R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road

Old 07-04-2006, 03:24 PM   #586

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by duneland
Ha ha, I see the 'toy car' reference struck a chord! A lot of the racers around here refer to it in that way. It's a self-depricating humour thing...
I still contend that, a lot of very fast drivers (with a shot at the title) would not be able to attend a nationwide series. I am all about improving our racing scene. I see this suggestion as a step back, not forward.
Many top racers look at the schedule(the existing races you mentioned) and plan to attend as many of these events as they can. Very few can hit them all. How about all the up and comming drivers? The guys that want to show there stuff at the Nat's? Sorry, no more nationals, it is now reduced to a points compilation of several races around the country. Bad idea.
Have your points series, but call it something like--world factory driver season champ!
IFMAR world championship is single event. Wouldn't make sense to make that a series for the same reason; geography! You can't expect a whole field of fast racers to travel the globe to numerous races in order to be crowned champion. As it is, each affiliate (in our case ROAR) sends there qualified racers to the event (OK they send themselves, but you know what I mean). Qualify for the worlds by performance in Nationals... Let's extend tha down the chain. Qualify for Nat's by performance in the Regionals.
First, let me say that you cannot refer to our current configuration as the 'Nationals' as it is only one single race so 'National' would be more correct.

And in my opinion, Our current system seems more like a trophy dash type approach to a championship than a real race that requires you to prove yourself, more than once (some people are lucky some are not so) to earn the National title.

Seems to me if you can't afford to race an entire series then you shouldn't. Just compete at the events you would like to race in. No one is saying that everyone needs to race every single event. And like I said, the guy that can't afford to do them all probably doesn't stand a chance to win the ROAR championship anyways.

But like I said, the winner of each race could still be crowned Champion of each individual event, but the guys racing for the National title could attend all of the events (wether it be 3 or 8 or whatever) and, with results compiled from all events attended, become ROAR National champion.

So the winner of the Winternats would still be Winternats champ, the winner of the Great lakes challenge would still be GLC champ, the winner of the Las Vegas GP could still be LVGP champ. The one with the most compiled points from all events would hold the ROAR National title.

It is usually the cost that everyone cries about that holds this hobby back, but then I see people spending money hand over fist to modify their Monster Trucks with rediculously expensive hop ups with reckless abandon.

This is just my opinion, and I will still attend the National (notice no 's' in that word!) and all the other big races, just cause I like to race!!!

And I am finished with this conversation. You guys do what you want with it. It is clear that many people just want it to stay like it is. But believe me, when you come to me and say you are ROAR national champion, I won't be impressed!!

BK
mxwrench is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2006, 03:55 PM   #587
Tech Elite

Send a message via AIM to SOLOARTIST 702
Default race

im in the unable to complete catagory but could the races add up to positioning in the final race such as proseries just asking i could see something happening soon since its a topic
RC AMERICA / XRAY / HUDY/ MATRIX TIRES /KOPROPO / ORCAN GT3 /RED CUP RACING MEMBER / SPEEWORLD RACEWAY/ A+ performance parts /IVE SEEN THE XRAY TEAM DRIVE SO I GOT XRAY CARS / better to keep up than to catch up

WILLIAM PENDERGRASS
SOLOARTIST 702 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2006, 06:32 PM   #588
Tech Elite

You can, indeed, refer to the current championship as 'Nationals"! But, that is just semantics, (we say pair of pants when there is only one object in discuscion). Most forms of competition use a single event as basis for determining the national champion. Usually, with regionals for qualification.
Some forms of competition use the series formula. I don't think it works for us. You, obviously, do.
Saying that anyone who can not afford to go to all those races would not have a chance, is silly. Plenty of new fast guys every year and not all of them are rich. I'm not one that complains about the cost of rc racing. I think it is expensiv, but what isn't? The schedule you suggest is a bit over the top though. I realy don't think you would have many takers. See how many manufacturers would be interested in fielding a full team to all those races...
Anywho, I've spent enough time on this....

Last edited by duneland; 07-04-2006 at 06:46 PM.
duneland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2006, 07:39 PM   #589
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Without having read everybody's post I will give my opinion. I think there should be a nationally sanctioned "series" of races from which a National champion should be declared. It would be great to have 1 race every month, but I dont think that's feasable(sp?). I think a better schedule would be a race every 2 months, 6 races a year. That would make it much more affordable for the racers that are sponsored by their wallets. Perhaps, and Im torned on this issue, the last race should be only for the, lets say, 240 fastes drivers, the 40 fastest drivers from each round. This way we dont have to attend each race to gain points. The winner of the A main is the National Champion.

The races should be held on different locations each time to give each area a chance to have drivers from around the track, "local" drivers, but should otherwise be opend to anyone, from anywhere in the USA.

Just my opinion.
nitrodude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2006, 08:07 PM   #590
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

The more and more I hear about this National point series the more it doesn't make sense. We are not even talking about the haves and the have not. You have to remember all these events takes three days plus practice. I'm sorry but this is not your typical racing event where money is generated from watching. R/C racing is geared towards people participating so comparisons to motorcycle racing and autosports does not apply. Just based on the sponsorship i'm sure yamaha, honda, and etc would have more resources to send a team out all year to make a complete show at each event. I can't think of One R/C company willing to send a whole team all year long. You cannot really say that our current nats requires a lot of luck, true you need some, but if you've noticed its the same top top 10 pretty much every year with the exception of 2 to 3 new faces in the a main every year.
Francis M. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2006, 04:23 PM   #591
Tech Master

This is a lot simpler than it's being made out to be.

Take the top 250 racers from the regionals plus the top 25 finishers from the the past national. No one other than a top 250 finisher, in the Roar Regionals, and the previous top 25 finishers at the Roar National, should be allowed to enter the Roar National Championship. Doing this would grow the regionals and the importance of the Roar national Championship.

As pointed out earlier, you could, in addition, have a prestigious overall point series champion. Dsiginate 6 top races, could be current races or a new venue, from around the country, with the Roar National as one of the 6 to count in the point series championship.

This is a win win situation. This would work, but it might be too logical and feasible.
Old 07-05-2006, 07:59 PM   #592
Tech Elite

Default race

just a tribute shot
RC AMERICA / XRAY / HUDY/ MATRIX TIRES /KOPROPO / ORCAN GT3 /RED CUP RACING MEMBER / SPEEWORLD RACEWAY/ A+ performance parts /IVE SEEN THE XRAY TEAM DRIVE SO I GOT XRAY CARS / better to keep up than to catch up

WILLIAM PENDERGRASS

Last edited by SOLOARTIST 702; 12-25-2010 at 10:24 AM.
Old 07-09-2006, 01:16 AM   #593
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)
Default re

Lets see......the Nats.....no matter if in the dirt or onroad.....the factories against the "Joe Blows"...who wins......easy to predict. Anymore I go to the Nats to see factory drivers...not to see if I can place any higher than the X main!!! The average "Joe" usually doesn't have the resources to compete with the factories....and if they do.....they choose not to as the spending gets way out of hand. Just my opinion.
SRAD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2006, 12:14 AM   #594
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)
Default Aloha Brian

Brian from Hawaii:

Who this guy im passing ? hehhe. Tell Reynold I said Aloha.

Roger Serafin
Attached Thumbnails
2006 1/10 Fuel On Road Nationals. Info.-dsc_8271.jpg   2006 1/10 Fuel On Road Nationals. Info.-dsc_8272.jpg   2006 1/10 Fuel On Road Nationals. Info.-dsc_8273.jpg   2006 1/10 Fuel On Road Nationals. Info.-dsc_8274.jpg   2006 1/10 Fuel On Road Nationals. Info.-dsc_8275.jpg  

Old 07-10-2006, 03:05 PM   #595
Tech Master

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Quote:
Originally Posted by SOLOARTIST 702
just a tribute shot

Orange sighting!!
Orange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2006, 07:19 PM   #596
Tech Elite

Send a message via AIM to Dawn Sanchez

Quote:
Originally Posted by SOLOARTIST 702
just a tribute shot
hey, I know these guys... LOL
Dawn Sanchez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2006, 07:22 PM   #597
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by mxwrench
First of all, like I said before, I do not think they should add races to the year, but only suggest that ROAR sanctions all the existing 'Big' races and incorperate them into a championship. Almost all top drivers are attending these races anyways so I don't think the manufacturers would need to fork out much more money for this format.

And for the guy that can't personally afford to attend all the races, this guy is highly unlikely to win the championship anyways. But if he is lucky enough to win, or qualify for the A-main at any of the events, he would probably get a sponsorship anyways.

In other motorsports they would never declare a champion after only one event. It really is almost meaningless. This year the fastest guy by far was Swauger, and he lost this 'championship' due to a mechanical problem. If this was an 8 race series, Mike could redeem himself possibly at future events and work toward winning the championship

In the end, each event would still hold its current status as great events, the only difference would be that the event would count toward a bigger picture in the way of the 1/10 championship. So the small time guy could still enter and have the same fun as he would currently, and the winner could go on to race the rest of the series to become ultimate ROAR 1/10 champion.

I do appologise, as my experience in professional motorcycle racing is definitely showing here, but believe me, the accomplishment of winning a series is much more gratifying than winning a single event!

BK
You're talking about probably a billion dollar industry and a 100 million dollar industry. The average racer in MX doesn't compete in all the events.
Old 07-10-2006, 08:29 PM   #598
Tech Elite

Default hmm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dawn Sanchez
hey, I know these guys... LOL
hello i bet you know them there trouble ( j.k.) how is everything i know you dont remember me but its all good keep up the good work

WILLIAM PENDERGRASS

Last edited by SOLOARTIST 702; 12-25-2010 at 10:24 AM.
Old 07-10-2006, 08:38 PM   #599

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by DerekB
You're talking about probably a billion dollar industry and a 100 million dollar industry. The average racer in MX doesn't compete in all the events.
First, are you saying the motorcycle industry is only 10 times bigger than the r/c industry? Try 1,000 times bigger! And, the average MX racer only attends his local national races to compete. The bigger sponsored team riders are the ones to contest the entire series. As should be in r/c racing at the level 4 events. The races are already being held, the attendees that are going will go anyway, maybe more will attend each event if there was some type of series involved.

I would just like the Roar national championship to mean something more than winning one race. As it stands right now, It is the guy with skill and luck that wins the championship. Having a series helps to take the luck element out of the equation and add skill and consistency, diversity, and adaptability. This to me truly shows what a champion should be made of.

BK
mxwrench is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2006, 05:36 PM   #600
Tech Master

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

I would just like to interject one thing into this.....

It can only be national (<~notice the no "s") if the Nats were only offering one class.... But there is only one national right now that only offers this and that would be 1/8 Buggy... All the rest of the nationalS have multiple classes offered, so it should be called NationalS (<~Notice the "s")... That means that at 99% of the NationalS there are ChampionS crowned and that is when you would say National ChampionS....

On top of that, it is how the english language is taught in the first grade.... You remember those things that gave you choices as to how to say something, it would go like this:

Find the wrong pronunciation in this sentence:

I won first places at the National.

LOL.

Just my .02

Last edited by Orange; 07-11-2006 at 05:47 PM.
Orange is offline   Reply With Quote