R/C Tech Forums

R/C Tech Forums (https://www.rctech.net/forum/)
-   Nitro On-Road (https://www.rctech.net/forum/nitro-road-3/)
-   -   Ko propo Mars vs MARsR (https://www.rctech.net/forum/nitro-road/10972-ko-propo-mars-vs-marsr.html)

JaeGSX 12-21-2002 06:18 AM

Ko propo Mars vs MARsR

Hi have a question to those Kopropo experts

What is the difference between mars and marsR

I know about the 22 mem and reciever is it the same module?

Racing4Evo 12-21-2002 07:46 PM

Essentially, they are the same radio minus the Rapid Respnse feature. There are of course those little flashy bells and whistles like a bue LED pilot (on/off) light that is so bright, you can almost use it as a flashlight. This blue light is damn annoying when adjusting trims and the sort but there is a good reason it's there: When you're up on the driver's stand with the radio in your hands, the pilot light shines directly in the direction of the other drivers. When the race is on and the other drivers look in your direction, they'll be distracted by the light!!!:sneaky: :D

P.S.
Make sure you get the left corner spot in the stand so you can get all the other drivers looking at that darn pilot light.

dtm 12-21-2002 08:11 PM

Don't be fooled by anyone telling you that the high response system of the R is really noticable and makes you drive better......:ha: :ha: :ha: I kill myself laughing every time I read this from someone!!!:D :D

VenomWorldOrder 12-22-2002 01:20 AM

Originally posted by dtm
Don't be fooled by anyone telling you that the high response system of the R is really noticable and makes you drive better......:ha: :ha: :ha: I kill myself laughing every time I read this from someone!!!:D :D
yeah supposedly 50% quicker response time than the old marsbar radio. but if anyone says they noticed the speed difference on a 0.17sec or a 0.08sec servo .....THEY'RE LYING!:sneaky: :ha:

if you can get the rr at the same price as the original mars go with the rr though, better reale value if you ever fo sell it. the old mars with the orange highlights looks better though:lol: :p

jason102276 12-23-2002 07:49 AM

i thought i felt a difference from my m8 go ahead and tell me im lying it doesnt matter

that blue led will blind you if you look at it at night beware

dtm 12-23-2002 08:30 AM

Originally posted by jason102276
i thought i felt a difference from my m8 go ahead and tell me im lying it doesnt matter

that blue led will blind you if you look at it at night beware

Nah.....the "original" blue LED on the 2000R will do a much better job at blinding people.....:D :D :D

Blinds the hell out of me when I'm trying to adjust the TX!!!:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

patelladragger 12-23-2002 09:30 AM

Originally posted by VenomWorldOrder
yeah supposedly 50% quicker response time than the old marsbar radio. but if anyone says they noticed the speed difference on a 0.17sec or a 0.08sec servo .....THEY'RE LYING!:sneaky: :ha:

I don't know...I can tell a difference between a .17 and a .08 servo. I can tell by how much I have to dial the speed down on the radio! But even if I couldn't tell, I wouldn't have any valid reason to say that NO ONE else can. I have the mars but the only reason I haven't gotten the R is because I don't want to spend a fortune replacing all of my receivers.

jason102276 12-23-2002 09:40 AM

i was saying i felt a difference between my old m8 and my new mars r

im not saying it will turn a hack to a pro

jason102276 12-23-2002 09:42 AM

do any of you guys have a ko propo failsafe im looking to get one but i cant find any information

Cartman 12-23-2002 01:13 PM

Originally posted by patelladragger
I don't know...I can tell a difference between a .17 and a .08 servo. I can tell by how much I have to dial the speed down on the radio! But even if I couldn't tell, I wouldn't have any valid reason to say that NO ONE else can. I have the mars but the only reason I haven't gotten the R is because I don't want to spend a fortune replacing all of my receivers.
the old recievers will work but not in high response mode!!

InitialD 12-23-2002 04:19 PM

do any of you guys have a ko propo failsafe im looking to get one but i cant find any information
You don't need a KO failsafe to work on a KO radio. The Venom one works fine.

jason102276 12-23-2002 05:06 PM

where can i find info on the venom one?

if you turn on car before radio servos go nuts im worried about destroying my digital servos if i do something stupid like that again

stupid question what does failsafe do if battery is lost?

InitialD 12-23-2002 05:31 PM

where can i find info on the venom one?

if you turn on car before radio servos go nuts im worried about destroying my digital servos if i do something stupid like that again

I don't know where exactly you can find them. Just hop on to www.venom-racing.com and you can probably find your answers there.

At least the Venom failsafe that I know will lock the throttle servo only if there is no signal from the Tx. The steering servo will still be free for you to steer the car. Also, when receiver pack battery is going to get weak, the Venom failsafe will lock the throttle.

When your receiver battery pack suddently dumps or connector gets bad and there's zero battery power from the receiver pack all of a sudden, only a throttle return spring will help you.

dtm 12-24-2002 04:42 AM

Car goes crazy...and you start praying it doesn't hit something solid!!:D :D

jason102276 12-24-2002 05:33 AM

yeah i know 2 weeks ago my crystal vibrated loose and it sped away at top speed under a truck the next time i saw it was 8 ft in the air cost me a few bucks to fix really not to bad though rear arm and lower pin holder on my mtx-3 very durable car but no more parking lots for me i was trying to break my engine in at work not break the engine and car

i will check into that venom one thanks for the info im pretty sure my local hobby store carries venom products

anybody checked the accuracy on the venom temp gauge?