R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road

Old 05-31-2006, 11:10 AM   #91
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by JetMD
Can anybody please, please, send me a set-up sheet for this track for an MTX-3? I have never raced at a track like this, only my local club parking lot and I know it will totally different. I've checked Mugen's website but i've "heard" that Swauger's set-ups for Toledo on there aren't exactly reliable. I sent my entry in yesterday. Thanks for any help.
Paul
Just roll with the setup that you currently have and tweak it from there during practice times. I have a modified Swauger setup (for my driving style) on my MTX-3 that works at most tracks and just make a tweak or two here and there to get the car to work on that track. Just make sure you have some blank setup sheets to log down the setup that works for you at Toledo. Definitely make sure you log the traction of the surface and at what temps; that is very important.
The needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few, or the one.
There are 2 things in life that are infinite: the universe and stupidity.
JLock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2006, 11:57 AM   #92
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by JLock
Just roll with the setup that you currently have and tweak it from there during practice times. I have a modified Swauger setup (for my driving style) on my MTX-3 that works at most tracks and just make a tweak or two here and there to get the car to work on that track. Just make sure you have some blank setup sheets to log down the setup that works for you at Toledo. Definitely make sure you log the traction of the surface and at what temps; that is very important.
Well, problem is that I need to know what tires and gears I will need. I don't have a huge selection of gears and my tires are mostly 42/40 so if I need something different, i'd like to buy them now. Thanks though.

MINO Racing
JetMD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2006, 12:39 PM   #93
Tech Adept

With my RRR last year, I was running 40s up front and 42s in the rear. Its not the MTX-3 but its a good start. I imagine the MTX-3 will be similar.

Dave

Last edited by DaRollaRacer; 05-31-2006 at 04:55 PM.
DaRollaRacer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2006, 12:47 PM   #94
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Quote:
Well, problem is that I need to know what tires and gears I will need. I don't have a huge selection of gears and my tires are mostly 42/40 so if I need something different, i'd like to buy them now. Thanks though.
JetMD,
Get your car dialed @301 when traction is up and you will be rite on target for the GLC. You will only have to gear down a bit.
Jamie Corrado is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2006, 01:46 PM   #95
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Quote:
You are going in just like I do at most races in my region, except I have all the gears for my MTX-3. From the many places I have raced, 40 to 42 shore tires will pretty much be all you need due to the higher to high bite most track tend to be now. Just make sure you have enough of each shore for the front and rear in case you chunk or break one and for slight surface traction changes. Don't worry too much about your setup; just make the tweaks along the way to your current setup to bring your car in-tune with conditions and you will do fine.
The needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few, or the one.
There are 2 things in life that are infinite: the universe and stupidity.
JLock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2006, 02:36 PM   #96
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamie Corrado
JetMD,
Get your car dialed @301 when traction is up and you will be rite on target for the GLC. You will only have to gear down a bit.
Thanks guys. Sounds like i'm set on tires. Now, by gear down, are you talking about the ratio number or the actual gear number? Judging by the track size, i'm guessing you mean i'll need a lower ratio number for higher top speed, right? Thanks again.

MINO Racing
JetMD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2006, 07:09 PM   #97
Tech Fanatic

Quote:
Can anybody please, please, send me a set-up sheet for this track for an MTX-3? I have never raced at a track like this, only my local club parking lot and I know it will totally different. I've checked Mugen's website but i've "heard" that Swauger's set-ups for Toledo on there aren't exactly reliable. I sent my entry in yesterday. Thanks for any help.
Paul
Your best bet is to go by your own base set-up and make any adjustments you may need during practice. You may also walk around the pits as Mike and other team drivers post their set-ups for all to see.

Good luck!
Old 05-31-2006, 09:18 PM   #98
Tech Regular

Thumbs up

Do you guys know if you have to run ins boxes at the Great Lakes Challenge need to know so i can get one for my eighth scale car THANKS
mugendude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2006, 10:56 PM   #99
Tech Adept

Talking INS at the GLC

INS boxes are not a mandatory item here yet at our track. Perhaps in the future to keep the noise level down, but if you want to run one to do your part to keep my ears from hurting, hey thanks.

I'm running one this year and it does make a difference on the ears. Yeh yeh I know, you like all that noise....
Old 06-01-2006, 08:02 AM   #100
Tech Regular

I think the big mistake our hobby makes is allowing a small group of people to define the sound our cars make as noise. Twelve screaming monkeys charging down the straight at 40k is music to many peoples ears, like a twelve piece symphony!! Noise to me are those obnoxious college football fans banging symbals and yelling on Saturday afternoons while I pull weeds in my yard. They are the ones who need a INS box taped to their mouth when entering the gate.

Last edited by P2gee; 06-01-2006 at 09:30 AM.
P2gee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2006, 04:15 PM   #101
Tech Regular

Wink

man i totally agree with you ins boxes are for babys who dont know what real music is i think music is 10 ninja and max power motors screaming at 40,000 rpm
mugendude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2006, 03:36 PM   #102
Tech Elite

Just mailed off my entry and made my flight, Man I can not wait. I have never raced at this track and have heard great things.
dj apolaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2006, 07:06 PM   #103
jag
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by dj apolaro
Just mailed off my entry and made my flight, Man I can not wait. I have never raced at this track and have heard great things.
Don't hurt 'em up there DJ.
jag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2006, 08:32 PM   #104
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to Kropy

Quote:
Originally Posted by fossil
INS boxes are not a mandatory item here yet at our track. Perhaps in the future to keep the noise level down, but if you want to run one to do your part to keep my ears from hurting, hey thanks.

I'm running one this year and it does make a difference on the ears. Yeh yeh I know, you like all that noise....
I wonder if I can get one of those INS boxes on fossil.
Kropy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2006, 02:15 PM   #105
Tech Adept

Default noise level

Kropy does it again. Thanks for the compliment Dale.

Hey I saw the DRSE at Toledo yesterday. Same old thing.