Originally Posted by mhuse6969
That was my stunt double!

your sick bud......
robert maestrey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2006, 09:23 PM   #512
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)
Send a message via Yahoo to rcfoolz

DerekB wrote: People who say "we're just racing toy cars" are either just doing it as a hobby; and People support their families with these "little toys" and there's more weight to that than internet posters want to think about.

My thought for that is, I buy my cars at a HOBBY shop, so it is MY HOBBY. For those that it is thier JOB, they should be a little more passive and professional. Anybody who gets paid/sponsored is a professional, and should show more respect to those who are not.

I know what happened, I was their. I don't agree 100% with what ROAR decided, and righthandeg6 you seem to be as real as they come. Nothing we can do can change what has been done.

My only thought for all of this is that it takes 2 to tangle and this time 3. All should have the same punishment! It is a Yes or No, did you get involved? Did you fight back or walk away? Robbie did not step back, even after being removed, he went back in!
Should ROAR's decision have an appeal process?
Old 06-26-2006, 10:36 PM   #513
Tech Elite

I find the argument that competition breeds violence and thats ok cause it makes more of a spectacle and these guys get paid for it quite curious.

Take my line of work, I am an IT contractor and obviously get paid for this. Should I go start a fight with the next guy who beats me to a contract? Or the guy who cuts in line in front of me at the Supermarket?

I enjoy RC racing, and passion and competition is part of it. People get heated and competitive, and that I feel adds to the whole experience. But when that breaks into physical violence, well thats totally crossing the line. It is against the law and all. Arguing the violence is all "part of the sport", well perhaps you should take up hockey.
AMGRacer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2006, 11:39 PM   #514
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)
Default ROAR

There is an interesting news in RevUp_Online April May edition under Region 12.

www.roarracing.com/downloads/RevUP_ONLINE_AprMay_2006.pdf
Old 06-26-2006, 11:52 PM   #515
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Thanks for the link RCscoring. Oh I forgot to congratulate Walter Diaz for finishing 2nd in outlaw behind Cyrul.

I was looking at the times from the sedan A main and the times they were running were pretty close to 1/8th times at that track.
Francis M. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2006, 01:26 AM   #516
wad
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to wad Send a message via MSN to wad

Quote:
Originally Posted by Francis M.
Thanks for the link RCscoring. Oh I forgot to congratulate Walter Diaz for finishing 2nd in outlaw behind Cyrul.

I was looking at the times from the sedan A main and the times they were running were pretty close to 1/8th times at that track.
Thanks Francis !!
Old 06-27-2006, 06:51 AM   #517
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default pictures

doug hays and richie thks ,doug any ideal when the overall standing and or the full results will be posted on the roar site?
isuzuguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2006, 11:03 AM   #518
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrandeGixxer
Derek, I did say "most of us." I know most of the big names were at the race, I also know quite a few people that were there are not associated with any sort of sponsorship. I was not saying that nobody's livelyhood was at stake. Maybe people need to think about that before they make decisions. Hmm, if I get into a fight with this guy, what is my employer going to think about it? If I can't go to a race because I got suspended because of something that I did, how am I going to make money? I was not there. I do not know the whole story, probably not even half of it. I am just giving my opinions on if this were to happen anywhere I am racing. I think it really sucks that it did happen. I have always found Robbie to be very laid back and very helpful.

Like I said, if we all thought every action through to the end there would be no bad decisions. But hindsight is 20/20, that's the easy part.

Also being provoked and starting something is worse than the action sometimes. You can be in somebody's face with intent to get them to react. The most professional or "adult" action would have been for both of them to walk away, but that didn't work out like our "internet, I'm above that dreams" are. Stuff happens, and the punishment has been given. It's what it is. Was OJ guilty?
Old 06-27-2006, 12:21 PM   #519
Tech Elite

Send a message via AIM to Dawn Sanchez

Quote:
Originally Posted by RRRoy23
There is an interesting news in RevUp_Online April May edition under Region 12.

www.roarracing.com/downloads/RevUP_ONLINE_AprMay_2006.pdf

What is it you find so interesting?
Dawn Sanchez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2006, 12:56 PM   #520
Tech Master

Send a message via MSN to richey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dawn Sanchez
Probably that Arizona is no longer in Reg 12 and Hawaii is, that would be my guess.
JoshStevensFoundation.org
richey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2006, 01:06 PM   #521
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

Quote:
I think he's pointing out on the region 12 directors.
FREELANCE_RCer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2006, 01:21 PM   #522
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Quote:
Robbie Collins is the Asst. On Road Fuel Director........
Old 06-27-2006, 01:42 PM   #523
Tech Master

Send a message via MSN to richey

Robbie was appointed the assistant region director in January of 2006. It was put on the RevUP during that issue.
JoshStevensFoundation.org
richey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2006, 01:48 PM   #524
Tech Elite

I sent the results to the webmaster, he will post them shortly.

I did post this link the day of the race

www.rcscoringpro.com/roar/results.pdf

I do need to zero the laps of the people involved in the post race incident. I was announcing at the time, so I didn't see a thing.

Good luck to Matt and the other guys racing at the Worlds next week! Paul LeMieux leaves on Wednesday, Billy Easton leaves Saturday.

Official software of: ROAR Nationals, IIC, Cactus Classic, Indoor Champs, Reedy Race and Trackside Hobbies in Brookfield, WI!
RC Scoring Pro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2006, 01:55 PM   #525
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)
Thumbs up

I have to say that we may be getting just slightly out of hand with this arguement over the Nats incident. Robbie was kicking azz in that race before the incident and would have taken the win. I was there with my son and we saw what went down from the track to the pits. Yah, it could've been handled better but it didn't strike any fear in me or my son. My son and I discussed this issue and he understands why this turned out the way it did; because we are passionate about racing these cars! These are not "just toys." I feel that the Roar decision was not completely just; everyone involved should've gotten an equal amount of suspension or probation, but definitely not for 1 year. 90 dayz suspension for everyone and that's it. It may be sick, but those that were involved just validated my own experience and passion with racing. Now I know others are sick like myself-I'm not alone in my addiction anymore. Thanks guys for an exciting weekend and congrats to the winners.