Community
Wiki Posts
Search

RADIO GEAR PROBLEMS

Search this Thread

Old 05-07-2006, 12:17 PM
Tech Rookie

Default RADIO GEAR PROBLEMS

hi, i got my engine started on mc nitro car and the electrics worked fine while starting, when i gave it some throttle it sped off and wouldn't brake, it hit a kerb and stopped, i turned off the engine. the radio gear wont work now,

i have tried changing all the batteries

disconected the fail safe

reconnected the fail safe

The handset does not have any effect on the radio gear in the car, the engine still starts though, the handset shows full battery and the receiver is switched on. (it a ACOMMS)

i am a beginner and so help would be greatly appreciated,

Cheers
Old 05-07-2006, 12:53 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

have you set the failsafe right, it has to set to pull the break when lost signal, else failsafe is meaningless
Old 05-07-2006, 01:15 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Car Breaker
have you set the failsafe right, it has to set to pull the break when lost signal, else failsafe is meaningless
Disconnect the failsafe and try again.

Check the crystal isnt damaged by either changing it or trying it in a different receiver.

Check the ariel hasnt been pulled out of its housing.
Old 05-07-2006, 02:42 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Ok so did the TX aka transmitter aka remote in your hand. Work at any time? You said you hit throttle and thats all it did and now it wont work?

Make sure your battery isnt getting disconnected. If you have AA's in a plastic box , then that could be one problem. Get some eletrical tape and wrap the battery box so they wont come loose.

Next swap one thing or try one thing at a time.

DO NOT RUN YOUR CAR AGAIN ON THE GROUND. Leave it off the ground and do not turn it on until you can see that its responding to your input.

Then start the car and try playing with it again "OFF GROUND" , if you loose control again. Goto the car and return the carb to closed position and then shut it off.

If all is well then run it , if not.

Youll need to call your radio kits company to see if they can offer some help , also try taking it to your local hobby shop. There can sometimes be so many things its overwhelming for someone new.

Good luck.