R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 06-30-2006, 05:30 PM   #571
Tech Elite
 
GrandeGixxer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Waldorf, MD
Posts: 2,929
Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)
Default

Another thing is this: If some type of qualifer is required to enter the Nats, they will lose a lot of racers that couldn't make it. This is going to cause the race venue to lose a lot of revenue. I don't think that they feel it is worth it to lose that $$$.
__________________
Joe Cude
Mugen MBX-7R Mugen MTX-6R Mugen MTC-1 Mugen MRX-6 Mugen MST-1 Tamiya Euro Truck
GrandeGixxer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2006, 06:08 PM   #572
Tech Elite
 
duneland's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: NW Indiana, USA
Posts: 2,403
Default

The number of racers that quallify, will depend upon the requirements set in place. A more efficient structure would result, with a more accurate expectation of participation. Less waste in the preperation budget, etc.
A field of say 250 entries, is a pretty good source of revenue. Especially when the host club knows this in advance.
Which is better; A huge turn-out for nat's with 400 entrees (A whole bunch of people that shouldn't be there, long drawn out affair, lot's of revenue for ONE track) or TWELVE well attended regionals (with more money going to support tracks all accross the country) & a more manageable size, higher quality National?
duneland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2006, 06:20 PM   #573
Tech Master
 
richey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Las Vegas, Nevada
Posts: 1,280
Send a message via MSN to richey
Default

I think you are confused between nationals and regionals
__________________
Silver Bowl Raceway Operator
www.TeamTaylorRacing.net
Byron's Fuel, Airtronics
JoshStevensFoundation.org
richey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2006, 06:45 PM   #574
Tech Adept
 
MechanicJon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Worlds biggest oven! Phoenix Az
Posts: 117
Send a message via MSN to MechanicJon
Default

2006 Sedan Nats Crystal Park Raceway video Round 6 Race 12 click on pic for video

Last edited by MechanicJon; 06-30-2006 at 08:06 PM.
MechanicJon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2006, 06:53 PM   #575
Tech Adept
 
MechanicJon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Worlds biggest oven! Phoenix Az
Posts: 117
Send a message via MSN to MechanicJon
Default

2006 Sedan Nats Crystal Park Raceway video Outlaw Final
Zoom in on Team Magic driver's left to right David Berry,Brian Berry, Dennis Richey and Ray Juhl. Ya i'm partial to TM. I'm related to one of them.
MechanicJon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2006, 06:58 PM   #576
Tech Adept
 
MechanicJon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Worlds biggest oven! Phoenix Az
Posts: 117
Send a message via MSN to MechanicJon
Default

2006 Sedan Nats Crystal Park Raceway video Sedan Final

Last edited by MechanicJon; 06-30-2006 at 07:21 PM.
MechanicJon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2006, 10:47 AM   #577
Tech Elite
 
duneland's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: NW Indiana, USA
Posts: 2,403
Default

Richey, I find your statement confusing, otherwise I am pretty clear.
duneland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2006, 10:25 PM   #578
Tech Elite
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: lost...
Posts: 2,854
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default

[QUOTE=MechanicJon]2006 Sedan Nats Crystal Park Raceway video Outlaw Final
Ya i'm partial to TM. I'm related to one of them.
QUOTE]
Yup, Dennis
__________________
Sometimes I post just to look at Kraig's avatar
RoyU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2006, 11:10 PM   #579
Moderator
 
mxwrench's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Victorville, CA USA
Posts: 429
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DerekB
Increasing the number of races just increases the cost of racing. As a person paying for all your travel and parts do you really think they could afford to travel to 8-10 races? Nice in theory and not realistic to the wallet. An actual "pro tour" is what you're talking about and there's not enough spectators or exposure to justify each company spending $250K to run a series.
First of all, like I said before, I do not think they should add races to the year, but only suggest that ROAR sanctions all the existing 'Big' races and incorperate them into a championship. Almost all top drivers are attending these races anyways so I don't think the manufacturers would need to fork out much more money for this format.

And for the guy that can't personally afford to attend all the races, this guy is highly unlikely to win the championship anyways. But if he is lucky enough to win, or qualify for the A-main at any of the events, he would probably get a sponsorship anyways.

In other motorsports they would never declare a champion after only one event. It really is almost meaningless. This year the fastest guy by far was Swauger, and he lost this 'championship' due to a mechanical problem. If this was an 8 race series, Mike could redeem himself possibly at future events and work toward winning the championship

In the end, each event would still hold its current status as great events, the only difference would be that the event would count toward a bigger picture in the way of the 1/10 championship. So the small time guy could still enter and have the same fun as he would currently, and the winner could go on to race the rest of the series to become ultimate ROAR 1/10 champion.

I do appologise, as my experience in professional motorcycle racing is definitely showing here, but believe me, the accomplishment of winning a series is much more gratifying than winning a single event!

BK
__________________
Brian Kinney
TLR Design Engineer
2016 Sponsors: Team Losi Racing, AKA Tires, Orion, Nitrotane, Horizon Hobbies, Fast RC Paint.
mxwrench is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2006, 11:16 PM   #580
Tech Master
 
rcracerdude's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: AZ
Posts: 576
Send a message via Yahoo to rcracerdude
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mxwrench
First of all, like I said before, I do not think they should add races to the year, but only suggest that ROAR sanctions all the existing 'Big' races and incorperate them into a championship. Almost all top drivers are attending these races anyways so I don't think the manufacturers would need to fork out much more money for this format.

And for the guy that can't personally afford to attend all the races, this guy is highly unlikely to win the championship anyways. But if he is lucky enough to win, or qualify for the A-main at any of the events, he would probably get a sponsorship anyways.

In other motorsports they would never declare a champion after only one event. It really is almost meaningless. This year the fastest guy by far was Swauger, and he lost this 'championship' due to a mechanical problem. If this was an 8 race series, Mike could redeem himself possibly at future events and work toward winning the championship

In the end, each event would still hold its current status as great events, the only difference would be that the event would count toward a bigger picture in the way of the 1/10 championship. So the small time guy could still enter and have the same fun as he would currently, and the winner could go on to race the rest of the series to become ultimate ROAR 1/10 champion.

I do appologise, as my experience in professional motorcycle racing is definitely showing here, but believe me, the accomplishment of winning a series is much more gratifying than winning a single event!

BK
very good point. I like the idea
__________________
Ken Gutierrez

derbybrosracing.com
rcracerdude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2006, 11:49 AM   #581
Tech Elite
 
duneland's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: NW Indiana, USA
Posts: 2,403
Default

I know nothing of pro motorcycle racing, but one of the key words there is 'Pro'. We have very few professional rc racers, and plenty of fast drivers that have full time jobs & famillies. I would like to see it stay as a one event championship, but earn the right to be there by performance in the regional.
I think the number of racers that would attend all these races, spread out accross the country, would be just a hand full. Too much, just to be crowned 'national toy car racing champ'.
duneland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2006, 12:04 PM   #582
Moderator
 
mxwrench's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Victorville, CA USA
Posts: 429
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by duneland
I know nothing of pro motorcycle racing, but one of the key words there is 'Pro'. We have very few professional rc racers, and plenty of fast drivers that have full time jobs & famillies. I would like to see it stay as a one event championship, but earn the right to be there by performance in the regional.
I think the number of racers that would attend all these races, spread out accross the country, would be just a hand full. Too much, just to be crowned 'national toy car racing champ'.
I hear what you are saying, but my thoughts are, The races would still go off just as before, the winternats would still be the winternats, etc. However, the regular Joe would still have every chance he had before to win the event, the only difference would be those competing for the championship would string all these big events together for one big championship. As most of these guys all attend these races anyways, there wouldn't be much cost increase.

We could even still have separate champions, as in Winternats champion, Great Lakes Challenge champion, but there would still be a bigger scale of things when you added all the series points up to determine the ROAR national champion.

And if you still see them as toy cars then we know where your head is at! Does the fact that you don't sit inside the car make it less important? Is the money you spend racing 'toy money'?

At the ROAR Level 4 events (Profesional) I dare to say these are nolonger 'toy cars'

But still, this form of racing is still the most affordable form of racing that I have ever come in contact with! And when you choose to race in the upper echelon of any given disipline of racing, you have to be prepared to shell out some bucks. If you don't want to spend the money, stay home and race your local club races!

BK
__________________
Brian Kinney
TLR Design Engineer
2016 Sponsors: Team Losi Racing, AKA Tires, Orion, Nitrotane, Horizon Hobbies, Fast RC Paint.
mxwrench is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2006, 02:01 PM   #583
Tech Master
 
rcracerdude's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: AZ
Posts: 576
Send a message via Yahoo to rcracerdude
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mxwrench
I hear what you are saying, but my thoughts are, The races would still go off just as before, the winternats would still be the winternats, etc. However, the regular Joe would still have every chance he had before to win the event, the only difference would be those competing for the championship would string all these big events together for one big championship. As most of these guys all attend these races anyways, there wouldn't be much cost increase.

We could even still have separate champions, as in Winternats champion, Great Lakes Challenge champion, but there would still be a bigger scale of things when you added all the series points up to determine the ROAR national champion.

And if you still see them as toy cars then we know where your head is at! Does the fact that you don't sit inside the car make it less important? Is the money you spend racing 'toy money'?

At the ROAR Level 4 events (Profesional) I dare to say these are nolonger 'toy cars'

But still, this form of racing is still the most affordable form of racing that I have ever come in contact with! And when you choose to race in the upper echelon of any given disipline of racing, you have to be prepared to shell out some bucks. If you don't want to spend the money, stay home and race your local club races!

BK
I hope the ROAR PEOPLE are listening to you bud. You have a very good point. There are always races for men and boys. Nationals should be treated as a professional event, for peace-of-sake, it is the "NATIONALS". The only thing bigger is the "WORLDS". And for the so called fun-time-racing, there are the 'other' racing events that are just too many to mention. Unless someone leads these such an enormous hobby or ours to a higher level, we would never become the likes of the europeans (cant remember which countries ). We should encourage ROAR to promote this hobby to a higher level if we want a national exposure. That I think is the only way we could grow. Be heard...be seen...be known...

just an opinion...
__________________
Ken Gutierrez

derbybrosracing.com

Last edited by rcracerdude; 07-04-2006 at 02:36 PM.
rcracerdude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2006, 02:35 PM   #584
Tech Master
 
rcracerdude's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: AZ
Posts: 576
Send a message via Yahoo to rcracerdude
Default

thinking back to mxwrench ideas, how do you create a big scene at the final event? There's probably a lot of ideas, but there's only one I could think of. Having a "Manufacturer's Nationals Finals" and an "Open Nationals". Manufacturer's Finals - being the race from the series. Open Nationals is a one-time event only, maybe for anyone except for people with full ride.

the only drawback to this is, not everyone want to race against the regular joe. There are so many talents out there but doesn't have the financial stability to race each series, so how do we solve these?

I have this debate with my bro and what we still end up with is the system that we have now. The only way anyone can get up that podium against everyone else in the nation is to have a one-time-event nationals. The series would definitely kill that dream for some people. ROAR probably have gone through this many times. So much experience on that organization that we sometimes ignore.

so much to think about... I got to eat
__________________
Ken Gutierrez

derbybrosracing.com
rcracerdude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2006, 02:49 PM   #585
Tech Elite
 
duneland's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: NW Indiana, USA
Posts: 2,403
Default

Ha ha, I see the 'toy car' reference struck a chord! A lot of the racers around here refer to it in that way. It's a self-depricating humour thing...
I still contend that, a lot of very fast drivers (with a shot at the title) would not be able to attend a nationwide series. I am all about improving our racing scene. I see this suggestion as a step back, not forward.
Many top racers look at the schedule(the existing races you mentioned) and plan to attend as many of these events as they can. Very few can hit them all. How about all the up and comming drivers? The guys that want to show there stuff at the Nat's? Sorry, no more nationals, it is now reduced to a points compilation of several races around the country. Bad idea.
Have your points series, but call it something like--world factory driver season champ!
IFMAR world championship is single event. Wouldn't make sense to make that a series for the same reason; geography! You can't expect a whole field of fast racers to travel the globe to numerous races in order to be crowned champion. As it is, each affiliate (in our case ROAR) sends there qualified racers to the event (OK they send themselves, but you know what I mean). Qualify for the worlds by performance in Nationals... Let's extend tha down the chain. Qualify for Nat's by performance in the Regionals.
duneland is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
ROAR 2006 'Open' Fuel Nationals Cincinnati, OH Darint Nitro On-Road 676 10-26-2006 06:06 PM
ROAR 2006 'Open' Fuel Nationals Sidebar Discussion rmdhawaii Nitro On-Road 4 10-15-2006 08:59 AM
picks for ROAR 2006 'Open' Fuel Nationals tpczx6 Nitro On-Road 13 10-09-2006 09:04 PM
2006 1/10 On-Road Fuel Nationals, Crystal Park Raceway rcfoolz Nitro On-Road 49 03-30-2006 03:19 PM
Fuel SEDAN Nationals - Info / Results?? SirSpeedy Nitro On-Road 49 07-11-2002 11:28 PM



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 04:12 PM.


We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net