Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road
2006 Great Lakes Challenge - Ohio >

2006 Great Lakes Challenge - Ohio

2006 Great Lakes Challenge - Ohio

Old 08-08-2006, 07:30 AM
Tech Master

What a great Event! The Toledo One Eighth Racers know how to put on a show. Simply put - the best race of the year. To all involved: Bravo! To the Drivers/participants - thanks for a fine show of sportsmanship. Clean, fast and fun the way racing should be.

Hello, New York! Nice meeting all of you - I hope you had as much fun as us - it looked like you did.

I look forward to next year....
Old 08-08-2006, 07:52 AM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Wow!!!! What an awsome event. To the One Eighth Racers of Toledo, Thank you for hosting an outstanding show. Your dedication, professionalism, and hard work are a model to be followed by any club trying to host a large scale event.

To all the Manufacturers who assisted in sponsoring this event, Thank You for your support. We can't do it without you folks.

Most importantly a Big Thank You to the racers who attended this event. From getting on & off the stand, in & out of the pits, reporting to marshalling, you were true professionals. The One Eighth racers could not have pulled this off without the excellent cooperation everyone demonstrated. You guys are the real reason this event was so successful.

Last but not least, Congrats to all the trophy winners! You guys drove your butts off and demonstrated some awsome driving skills. Thanks for the show.
See you all next year!!!
Old 08-08-2006, 07:56 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Jaime- You are the man! Awsome run!
Old 08-08-2006, 08:45 AM
Tech Regular

congrats! Jaime way to go nice to see you again you show wat puertoricans are made off

Last edited by colonrc; 08-08-2006 at 11:49 AM.
Old 08-08-2006, 09:11 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

This was my first RC event for me to attend out of the state of Florida. I personally had a blast. From the day we got there to the night we left. The guys of the Toledo Club was very friendly and was very helpfull to the Florida gang. (30-plus of us) Nice of them to put all of us under 1 tent. Now I can say I have raced in the 2 premier events in the US. The Florida Winternats and The Great Lakes Challange. Also like the way we started the qualifiers. Rolling starts excellent idea! The 1/8th A-Main was one of the best races I have seen. I will be back next year!

Congrats to all the winners.

Just a couple of small suggestions:

Please invest in some turn marshall chairs, improve PA speakers and how about bringing some porta-johns closer to track.

Hope to see you all in Feburary at the 2007 Winternats.

David Larry
Old 08-08-2006, 09:38 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Brian Berry
I would like to thank all of the Toledo One Eighth Racers club for all the hard work. This race is one biggest gas race that rc racers will be markig as a race to attend every year. The track is one of the USA's best, and its also nice to be within 30-40 minutes from home....LOL

I also want to thank all the Team Magic/Phenix Distributing drivers. Dennis, my dad, Ray J, Bobby Flack, Mark Unrath, Demetrius Blount, Bobby Watson and Mark Rodney for the great showing of the G4S by Team Magic. Bobby Flack drove an outstanding qualifying run to take TQ but was unfortuante to not even get to start the final. Bobby the time will come again real soon I'm sure.

Finally congrats to the winners: Jamie in 200mm, Joel in 1/8th, and Andy Power in Outlaw. Andy, you planning on staying in gas racing for a while now??? LOL Good to see you again and have fun at your wedding this weekend in Arizona.
Thanks Brian!
I had so much fun I don't know how I can stay away!!!
What surprises me most about my short 3 weekends back in gas racing after 8 or 9 years, is how nice and helpful all the racers are to each other. Wow, was that a refreshing thing to see in this hobby. If I had a dime for every time I heard "Hey Josh......" I would not have had to sponge off him all weekend. Hopefully most of the racers recognized how much time Josh sacrificed at this race to help everyone else. I think he might have only made it out on the track once (if that) on Thursday to practice.
He didn't even have time to make changes to his car until after qualifying was over. I know he put more time in on my car then his own.
Thanks Stosh!
Thanks to everyone else who made it a fun weekend! My last weekend as a single guy........ I hope the ring fits my radio grip. LOL
Old 08-08-2006, 11:04 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)
Default 2006 GLC...

Thanks for the kind words everyone, it means alot.

I would like to formally thank Richie Siriano of Brooklyn Hobbies for all the support for this event. The ATS Tires we supply ran great all week long. Byron Racing fuels for the gogo juice, and Mugen Seiki for producing the MTX-4.
A special thanks go to my whole Team for the support, especially pit crew, Richie, and Vidal. Thank you all for the fast pits.

I met alot of great people and cannot wait till the next one.

If there is anyone I am forgetting, I appologize, its been a long week.

Last edited by Jamie Corrado; 08-08-2006 at 01:15 PM.
Old 08-08-2006, 11:27 AM
Tech Adept

Thank you Toledo Club!!

Ted, Roger, and everyone involved in running the GLC.....you guys did a GREAT job with the race and I appreciate having such a great event to go to. All of us at Empire Racing had an awesome week of fun and I already have the first week of August marked on the calender for next year!

It was great to see all my racing friends, and thank you to everyone for the kind words throughout the week......and hey New York crew.....they don't call it the "Empire" state for nothing!! LOL.....seriously, thank you guys for a good time. Ritchie, don't forget to send me my cut of your winnings!

Congrats to all the winners.....Joel, Jamie, Mark, and Andy....A job well done!

Scott

Kyosho/RB Products/JR Racing/Empire Racing/Spektrum/White Lightning
Old 08-08-2006, 02:25 PM
Tech Addict

Thumbs up Awsome Event!

I will most certainly be back next year. Being one of the two Women racers and representing Florida, I had a wonderful time, all the guys were friendly and very helpful. I agree with you David L., it was nice to under one tent with fellow Florida racers. I had a chance to meet Ted Hammer and Raye Field, thanks for all your help. The raffle prizes provided by the Sponsers were amazing! The track was awesome!

Denise Burton
Old 08-08-2006, 04:31 PM
Tech Fanatic

Rich, Scott, Josh and Jim,

Meeting you guys made the trip worth while. As you know, I had a tough time with EVERYTHING! But you guys made my year with the help you provided. I just wish I had come to you sooner in the week...

You guys are awesome, looking forward to racing with you guys again soon.

Gotta get back to rebuilding my car after I finish my pb&j sandwich.

PS:
As always the Toledo club did a great job running the event. It couldn't have gone smoother. Ted Hammer can not only keep an event running smoothly, he can wheel his r/c car even better!

later
Old 08-08-2006, 04:43 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

does anybody have pictures of the new parma r 10 body? i understand that it was ran by many at this race. oh and more pic?
Old 08-08-2006, 06:05 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by Jamie Corrado
Thanks for the kind words everyone, it means alot.

I would like to formally thank Richie Siriano of Brooklyn Hobbies for all the support for this event. The ATS Tires we supply ran great all week long. Byron Racing fuels for the gogo juice, and Mugen Seiki for producing the MTX-4.
A special thanks go to my whole Team for the support, especially pit crew, Richie, and Vidal. Thank you all for the fast pits.

I met alot of great people and cannot wait till the next one.

If there is anyone I am forgetting, I appologize, its been a long week.
hello jamie,

congrats for the victory..............
which engine did you run during the event??
Old 08-08-2006, 06:43 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)

Congrats Jaime. Nice to meet you and thanks again for the loaner part.
Old 08-08-2006, 06:44 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

This is Aaron's Parma. This photo was not meant to show off the new body, but it is the only one I have. It's basically a Dome body that is taller in the rear, a deeper rear spoiler. Just after the front body posts, it takes a vertical plunge that several drivers were cutting out openings to let the air up through it. Also some were cutting vertical slots behind the front wheel wells. Aaron said it was faster then the Dome to him. The bodies I saw were pulled out of .030, stiffeners were a must.
Attached Thumbnails 2006 Great Lakes Challenge - Ohio-p1010033.jpg  
Old 08-08-2006, 07:05 PM
Tech Regular

Wink

We would like to thank everyone who was able to make it to this years GLC. Hopefully, every had a good time and was able to visit with some old friends and maybe make some new ones. The racing was great on Sunday, it is nice to see that many competitive mains.

If you could please thank the sponsors of the event the next time you talk with them. Without them we would have a hard time making the improvements to the track every year.

Kyosho, Byron Fuel, Futaba, Delta, Serpent, Starting Grid, O'Donnell, Mugen Seiki, Dynamite, JR Racing, Parma, Fusion Motorsports, ECFX, Associated, OS engines, Rocket Science, RC America/Hudy, Empire Racing, CRC, Phenix/Team Magic, Tornado Fuel, Brooklyn Hobbies, JACO, RB Products, Nova-Rossi, CX Power, Protoform, TQ Fuel, Axe Rossi and Kolors by Kropy.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.