R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road

Old 12-29-2002, 01:14 AM   #16
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to Racing4Evo

Tomorrow, I plan to pick up one of the Mars R radios. Hopefully from my testing, I will be able to put to rest the debate over how noticable the high speed response system really is. I too am curious or should I say skeptical about this feature so I will be using the new Mars R and my 2000R back to back in the same car with the same electronics. Expect a short summary from me late tomorrow. Till then.
Racing4Evo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2002, 04:00 PM   #17
Tech Fanatic

i really want to know if mars r will work with regular reciever i dont care about the speed as long as it works i just want to buy a novak reciever for my micro rs4 and a spare in case of failure and buying 2 ko recievers is alot more money than 2 novak xxls
jason102276 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2002, 04:53 PM   #18
Tech Fanatic

Send a message via ICQ to Cartman

Quote:
Originally posted by jason102276
i really want to know if mars r will work with regular reciever i dont care about the speed as long as it works i just want to buy a novak reciever for my micro rs4 and a spare in case of failure and buying 2 ko recievers is alot more money than 2 novak xxls
i had the ko ex1 precious with the old style reciever. when i got the R i tried the old reciver and it worked ok with the mars R
as i said in my earlier post.
Old 12-29-2002, 05:20 PM   #19
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally posted by Cartman
the old recievers will work but not in high response mode!!
Hey! is a 'switchable' feature? If yes, how is done? Actually I have one 301F that works, and two 297FZ on pristine condition who are pretty useless.

I tried to navigate thru the menus but no success.
[quote=MugenDrew;2684554]BATTERIES are for FLASH LIGHTS, gasoline is for cleanin parts, alcohol is for me to drink and well NITRO...everybody know thats for racing.[/quote] :D:D:D
Corse-R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2002, 11:38 PM   #20
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to Racing4Evo

Is there a difference? YES! Back from the track and very satisfied. You can even notice the difference on the bench. I wouldn't say it's 2x faster but it is definitely fast enough to justify buying it. I also feel cheated. I doubt that these radio makers just happened to stumble upon this high speed response system and then market it. One only knows how long they've been sitting on this technology. Regretfully (bad crash), I don't have a normal KO receiver to test the compatiblilty but as Cartman posted, it is compatible. I guess dtm is laughing now cause I'm saying this high respose feature is "really noticable"! No lie, just my unbiased observation.

Oh yeah, one more thing.....YOU NOTICE THE DIFFERENCE!
Racing4Evo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2002, 05:20 AM   #21
Tech Fanatic

Quote:
Originally posted by Corse-R
Hey! is a 'switchable' feature? If yes, how is done? Actually I have one 301F that works, and two 297FZ on pristine condition who are pretty useless.

I tried to navigate thru the menus but no success.
YOU DO NOT ALTER ANTHING! JUST USE THE OLD RECIVER.
Old 12-30-2002, 06:16 AM   #22
dtm
Tech Champion

Send a message via ICQ to dtm

Quote:
Originally posted by Racing4Evo
Is there a difference? YES! Back from the track and very satisfied. You can even notice the difference on the bench. I wouldn't say it's 2x faster but it is definitely fast enough to justify buying it. I also feel cheated. I doubt that these radio makers just happened to stumble upon this high speed response system and then market it. One only knows how long they've been sitting on this technology. Regretfully (bad crash), I don't have a normal KO receiver to test the compatiblilty but as Cartman posted, it is compatible. I guess dtm is laughing now cause I'm saying this high respose feature is "really noticable"! No lie, just my unbiased observation.

Oh yeah, one more thing.....YOU NOTICE THE DIFFERENCE!

dtm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2002, 10:36 AM   #23
Tech Fanatic

i believe the faster speed is from the use of faster microprocessors
Old 12-30-2002, 11:44 AM   #24
Tech Addict

Send a message via AIM to fraz

It was my understanding that the FZ297 receivers don't work with the new radio. I do not know of anybody who has tried the Novak XXL yet but the Novak synthesized work fine.

On the inverse, I use the 2000R model and I just got two new 301F receivers and they work great.
fraz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2002, 12:23 PM   #25
Tech Fanatic

Quote:
Originally posted by fraz
It was my understanding that the FZ297 receivers don't work with the new radio. I do not know of anybody who has tried the Novak XXL yet but the Novak synthesized work fine.

On the inverse, I use the 2000R model and I just got two new 301F receivers and they work great.

HELLO am i banging my head against a wall????
the old recivers do work.......I HAVE TRIED..........THEY DO WORK!!!
read my previous posts!!!!
the only thing that does not happen is the high response!!!
Old 12-30-2002, 01:21 PM   #26
Tech Fanatic

i believe you cartman its ok settle down

fraz youve used mars r with novak synthesized already huh thats good news for me im sure the xxl will work if it will
Old 12-30-2002, 01:37 PM   #27
Tech Fanatic

Quote:
Originally posted by jason102276
i believe you cartman its ok settle down

fraz youve used mars r with novak synthesized already huh thats good news for me im sure the xxl will work if it will