R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road

Old 04-13-2006, 08:56 PM   #1
Tech Rookie

Default not really sure what to do

hey guys whats up?

well first off I am 17 right now, will be turning 18 soon. I am in the process of enlisting right now, and probably will ship off sometime in the summer (uncertain as of when, right now.)

so i have this old ass ntc3 which is becoming a pain in the ass to run, because im always having to buy new screws because they keep disappearing!, crashes, replacing parts, etc...

i just bought a brand new mx-3s radio and servos for 190-ish @ socal raceway today. should i invest another 200-300 and buy a kit car for the remaining 3-4 months i have? (not sure on what the military will say if i bring this shit lol) or should i stick with my tc3. i already have an engine which is some kind of novarossi.

my income is around $600 a month right now. based on all this information, what would be your advice?
fendertape is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2006, 09:03 PM   #2
Tech Adept

I've read that others have taken their nitro cars to the Middle East, but that getting fuel is difficult. Why don't you ask your recruiter about taking the RC stuff with you? I believe you need to know that to make a decision on what to do as far as upgrading goes.

Congrats, good luck and thanks for looking after our country!
BimmerDriver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2006, 09:10 PM   #3
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

I am a drill instructor in the only Navy Boot camp in Great Lakes Illinois. All items that are brought here besides things like soap, toothbrush, and other hygene items are sent back home at the persons own cost. DO NOT TAKE IT WITH YOU TO BOOT CAMP. Store whatever you have and when you get back it will hopefully be there. I took my RC10GT with me on deployment and had quite a bit of fun in some foreign ports. The only place I could buy fuel was in Singapore and Hong Kong. I had to smuggle it back on the boat in Gatorade bottles. What branch are you going into? The Military is not that bad. It is a good honest living.
Old 04-13-2006, 11:24 PM   #4
Tech Rookie

BimmerDriver, thanks for the reply. there is a good chance i will not bring my rc stuff with me.

GrandeGixxer, thanks for replying.

Sweet man, your just the guy i need to talk to! Its not certain which branch i'm going to. its complicated, right now i'm DEPping with the Navy, but there is a good chance i might not be accepted b/c of school related issues. If not the Navy, then Army or AF. I'll let you all know when it is certain. HAH that gatorade story is uhh nice... my recruiter told me stories about foreign ports. some of them were pretty crazy...
Old 04-14-2006, 09:55 PM   #5
Tech Rookie

so if i were to get a new car, which one shjould i get?
Old 04-15-2006, 10:39 PM   #6
Tech Regular

I suggest you go to ultimate hobby in tustin and grab an 1/10 on road RD logic Mongoose for $179 and a skyline pipe for $50. You can race it out of the box. Buying many parts for your NTC3 may not be as cost efficient than buying a complete car.
Old 04-16-2006, 12:34 AM   #7
Tech Rookie

i don't want a race ready car. what i really want to do is build my own. i've already got an mx-3s and a novarossi engine. i've never heard of a rd logic mongoose either . is it a good car?
Old 04-16-2006, 10:04 AM   #8
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to Riketsu

Quote:
Originally Posted by fendertape
i don't want a race ready car. what i really want to do is build my own. i've already got an mx-3s and a novarossi engine. i've never heard of a rd logic mongoose either . is it a good car?

When he says you can race it out of the box, means that you do not have to buy option parts for it. I believe that you still gotta put it together yourself. The RD Logics Mongoose is probably the cheapest car in the market that can somewhat still hang around with the big boys. If you really have the $$$, you can go ahead and buy a MTX-4, theres no better car out there and there wont be one for a very long time...