Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road
Hi all using nitro car in the rain >

Hi all using nitro car in the rain

Hi all using nitro car in the rain

Old 04-07-2006, 07:05 AM
Tech Rookie

Default Hi all using nitro car in the rain

Hi all i have a ts.4n sport by thunder tiger i was wandering can i use it in the wet or will it damage it?

You can see it at the top of this page
http://kessockmodels.com/acatalog/Cars_Trucks.html

Thanks
Old 04-07-2006, 10:24 AM
Tech Adept

The Brits race rain or shine, so I guess it won't destroy the car, although I am sure you will have to dry it thoroughly afterwards. I believe they "waterproof" their receivers with a balloon tied off and sealed with a dab of RTV. Spray the car liberally with WD-40 (Water Displacement formula #40 ) and wipe it dry afterwards. Also check out www.3Hobbie.net to see more waterproofing recommendations.

Be careful about running through deep puddles; the engine could get a big gulp of water and hydraulic lock, possibly breaking the crankcase.

Me? I'm a fair weather racer!
Old 04-07-2006, 12:42 PM
Tech Elite

Most of us over here race in the rain, but most have a special rain car, since you need a completely different setup in the wet.

It's correct that the receivers are packed in a balloon or condom to keep them dry. I have vaseline in a spray can which I spray on sensitive areas like the servo cases, switches and bearings.

You have to dry the car thouroughly after a wet race, an air compressor is a must.

Once all this is done and you have diffs in the car and good rain tires, it's a blast to race in the rain
Old 04-07-2006, 01:01 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by stefan
Most of us over here race in the rain, but most have a special rain car, since you need a completely different setup in the wet.

It's correct that the receivers are packed in a balloon or condom to keep them dry. I have vaseline in a spray can which I spray on sensitive areas like the servo cases, switches and bearings.

You have to dry the car thouroughly after a wet race, an air compressor is a must.

Once all this is done and you have diffs in the car and good rain tires, it's a blast to race in the rain
How about the air filter ? Is it different air filter or I could put more filter oil ?

I think it's fun when racing in the wet hehehe......
Old 04-07-2006, 01:04 PM
Tech Regular

you use the ins box like the 1/8ths have with the 2 holes but a smaller one
Old 04-07-2006, 02:24 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

That would be so fun to watch...I'd be so afraid to hydrolock my car.