R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road

Old 06-27-2006, 05:35 PM   #526
Tech Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by rcfoolz
DerekB wrote: People who say "we're just racing toy cars" are either just doing it as a hobby; and People support their families with these "little toys" and there's more weight to that than internet posters want to think about.

My thought for that is, I buy my cars at a HOBBY shop, so it is MY HOBBY. For those that it is thier JOB, they should be a little more passive and professional. Anybody who gets paid/sponsored is a professional, and should show more respect to those who are not.

I know what happened, I was their. I don't agree 100% with what ROAR decided, and righthandeg6 you seem to be as real as they come. Nothing we can do can change what has been done.

My only thought for all of this is that it takes 2 to tangle and this time 3. All should have the same punishment! It is a Yes or No, did you get involved? Did you fight back or walk away? Robbie did not step back, even after being removed, he went back in!
Should ROAR's decision have an appeal process?
I agree with you that a guy get paid/sponsored should be professional. I see Reedy Race and IFMAR ISTC many times. I see Marc Rheinard, Masami, Hara, etc. They driver professinally. Yes, they got some hack, like last world 2004 heat 2 (final) Marc got Masami in the back. But they didn't have any fight. I am very sure that Masami got upset. But they play smart. If you driving for company A and have a problem with Company B, why don't 2 of you just try to solve the problem professionally. Fighting each others in pitting area with all spectators around you make you and your Company look real bad!

Also, i have heard that the fight got so much into action that make one of the kid table fell apart..I'm not sure that the kid and his mom got hurt or not.
AND I am not sure that after the fight that those sponsored guys who got invovled even go back and say sorry to the kid and the mom. IF not, you shouldn't be hired as a pro...!
nck_nitro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2006, 05:43 PM   #527
Tech Master

Send a message via MSN to richey

I think we have covered all the bases on this and have heard enough can we please move on now.
JoshStevensFoundation.org
richey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2006, 05:55 PM   #528
Tech Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by rcfoolz
DerekB wrote: People who say "we're just racing toy cars" are either just doing it as a hobby; and People support their families with these "little toys" and there's more weight to that than internet posters want to think about.

My thought for that is, I buy my cars at a HOBBY shop, so it is MY HOBBY. For those that it is thier JOB, they should be a little more passive and professional. Anybody who gets paid/sponsored is a professional, and should show more respect to those who are not.

I know what happened, I was their. I don't agree 100% with what ROAR decided, and righthandeg6 you seem to be as real as they come. Nothing we can do can change what has been done.

My only thought for all of this is that it takes 2 to tangle and this time 3. All should have the same punishment! It is a Yes or No, did you get involved? Did you fight back or walk away? Robbie did not step back, even after being removed, he went back in!
Should ROAR's decision have an appeal process?
REGARDING THE SUSPENSION FOR 1 YEAR OR WHATEVER. That's not the best decision at all! Coz let's say that next Year ROAR 2007 held after June...so these guys who got involved can race again??? To my opinion is

1) 1 year suspension

2) After the suspension period ended and it happens to be after June, which means these guys can race... BUT Should the qualify be 6 around...these guys will allow to be compete for only 4 rounds of qualify..

People may hate me about my opinions, but come on, if we want to race just for fun, we can do whatever we want. But if we want to race seriously and you want to get paid/sponsorred, then you gotta be professional. and all rules have to be enforced!
nck_nitro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2006, 06:06 PM   #529
Tech Adept

Send a message via MSN to MechanicJon

Sedan Nats 2006 Crystal Park Raceway
Quote:
Originally Posted by isuzuguy
duz anybody have anymore pictures of the nats?
MechanicJon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2006, 06:21 PM   #530
Tech Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by nck_nitro
REGARDING THE SUSPENSION FOR 1 YEAR OR WHATEVER. That's not the best decision at all! Coz let's say that next Year ROAR 2007 held after June...so these guys who got involved can race again??? To my opinion is

1) 1 year suspension

2) After the suspension period ended and it happens to be after June, which means these guys can race... BUT Should the qualify be 6 around...these guys will allow to be compete for only 4 rounds of qualify..

People may hate me about my opinions, but come on, if we want to race just for fun, we can do whatever we want. But if we want to race seriously and you want to get paid/sponsorred, then you gotta be professional. and all rules have to be enforced!
What are you hoping to accomplish here with your opinion ????
The issue is in the past, what's done is done, by you making an discussion on the subject here and now is pointless. If you don't agree with the decision of our elected ROAR Officials, please notify them of your disagreement or disappointment, we are not on this thread to talk about the incident, we would like to discuss the race.
EJRacer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2006, 06:39 PM   #531
Tech Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by EJRacer
What are you hoping to accomplish here with your opinion ????
The issue is in the past, what's done is done, by you making an discussion on the subject here and now is pointless. If you don't agree with the decision of our elected ROAR Officials, please notify them of your disagreement or disappointment, we are not on this thread to talk about the incident, we would like to discuss the race.
Well said ... We have 2-3 people that have nothing better to do but to continue on with something that's done, it's in the past, it's settled and it's over. Period. I'm sure the other 99.7% of the racers here would enjoy reading about the race and the OutStanding driving skill that Mike & Chris put on display during the A-Main... Wad... Great job in the Outlaw Class too...

RC_Alan

Last edited by rc_alan; 06-27-2006 at 07:53 PM.
rc_alan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2006, 07:56 PM   #532
Tech Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by rc_alan
Well said ... We have 2-3 people that have nothing better to do but to continue on with something that's done, it's in the past, it's settled and it's over. Period. I'm sure the other 99.7% of the racers here would enjoy reading about the race and the OutStanding drive skill that Mike & Chris put on display during the A-Main... Wad... Great job in the Outlaw Class too...

RC_Alan

Guys I agree , maybe if the guys want to keep discussing the incident they should start a thread specidically for that....

Hey by the way congratz to all the winners wish I could have been there maybe next year. Hey has next years site been determined yet, if so where?

Robert Maestrey
robert maestrey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2006, 08:47 PM   #533
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

I vote for Fort Myers Florida!
Old 06-27-2006, 08:55 PM   #534
Tech Regular

dlarry, Did you get my PM about the GLC?
Brian Berry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2006, 09:30 PM   #535
Tech Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by dlarry
I vote for Fort Myers Florida!

I 2nd that vote
robert maestrey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2006, 09:40 PM   #536
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

i vote vegas! i don't think there's been a roar sedan nationals there (as far as i know). it's about time!!
besides, the track and rich is more than capable of running a nats
Derby Bros Racing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2006, 09:43 PM   #537
Tech Fanatic

isn't the next one will be somewhere in the east coast ?
Data is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2006, 09:48 PM   #538
Tech Addict

i believe it rotate s frow west , east, central but im really not sure.
Old 06-27-2006, 09:56 PM   #539
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to Racing4Evo

I hear from everyone that it's going to be at Ft. Meyers. Seems to be the case.
Racing4Evo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2006, 10:00 PM   #540
Tech Rookie

301 raceway.How's about it Whit.
sebby55 is offline   Reply With Quote