearing and ordered a spare front clutch bearing (SMR85C-YUU NB2 - $9.95). Tack on $13.95 for 2-day shipping to Hawaii and the total comes out to $235.00 *Khack* *Cough* *Cough* *Choke*

Jo Gutierrez - Dude! I just could not bring myself to shop at the $1 store. Hmmm.. Let's see... 26 bearings at a $1 a piece. Thats only $26!

markp27 - We'll see how long these last.

jeffreylin - Yeah, I know what you're thinking.

robert - Looks like it's just you, me and rcrossco_1 (Hey rcrossco_1, you still running ceramics on your RRR?). The three free-est rolling RRR's on the planet. It better be worth it! Just kidding bro! I know they are. Otherwise I would not have bought them.

Ultimate X spec? Definitely optional!
Kyosho V-ONE RRR WC (x2) \ XRAY T2'007 \ Also owned: XRAY NT1 & Mugen MTX-4
rmdhawaii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2006, 06:38 PM   #276
Tech Elite

Send a message via AIM to SOLOARTIST 702
Default wow

Quote:
Originally Posted by rmdhawaii

Could someone get a crash cart for my credit card please? I think it went into cardiac arrest.

I ordered the standard RRR set (#25-420C-YU - $199.95), which comes with an extra rear clutch bearing and ordered a spare front clutch bearing (SMR85C-YUU NB2 - $9.95). Tack on $13.95 for 2-day shipping to Hawaii and the total comes out to $235.00 *Khack* *Cough* *Cough* *Choke* SHAZAAAAMMMM you are the man you got bling bling
jo Gutierrez[/B] - Dude! I just could not bring myself to shop at the $1 store. Hmmm.. Let's see... 26 bearings at a $1 a piece. Thats only $26!

robert - Looks like it's just you, me and rcrossco_1 (Hey rcrossco_1, you still running ceramics on your RRR?). The three free-est rolling RRR's on the planet. It better be worth it! Just kidding bro! I know they are. Otherwise I would not have bought them.

SHAZZZAAAAMMMM
RC AMERICA / XRAY / HUDY/ MATRIX TIRES /KOPROPO / ORCAN GT3 /RED CUP RACING MEMBER / SPEEWORLD RACEWAY/ A+ performance parts /IVE SEEN THE XRAY TEAM DRIVE SO I GOT XRAY CARS / better to keep up than to catch up

WILLIAM PENDERGRASS
SOLOARTIST 702 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2006, 08:17 PM   #277
jag
Tech Master

Quote:

I ordered the standard RRR set (#25-420C-YU - $199.95), which comes with an extra rear clutch bearing and ordered a spare front clutch bearing (SMR85C-YUU NB2 - $9.95). Tack on $13.95 for 2-day shipping to Hawaii and the total comes out to $235.00 *Khack* *Cough* *Cough* *Choke*

Jo Gutierrez - Dude! I just could not bring myself to shop at the $1 store. Hmmm.. Let's see... 26 bearings at a $1 a piece. Thats only $26!

Did you just win the lottery... do they even have a lottery in Hawaii?

I won't even tell you what Robert has done with his...
jag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2006, 09:32 PM   #278
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by jag
Did you just win the lottery... do they even have a lottery in Hawaii?

I won't even tell you what Robert has done with his...
Nope. No lottery here.

I just absolutely, absolutely had to get these. Call it an obsession. There are some things in life that you can just take people's word for - and other things you just have to experience for yourself. I don't expect them to last forever, but at least I can say that I've tried them.

ROBERT!?? What's going on? What did you do with your bearings? Did you forget to tell me something?

If you dumped them, how many hours do you think you had on them? At least it will give me some idea of what to expect. Thanks!
Old 05-17-2006, 11:20 PM   #279
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Quote:
Nope. No lottery here.

I just absolutely, absolutely had to get these. Call it an obsession. There are some things in life that you can just take people's word for - and other things you just have to experience for yourself. I don't expect them to last forever, but at least I can say that I've tried them.

ROBERT!?? What's going on? What did you do with your bearings? Did you forget to tell me something?

If you dumped them, how many hours do you think you had on them? At least it will give me some idea of what to expect. Thanks!
i'll be reading with interest you updates on the progress and performance of
your new bearings
Old 05-17-2006, 11:46 PM   #280
Tech Addict

http://www.km-rc.com/oscommerce/cata...9d34c67409eab5
something I thought you guys would like
carkillaii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2006, 12:02 AM   #281
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by carkillaii
Cool! Very smart design. Much more adjustment and suspension travel friendly than the VZW2007-02 (the blue shiny piece of the VZW207 set).
Old 05-18-2006, 12:12 AM   #282
Tech Elite

Send a message via AIM to SOLOARTIST 702
Default OH BOY

I MIGHT HAVE TO DO IT
RC AMERICA / XRAY / HUDY/ MATRIX TIRES /KOPROPO / ORCAN GT3 /RED CUP RACING MEMBER / SPEEWORLD RACEWAY/ A+ performance parts /IVE SEEN THE XRAY TEAM DRIVE SO I GOT XRAY CARS / better to keep up than to catch up

WILLIAM PENDERGRASS
SOLOARTIST 702 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2006, 01:09 AM   #283
Tech Fanatic

Quote:
Nope. No lottery here.

Still have them in... and working fine......I htink Jim is talking about all the things that I have done to the car to get it very free..... I think
robert maestrey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2006, 01:21 AM   #284
Tech Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by carkillaii
That part looks well clever I think I will order one for my ultimate edition

Has anyone ordered from these guys before?
acutts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2006, 06:58 AM   #285
jag
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by robert maestrey

Still have them in... and working fine......I htink Jim is talking about all the things that I have done to the car to get it very free..... I think
Something like that.

Did you finally get your internet fixed?
jag is offline   Reply With Quote