R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road

Old 12-24-2002, 05:30 PM   #1
Tech Elite

Default Is R/C breaking up the Home?

Guys;

Just watched a short segment on the TV show "Dr. Phil" on NBC that showed the Wife complaining that the husband spends too much time on R/C Cars (was Nitro shown). Kinda reminds me of my life. Cept my wife is glad to be rid of me.
popsracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2002, 07:38 PM   #2
Tech Chat Moderator

I went into the living room and while passing buy, my dad was watching Dr. Phil, I was like WHAT!!!. I told him that's a women's show. Then all of a sudden i notice they talk about r/c cars are breaking up the home. Seems he likes his nrs4 too much. BTW when that segment finished i turned it off . My r/c hobby has caused its fair share of fights in my home. I been saving for a raptor 30 heli and when my mom found out she chewed me out. It didn't help that i work(earn) for my money. Ah well. R/C is a great hobby for young and old. So i dont believe in any way this hobby can break up the home.

Merry Christmas guys!
Old 12-24-2002, 11:20 PM   #3
Tech Adept

This has been brought up in my home numerous times. I tend to spend time in the garage making parts, tweeking cars and so forth. But, it will BRING the family together if you work it right. Look at Kelsey and myself. We are closer then ever before, and the wife is very impressed with Kelsey's attitude, and determination at the track. It also shows in her school work.
Just need to make sure all is involved, and all enjoy this as much as possible!!
Smitty
smitty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2002, 11:37 PM   #4
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Yo I can relate to dat, engine biz has caused plenty o grief round here.

By the way Smitt, I was damn proud watching your girl at the Nats. she did good, It was all hers till she ran outa gass! (ehem!!) she let you live that one down yet?? Wish I could get my girls interested. they just have none
Merry Christmas dude.
Old 12-25-2002, 12:43 AM   #5
Tech Master

Default no prob here

I guess I'm lucky, I race and my wife races so there is rarely any conflict on the subject of R/C. I look after marshalling and wrenching for us both and she looks after the children ( soon to be 3 of them) between heats. And before you ask.......NO NO NO, I would never be stupid enough to ever race against her!

gt

squizzytaylor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2002, 08:58 AM   #6
Tech Addict

I admit there is a ton of time spent on the cars during the summer, but it actually works out to my wife's advantage. My son & step son race also. So on race days, we're out of her hair. Also, she's figured out it's kinda hard for me to raise hell with her for buying a $300 coat when I just spent $300 on an engine for a toy car.
tekrsq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2002, 03:25 PM   #7
Tech Adept

Hey Motorman,
Do you really think she would let me off the hook? Not a chance, in fact she got a shirt from the guys, " my dad ran me out of fuel in Ohio, and all I got was this shirt"
Oh well, we are now running 1/8th cars, so I really need to be on mt game now, with a full fuel bottle!
Merry X-xmas to you as well
Smitty
Old 12-25-2002, 09:19 PM   #8
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Dude I gotta tell ya it was classic. She was givin you one of those looks like my wife gives me when I $#%^^ up. She's running 1/8th now! watch out boys you may be in trouble!
Old 12-25-2002, 10:22 PM   #9
Tech Adept

LOOKS?
Man, I got 2 burn marks on the backside of my head from her LOOKS! Oh well, we both learned a lot there, met some great people, most of all, we both had a blast.
Now, as for the 1/8th cars, we ran down to Crystal park for the toys for tots race, Kelsey placed 7th in the "A" main sportsman's class, and finished 2nd! Not to bad at all, for a 9 year old.
Anyhow, I am back to sedan, plus the big car for awhile. I really want to make the Sedan nats again, plus, this year it is close to home!!!
Hope to see you there,
Smitty
Old 12-26-2002, 08:23 AM   #10
Tech Master

I can relate to family problems.

I'm caught in a mega triangle war. The girlfriend gives my aggro 24/7/365 about my cars and then she mentions this that and the other to her mum and whatnot. I get grieve from her for not paying enough attention at home (I only bust my balls to keep them living). My dad heres a different story about how I had a car stripped down all over the kitchen everyweek????? (happened once when we moved house). So I get grieve from him for not be considerate . Then when he goes I get grieve from the girlfriend again for him shouting and keeping the baby awake.

I just cant win. But I will never give up RC for no woman. I the way I see it - Women are like buses. If one goes another will be along shortly.

Happy Christmas and a merry new year everyone.
modellor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2002, 08:28 AM   #11
Tech Master

Send a message via AIM to patelladragger

Quote:
Originally posted by modellor
But I will never give up RC for no woman. I the way I see it - Women are like buses. If one goes another will be along shortly.

modellor- I respect your advice on RC but remind me never to ask for any on women!!!!!
patelladragger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2002, 09:11 AM   #12
Regional Moderator

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Thankfully, there are no issues at home with RC for me. We had a simple understanding. I was into RC and racing before we got married, and I'll keep doing it now that we are married. Simple!

Besides, she has her Novel and Avon addictions. Her last big trip to Borders $150, her last Avon order $269!!! How the hell can you spend $269 on Avon you ask? You'd be surprised. Its not all perfume and deoderant anymore! They have all kinds of $%@% in those little books now. But she still claims "its all for the family". Yeah right! So shes in no position to dispute my RC addition.

Shes also tried racing before. My cars, or rather what was left of them, were thankful she decided watching was better than racing. Shes always there watching(or at least pretending to while she reads a novel), except when its 100 degrees in the shade outside. Even she isn't that supportive!

Anyway, the fact that my oldest son is almost ready to get racing, and the younger one wont be far behind, and your left with one tight RC family!

Lucky me!
Old 12-26-2002, 10:14 AM   #13
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (75%+)
Exclamation

If any man is watching Dr. Phil dosnt deserve to be r/c racing!!

becuz you are already whipped!!!
PUNISHER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2002, 10:45 AM   #14
Tech Elite

Default If any man is watching Dr. Phil doesn't deserve to be r/c racing!!

PUNISHER;

Just happened to be clicking by and the R/C car caught my eye immediately. Had to watch the segment then and was only a lousy 5 Minuites. Could have been a good Jerry Springer with the wife beating up the husband "My husband would rather sleep with his R/C" and the Husband terrorizing the neighborhood with his Cars and the Neighbors on the show fighting with the Husband "He jumped his R/C car through my front window".
popsracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2002, 11:30 AM   #15
Tech Elite

Send a message via Yahoo to TambokGT

Quote:
Originally posted by modellor
I the way I see it - Women are like buses. If one goes another will be along shortly.
hahahahaha......I'll get in trouble if my wife hears that.

Last edited by TambokGT; 12-26-2002 at 11:32 AM.
TambokGT is offline   Reply With Quote