R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road

Old 07-28-2006, 11:29 AM   #256
Tech Regular

Elliot

Since I just realized there was a race this weekend I can't make it. I suggest you and whoever else would like to race show up at 7:00am on Sunday to help set up the track. I'm sure as long as there is enough help in setting up the track they will run.

Mark
Mark Unger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2006, 09:48 PM   #257
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to munrath

Ted - Are you guys going to have radio clips for RC05, RC07, RC09, and RC11?

Thanks,
Mark

Races for 2015:
PNB, AMS, E-Nats Warm-up, E-Nats, LCRC North East Challenge, RAC, LCRC Halloween, Badlands, ROAR Region 2 Series, and Local Club Racing
munrath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2006, 12:05 PM   #258
Tech Regular

Sorry,

But we do not have tubes for the rc 03, 05, 07's, 11's. Not sure why, but we did not make them. Might have been a ROAR thing.

Ted
XPHamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2006, 11:05 PM   #259
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Yes Ted, it was a ROAR thing. I asked about them last year.

Dirt Burners Racing - R.I.P. BB / Kolors by Kropy / CEFX / One Eighth Racers
mcsquish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2006, 01:45 PM   #260
Tech Adept

Will this race be covered by live rc???
Luke W is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2006, 05:44 PM   #261
Tech Addict

I leave for the Great Lakes Challenge tomorrow (Monday). Depending on
what kind of internet access I get, I hope to have daily reports posted
on SGrid Online, http://www.sgrid.com starting with the beginning of
the race. The plan is to provide full updates each day, and possibly
photos. The race report and photos will be published in an upcoming
issue of RC Car Magazine.

(If your subscription expired, send the renewal amount via paypal to '[email protected]' and send me an email with your login-id, asking me to renew your account. The automatic renewal process needs some computer work to get it functioning properly.)
mikemyers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2006, 06:06 PM   #262
Tech Regular

Is there serpent720 parts availble at the track?
I need gas too' 30%
Thanks'
Old 07-31-2006, 04:53 AM   #263
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)
Send a message via Yahoo to rcfoolz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Motorman
Sunday I will post detailed directions as to how to get to the track from detroit airport. since 260 has been closed you have to weed through town to get to the track if flying into Detroit. This will reduce your frusturation if you are from out of town.
Is the bridge around exit 11 on I-280 still closed? Any directions to get around it?

Last edited by rcfoolz; 07-31-2006 at 05:09 AM.
rcfoolz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2006, 06:14 AM   #264
Tech Addict

Default Yes. . . .Help with Directions

Motorman was going to post alternate directions from Detriot Airport due to some road closure. PLEASE post as soon as possible. We need them

Thanks
Deebs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2006, 06:54 AM   #265
Tech Regular

Default Construction on I280

I drive this route on a regular basis, and the detour really isn't bad. Coming from Detroit Metro airport you will take I94 west and look for I275 south. Take I275 south and it will merge into I75 south. Take I75 south all the way to Toledo. Once you reach the Ohio border you will start seeing signs for I75 south and I280 south. The sign for I280 south will say CLOSED. Don't worry! Take the I280 south exit anyway!! Follow the detour, and it splits into signs for I280 north and I280 south. (Veer toward the right for the I280 south) Follow this and I belive at the second traffic light make a left. Here again it's clearly marked I280 south. At I believe the third traffic light it will say I280 south(stay in left lane for it's another left) Go a about a mile and you will se the onramp to get back on I280 south. Once back on I280 south you will see signs for Woodville road. I believe it's exit 6. Stay in the left lane of the exit, and go to the woodville road exit. Once you reach the light at the end of the exit make a left onto Woodville Road. Take Woodville Road apporocimately two miles intil you see a big sign for the Woodville Mall. You can't miss it on the left. Enter the mall and drive behind Andersons and you will see the track. Hope this helps.
RayJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2006, 06:59 AM   #266
Tech Apprentice

Are there any problems getting from the Toledo airport?
Old 07-31-2006, 07:39 AM   #267
Tech Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by RayJ
I drive this route on a regular basis, and the detour really isn't bad. Coming from Detroit Metro airport you will take I94 west and look for I275 south. Take I275 south and it will merge into I75 south. Take I75 south all the way to Toledo. Once you reach the Ohio border you will start seeing signs for I75 south and I280 south. The sign for I280 south will say CLOSED. Don't worry! Take the I280 south exit anyway!! Follow the detour, and it splits into signs for I280 north and I280 south. (Veer toward the right for the I280 south) Follow this and I belive at the second traffic light make a left. Here again it's clearly marked I280 south. At I believe the third traffic light it will say I280 south(stay in left lane for it's another left) Go a about a mile and you will se the onramp to get back on I280 south. Once back on I280 south you will see signs for Woodville road. I believe it's exit 6. Stay in the left lane of the exit, and go to the woodville road exit. Once you reach the light at the end of the exit make a left onto Woodville Road. Take Woodville Road apporocimately two miles intil you see a big sign for the Woodville Mall. You can't miss it on the left. Enter the mall and drive behind Andersons and you will see the track. Hope this helps.
RayJ, I use the same route going there, but what route do you take heading back up to Detroit? Since its not the same route to return.
Brian Berry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2006, 07:58 AM   #268
Tech Elite

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

I'm going to get lost.................
POWER MASTER Fuel, 2mm Designs
Protoform Bodies, Avid Bearings, AMR Engines
YBSLOW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2006, 09:02 AM   #269
Tech Adept

Default detours

Hey brian: Mark Rodney here. If you go the same way you came you can get back on to 280 and I75. Going back you used to get of and go north on summit, but they closed that exit so you go south on summit and go to lagrange and make a right to the next busy intersection, I cant remember the street name, but its the same as the one you exited when going to the track, and once you get to the highway you will see that the detroit onramp is open.
mrodney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2006, 09:43 AM   #270
Tech Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrodney
Hey brian: Mark Rodney here. If you go the same way you came you can get back on to 280 and I75. Going back you used to get of and go north on summit, but they closed that exit so you go south on summit and go to lagrange and make a right to the next busy intersection, I cant remember the street name, but its the same as the one you exited when going to the track, and once you get to the highway you will see that the detroit onramp is open.
Mark,

So I-280 north is open up to Summit St? I thought it was closed. And only Summit St south is open, not north? Sounds easy to go back just like it is to get there fro Detroit. I'll have to make up some maps with highlighted roads for thsoe coming and going from Detroit. I'll try it at home tonight.

Brad,

Its not really that bad.....its only Toledo, is not like LA....LOL
Brian Berry is offline   Reply With Quote