R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road

Old 07-20-2006, 10:55 PM   #211
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

rocca30, last year I ran 40's. A couple weekends ago I ran 40F & 42R and a "friend" of mine ran 42F & 40R. So I guess, good luck.........

Ted, Should I bring the rain gear? Both Culbert AND Bridges might be at the track at the same time

Dirt Burners Racing - R.I.P. BB / Kolors by Kropy / CEFX / One Eighth Racers
mcsquish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2006, 08:09 AM   #212
Tech Regular

Wink

I do not like to use the "R" word, but having Steve and Bill both there will really push our luck. It is your job to make sure they do not start to do any kind of special dancing.
XPHamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2006, 09:30 AM   #213
Tech Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcsquish
rocca30, last year I ran 40's. A couple weekends ago I ran 40F & 42R and a "friend" of mine ran 42F & 40R. So I guess, good luck.........

Ted, Should I bring the rain gear? Both Culbert AND Bridges might be at the track at the same time
thank you
Old 07-21-2006, 05:19 PM   #214
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to Kropy

Quote:
Originally Posted by XPHamer
I do not like to use the "R" word, but having Steve and Bill both there will really push our luck. It is your job to make sure they do not start to do any kind of special dancing.
I'll also be out there.
Kropy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2006, 07:59 PM   #215
Tech Fanatic

We are sooo f-ed. I'm bringing a boat.
But even if it does rain, it still is a fun time!

Dirt Burners Racing - R.I.P. BB / Kolors by Kropy / CEFX / One Eighth Racers
mcsquish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2006, 08:30 PM   #216
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 85 (99%+)

C'mon guys! you know I only bring sunshine .... well, now that I think of it any time Scott, Bill , Dale and I are at the same race it does r__n ! ..... but I can't see things getting any worse...hell, I blew my brand new engine my first race back ... it can't get much worsre than that! I hope Josh has time to help me figure out this CRF

Anyways , I can't wait for the race ....should be a real good time!
SCUBA STEVE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2006, 06:27 AM   #217
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kropy
I'll also be out there.
What's good Dale, will you have some bodies for me...please e-mail at [email protected]

Thanks
Old 07-24-2006, 08:26 AM   #218
Tech Apprentice

So If these gents are coming, I guess I should bring my nitro boat as well..... just in case this turns into the Great Lake Challenge????
Old 07-24-2006, 09:24 AM   #219
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 85 (99%+)

Scott, By the way the pic next to your name brings back bad memories of when I ran over my room mates cat .....that was not a good day
SCUBA STEVE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2006, 06:38 AM   #220
Tech Regular

Exclamation

cand somebody give me the adress of the track i cant seem to find it on the website thank you
Old 07-25-2006, 06:51 AM   #221
Tech Addict

Default Track Address

The Address I was given is:

Woodville Mall
3725 Williston Road
Northwood, OH 43619
Deebs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2006, 08:23 AM   #222
Tech Elite

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)
Default Ira

Yo Ira,

You have PM.

L8R!
Brad
POWER MASTER Fuel, 2mm Designs
Protoform Bodies, Avid Bearings, AMR Engines
YBSLOW is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2006, 07:04 PM   #223
Tech Master

Sunday I will post detailed directions as to how to get to the track from detroit airport. since 260 has been closed you have to weed through town to get to the track if flying into Detroit. This will reduce your frusturation if you are from out of town.
Old 07-25-2006, 07:10 PM   #224
Tech Regular

Wink

Great Lakes Challenge Information Sheet

Thank you for entering and attending the GLC. Please remember our goal is to have Fun, race hard and again have some Fun again.

The track will be open to cars and engine noise starting at 8:00 AM and will close around 8:00 PM. During the other 12 hours no engines should be running. It is in our best interest to keep the noise low at that time.

When you arrive please check in at the scoring area to confirm that you are at the race with the correct Frequency and Personal Transponder that was recorded on your entry.
WE WILL ALSO NEED TO SEE YOUR ROAR CARD. DONíT LEAVE HOME WITH OUT IT.

Rented pit spots will be on either end of the driver stand section of the track. We will do our best to get the different groups of racers and friends close together. Racers bring their own tents and tables need to fill in the space between the two tents. EZ-Up tents need to be three tents deep to match the two larger tents. So find a few friends and triple up your tents. Racers bring trailers will need to be on the left or right end of the Track and not in the middle between the two larger tents. Racers on the right side of the track in the parking lot will also need to double up on tents with a friends.

Guidelines for how the race will be run.

Remember, we are ALL here to have a little fun. This is a hobby and not a business, most of us are trying to enjoy some vacation time. Have fun. Also, you are not the only one here.

During Practice, you will need to grab the frequency tube for the correct channel you are planning to use with your radio. Please replace the Frequency tube with a cloths pin with your name on it. These are available at the scoring area. After you are done with your tank of fuel, you will need to return the Frequency tube back to the board.

This is a ROAR Event and we will do our best to follow ROAR rules.
After each Qualifier and Main you will need to have your pit man bring your car and fuel bottle to the tech. area for inspection. Your racer ID number should be written in the upper right corner on the wing of your car. You should also write your racer ID number on your fuel bottles.

We will be keeping all radios on the drivers stand during racing. Find a radio box to store your radio in during that time. This is our Radio impound. NOTE: We should not and will not see anyone walking up the stairs of the drivers stand with a radio as they come up to race.

During qualification, the track and race line are wide enough for slower cars to let the faster cars by without paying a heavy penalty in time. Keep this in mind during your race. Normally if you are involved in an incident you and the other car will not have a good time.

Normal race process, after you race, places your radio in the radio rack and go to your marshalling position which matches your car number. DO NOT go back to the pits. There are numbered chairs and fence markers for marshalling positions. Odd numbered spots are on the left side of the track and even numbered positions for even car numbers are on the right hand side.

We use flagless starts to run our qualifiers. This means there is no flag man. It is more like the start of a boat race. You will be given around 3 minutes of practice-warm up time before your heat starts. The J-Lap system will count down the time. At 30 seconds, it is best to come into the pits to fuel up for your qualifier. If you leave the pits somewhere between 10 and 15 seconds before the start of the qualifier things will work out well. The goal is to try to space your self evenly before you reach the start finish line. The race clock is around 5:45 so it is important that you are leaving the pit area when the race clock starts.

Start of the mains. Around a 3 minute warm up will be given. All cars will be asked to come to the pits. At that time, the pit people will be instructed to walk across the track with the cars to their starting positions. Positions 1 thru 10 are on the back stretch, 11 thru 14 starting position are on the left side of the track and are clearly marked.
The flagman will wave his flag to get all pit peoples attention. This is the time to fill the carís fuel tanks. The flag will slowly lower the flag, once it hits the ground, the cars should be on the ground. The Race starts with a horn from the scoring system. If a car leaves its starting position early (before the horn) that car will be instructed to make a stop and go penalty in pit lane.
Pit people need to walk back to the pit area by following the perimeter of the track. Do not Walk back across the track during the race.
XPHamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2006, 07:27 PM   #225
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to Scott Fisher

Ted:

This may or may not have been addressed, but is qualifying rocket round or qual points? If points, how many rounds will be counted? How many cars qualify for each main and how many bumps for each main?

See you guys on Wednesday!!!