R/C Tech Forums

R/C Tech Forums (https://www.rctech.net/forum/)
-   Nitro On-Road (https://www.rctech.net/forum/nitro-road-3/)
-   -   help me choose (https://www.rctech.net/forum/nitro-road/108872-help-me-choose.html)

Rayvan 04-05-2006 04:03 AM

help me choose

can you please help me choose a nitro car? I was looking at FW-05T+ and V-one S3. Which one better? I know I still have to add my own radio's equipment for V-one S3. But for the driving, since the engine are the same, which one is better handling?

and also, my friend bought a new engine, then everytime he pull the throttle full, the engine has stopped. we took to the hobby shop and they said because its still new. but how long does it take till the engine can run normally?

M7H 04-05-2006 04:41 AM

About the cars, I can't help you.....

About the engine.....

Strang argument from the hobby shop....
Even if an engine is brand new, it is possible to run it full throttle....., not that it is wise to do that, but it is possible....
An engine which shuts off when applying full throttle, either is set to "rich" or to "lean"

A new engine should be set very rich during the run-in process, but when done so, if you apply full throttle immediately, a "rich" engine always "flames" out....

How long it will take for the engine to "break-in" depends, but in general you can say, about 8 tanks of fuel.

Running in the engine can be done in a lot of different ways, but I always use the WOT (Wide Open Throttle) method.
Set the engine as rich as possible, without it shutting down (go to full throttle slowly), but also that the driving speed of your car is about the same speed as you can keep up with it while running next to it......

integra evan 04-05-2006 09:14 AM

We had the same argument from the hobby shop when my friend's engine in his Rush EVO would do the same thing, cut off at full throttle. It eventually got over it, and runs like a dream at WOT.

Rayvan 04-09-2006 12:27 AM

I finally bought NTC3. I read some threads in here any many ppl says its a good car.

hopely it's true :)

Joe Os 04-09-2006 01:29 AM

Originally Posted by Rayvan
I finally bought NTC3. I read some threads in here any many ppl says its a good car.

hopely it's true :)

Right my homie got one of those too.

Artificial-I 04-09-2006 08:54 AM

Are you planning on racing? All the cars you spoke about are old or street type cars. Even the ntc3 you bought is old.

Was this going to be a street car? If so the ntc3 is a good choice with the shaft cause it doesnt get messed up by rocks as bad.

Rayvan 04-14-2006 12:02 AM

just got an email from the seller, they dont have the ntc3 on stock. I think I will get CD3 instead. will that car be good enough for race?

itchy b 04-14-2006 04:55 AM

:)

Originally Posted by Rayvan
just got an email from the seller, they dont have the ntc3 on stock. I think I will get CD3 instead. will that car be good enough for race?

a kfactory kv1 might be good value, its a good strong chassis with i believe all the hopups and is rtr. can accept a much more powerful motor later when you are ready pluss has good pace and duribility standard for not too much money :nod: :)