R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road

Old 06-27-2006, 10:28 PM   #541
Tech Elite

Send a message via AIM to Dawn Sanchez

Quote:
Originally Posted by Racing4Evo
I hear from everyone that it's going to be at Ft. Meyers. Seems to be the case.
Bids for 2007 ROAR Nationals are due to [email protected] on or before July 31, 2006 for selection process to BEGIN.

No track has been selected and won't be until the bids are received, reviewed by the class committee and awarded by the Excom during the annual fall meeting.

Nationals in 2007 will be run by the ROAR Race Management Team.

Sorry, had to input there... bugs me when people say the selection process is already done..

Dawn

(and no, I won't comment on the incident and the imposed penalties nor the bidding process. Please, contact David Lee at the above address for questions and/or concerns regarding 2007 nationals. )
Dawn Sanchez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2006, 11:03 PM   #542
Tech Fanatic

Send a message via AIM to Proteus

How about 301 Raceway ?
Proteus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2006, 11:13 PM   #543
Tech Master

Send a message via MSN to richey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Proteus
How about 301 Raceway ?
The track looks very nice from the pictures on there site. It might be tight pit space and parking from the pictures,But i could be wrong. I like the wood outside fense, it makes it look classy.
JoshStevensFoundation.org
richey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2006, 12:04 AM   #544
Tech Fanatic

Send a message via AIM to Proteus

The pit spaces are covered now. Actually there is plenty of pit spaces. There is space on both sides of the driver's stand. As for parking, I'm not sure how many cars we could get in there. I'm sure if they needed to, there is also plenty of parking in the grass on the other side of the fence (to the right of the driver's stand). If you ever get a chance to make it out, I'm guarantee you will not be disappointed. In the 3 months or so that it has been opened, the track keeps getting better and better. The owners are very receptive and responsive to racer needs, wants, and complaints. As racers themselves, they know what it takes to build a track and run a program correctly. They have night lighting, power, cheap (price) food, parts support, air compressor, lcd monitors in pit row, a spacious driver's stand, friendly staff, and tough competition. We have racers that travel over 2-3 hours regularly to race at this facility. And traction is great. At the Nats in cali, I could get away with 38's and 40's. Using those same tires at a big race at our track I have traction rolling problems. Plus the track is only 20 or so minutes away from DC for all you out of towners. For all you party people....DC has plenty of night life to keep you busy.

Sorry...didn't mean to sound like a spokesperson for the chamber of commerce. But, it's vary rare that I talk highly of a track. It's been awhile since the MD/VA/DC area has had a nationals. We've been waiting for quite some time so my vote is for this track.

Jeff
Proteus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2006, 12:40 AM   #545
Tech Elite

Send a message via AIM to SOLOARTIST 702
Default hmm

RC AMERICA / XRAY / HUDY/ MATRIX TIRES /KOPROPO / ORCAN GT3 /RED CUP RACING MEMBER / SPEEWORLD RACEWAY/ A+ performance parts /IVE SEEN THE XRAY TEAM DRIVE SO I GOT XRAY CARS / better to keep up than to catch up

WILLIAM PENDERGRASS
SOLOARTIST 702 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2006, 01:13 AM   #546
Tech Master

Send a message via Yahoo to rcracerdude

i vote for vegas!!!

you'll have to hit vegas before going east coast, it's on the way anyways

derbybrosracing.com
rcracerdude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2006, 04:48 AM   #547
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

The natione capitol does sound like a good place to hold a Nationals. Track looks awesome.
Old 06-28-2006, 09:37 AM   #548
Tech Elite

Indeed it does look great. Please incourage the track owners to place a bid.
duneland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2006, 12:41 PM   #549
Tech Elite

Send a message via AIM to nigelnuggets

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jo Gutierrez
i vote vegas! i don't think there's been a roar sedan nationals there (as far as i know). it's about time!!
besides, the track and rich is more than capable of running a nats

nah man im straight off that, i would like to see it at either 301 or ft myers.

thank you very much.
Old 06-28-2006, 01:18 PM   #550
Tech Elite

Vegas is west coast. It is the east coast turn.
dj apolaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2006, 01:25 PM   #551
Tech Fanatic

I I agree 2007 should for sure be held on the east coast 05 was in texas and this years was west side.....hopefully we will get some bids for from the east side
robert maestrey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2006, 01:58 PM   #552

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

In my opinion, the ROAR national championship should consist of several races at different venues across the US. Wether it be 3, 5, 9, or whatever.

It never really made sense to me how one race can determine a champion. Usually in most forms of sports a championship consists of many races in a series. AMA SX, AMA MX, F1, NASCAR, Baseball, Football, Hockey, Soccer, etc. They all use a series of events to determine the final champion.

Maybe we as RC racers just need think bigger.

And don't cry to me about the 'cost being out of the reach of the average Joe' Average Joe doesn't have to compete in every event if he choses not to. That would be entirely up to him (or her). This would allow racers of all areas to compete in the ROAR series in their own area. But manufacurers could support the entire series and send their drivers to compete in the ultimate championship. Then in the end, the championship would mean so much more!

Just my 2Ę

BK
mxwrench is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2006, 02:44 PM   #553
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

MXwrench that sounds like a good idea but there is already so many big races around the country where scheduling would conflict. Just of the top of my head the u.s already has GLC, Winter Nats, Texas Biggie, O'donnell, Byron's, Vegas has two big races a year. The Worlds should also be considered since most top drivers for the u.s. also gets sent to the worlds. Then add the fact that most top drivers outside of Swauger and Morganti has electric races.
Francis M. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2006, 02:49 PM   #554
Tech Regular

Dj.. I think Fort Myers is the hot spot for this yrs up coming nats. Keep my figures crossed for that one.
1FastSerpent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2006, 03:07 PM   #555

Quote:
Originally Posted by Francis M.
MXwrench that sounds like a good idea but there is already so many big races around the country where scheduling would conflict. Just of the top of my head the u.s already has GLC, Winter Nats, Texas Biggie, O'donnell, Byron's, Vegas has two big races a year. The Worlds should also be considered since most top drivers for the u.s. also gets sent to the worlds. Then add the fact that most top drivers outside of Swauger and Morganti has electric races.
Perfect, why not sanction all these races ROAR championship races, and integrate them all into one big ROAR Championship series. This would make a great 7-8 race series that would allow all the top racers to compete for the #1 plate so to speak!! And the top drivers from this championship would be eligible to compete at the Worlds.

One possible scenerio:

ROAR National Championship round 1- Florida Winternats Feb.
ROAR National Championship round 2-O'Donnell challenge March
ROAR National Championship round 3-Texas Biggie April
ROAR National Championship round 4-Las Vegas GP May
ROAR National Championship round 5-Airtronics challenge June
ROAR National Championship round 6-Great Lakes challenge July
ROAR National Championship round 7-Toys for Tots race August

Sounds perfectly logical, and feasable to me!!

BK

Last edited by mxwrench; 06-28-2006 at 03:19 PM.
mxwrench is offline   Reply With Quote