Like Tree6Likes
  • 2 Post By Roelof
  • 3 Post By lil-bump
  • 1 Post By mrreet2001

No nitro touring car guides

Old 08-29-2022, 04:27 AM
Tech Rookie

Default No nitro touring car guides

So this was mentioned to me by a friend who was looking to switch from his XRAY T4 to an NT1 to join me in racing. He said that heís come across plenty of books and guides that cover all aspects of electric touring cars but none for Nitro touring cars. I had a look myself and havenít seen any, does anyone know any or know why our beloved Nitro tourers arenít written about?
Old 08-29-2022, 05:15 AM
Tech Lord

The basics for the T4 are the same as for the NT1
performula and IdealMicrobe like this.
Old 08-30-2022, 05:26 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 89 (100%+)

The chassis setup is the same with either more or less options; but the theory is still the same. I would look on Youtube for the clutch setup. DJ Apolaro and Michael Salvin have nice clutch setup videos.
Old 09-02-2022, 11:46 AM
Tech Champion

I've also noticed this problem with 1/8 Track cars as well. Minimal setup guides and advice. I've only found the Xray RX-8 "cheat sheet" and the old Serpent 950R setup booklet, both are not the easiest read imo.

Any links appreciated.
Old 09-07-2022, 11:23 AM
Tech Rookie

I totally agree.
I started 1/8 nitro on road 2 years ago and find the amount of information on the web, forums and YouTube incredibly low. Partly this caused by the fact that most racers/people are ignorant and suckered into Facebook at the cost of forums like these. I have seen this happening to many forums/hobby’s.
No one cares, Facebook is handy!
Old 09-09-2022, 07:32 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally Posted by auxmash View Post
I totally agree.
I started 1/8 nitro on road 2 years ago and find the amount of information on the web, forums and YouTube incredibly low. Partly this caused by the fact that most racers/people are ignorant and suckered into Facebook at the cost of forums like these. I have seen this happening to many forums/hobby’s.
No one cares, Facebook is handy!

I sincerely doubt the proliferation of facebook has anything to do with the general popularity of 1/8 on road / nitro and the general availably of setup information.
nitrodude likes this.
Old 09-09-2022, 08:06 AM
Tech Lord

Well.... it is a trend that more and more people move from forums to Facebook groups. For a part that has to do with brand related stuff. Serpent and Xray as a good example knows for every car a Facebook group. But facebook groups are only for people who do not wnt to search but only want to ask questions. Most people do not know there is a decent search within the group where you are located.

But indeed, that has nothing to do wit the populairity than only again, people do not want to be informed about a search or recent topics.
Old 09-09-2022, 08:36 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Roelof View Post
Well.... it is a trend that more and more people move from forums to Facebook groups. For a part that has to do with brand related stuff. Serpent and Xray as a good example knows for every car a Facebook group. But facebook groups are only for people who do not wnt to search but only want to ask questions. Most people do not know there is a decent search within the group where you are located.

But indeed, that has nothing to do wit the populairity than only again, people do not want to be informed about a search or recent topics.
I am a member of every official xray on road model group. I can assure you the 8th scale & nitro onroad groups are pretty much just as dead there as they are here.

Last edited by mrreet2001; 09-09-2022 at 08:56 AM.
Old 09-22-2022, 05:16 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Last edited by performula; 09-24-2022 at 12:05 PM.
Old 09-22-2022, 05:57 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Last edited by performula; 09-24-2022 at 12:05 PM.
Old 09-23-2022, 02:31 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)

Hmmm, maybe a you tube series for nitro "race" cars is in order. Sedan setup guides are a good start but nitro/foam tire car setup can be a bit more complicated and contradictory due to the unique application of foam tires, stagger, overdrive and combinations of solid axle and one way drive ratio characteristics. Maybe I should try my hand at creating some content? Everything from kit building to Engine break in and track prep/setup.