R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road

Old 06-25-2006, 07:46 PM   #481
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

I would , because I was. Sorry But choking someone across the pits And Only recieving 90 days. Gimmie a break.
OK, Maxy started a intence conversation,,,,ok ,, do you suspend someone for that?? I know this is old news to most of us, But I just don't see the punishment fit for the Crime. But go figure.
1FastSerpent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2006, 08:08 PM   #482
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 17 (95%+)
Send a message via AIM to W.E.D.Jim

I know Maxy well and have for years, I think this is VERY out of character, he would not initiate anything more then a heated discussion at best. But anything is possible I suppose, not sure who is highly credible and who is not, but for ROAR to say they can not post about the incident on the internet?

Toy car racing...

...Jim
"Nothing but the best!"
W.E.D.Jim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2006, 11:05 PM   #483
Tech Master

Send a message via Yahoo to rcracerdude

derbybrosracing.com
rcracerdude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2006, 02:10 AM   #484
Tech Initiate

Default Let it go.....its ok:) I had a great time at the nationals.

First of all I just wanted to thank James Reese and everyone who made this race possible. We had the nationals at Crystal Park and I thought it was the bomb. From the very first day in practice I knew this was going to be an interesting weekend. People upset with the pitting situation, which really turned out to not be so bad. Then there was the faces of drivers driving for teams they didn't previously. I had the privledge of getting in on the burgers at the Taylor camp once but that was snuffed out by the second day. I was impressed by how well the sessions were carried out with everything that was going on. Oh yes the final main was quite exciting to say the least. Lets see I think that sums up my synopsis of the nats in my eyes. Oh yes how could I have forgot. Was there really a fight? LOL Personally I think it made the event even more exciting. I don't feel like I am going to be in any additional danger at future events. Nor would that even be in the back of my mind. Yes I agree what happened probably should have been dealt with differently, but get this. We are racers, we are competitive people or else we would not be out in the middle of some parking lot, with the heat from the sun murdering our skin. I know I wouldn't be there without a race thats for sure. The people involved are not bad people whom we would fear in any normal situation. They were all part of this great competition and things got out of hand. One year of suspension seems pretty brutal. As far as this having a negative effect on racing in the future, thats all to be determined when we get there. I don't think it will hurt a thing, in fact with all the controversy it will probably give it a little boost. 90 days for everyone seems reasonable since everyone has there own point of view how would you be able to determine the unwilling from the willing. Give them all the same punishment and move on...or not whatever. All the mighty power stuff so where's the next race anyway? And yes I would like to see this sport grow to become bigger and better for everyone.

See YA at the races!!!!!!
righthandeg6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2006, 05:59 AM   #485
Tech Addict

Default pictures

duz anybody have anymore pictures of the nats?
isuzuguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2006, 01:07 PM   #486
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1FastSerpent
Here is the best laugh you could possibly get at this event..
http://www.roarracing.com/downloads/...ne_18_2006.pdf

Now I know what happened because I was standing Right beside the 2 when it happened, And I think you may have gotten this one backwards. Or Robbie Just has Alot Of $$$ to throw around. Just my 2 cent.Not that it matters.
you know, i think you might be on to something

if you recall, didn't collins cause a problem with Rafael A.? also, i know that he also threatened Dan. D that if he went to the Nats, there was going to be problems. i don't know what problems he has with other people that it seems like you hear his name associated with problems! and then they state" he was an unwilling participant"!

the one thing i don't like about the whole incident is that from my understanding, Collins drives and works for Mugen. Fine! but it is my understanding as well that the head ROAR guys are distributors for Mugen.......

definately leaves a big HMMMM..................
speedracer1129 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2006, 02:17 PM   #487
Tech Master

Quote:
but it is my understanding as well that the head ROAR guys are distributors for Mugen
I had no intention to make any comment on this issue in any shape or form, EVER but,
Woah wait a second. If you read the memo Mike abstained from any part of the decision made. I think it is unfair to throw that comment at him. Wether you have feelings about the issue one way or the other, that ain't right, wether you like Mike or Not.
Old 06-26-2006, 03:06 PM   #488
Tech Elite

Send a message via AIM to SOLOARTIST 702
Default hmm

lets not get carried away gentlemen its a done deal we all race at different tracks some people are for the decision and some are against if we keep it going there will be issues at more races this was not that big a deal look at your local news we have other things to deal with lets just do what we said HAVE FUN ,FUN & MORE FUN
RC AMERICA / XRAY / HUDY/ MATRIX TIRES /KOPROPO / ORCAN GT3 /RED CUP RACING MEMBER / SPEEWORLD RACEWAY/ A+ performance parts /IVE SEEN THE XRAY TEAM DRIVE SO I GOT XRAY CARS / better to keep up than to catch up

WILLIAM PENDERGRASS
SOLOARTIST 702 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2006, 03:44 PM   #489
Tech Rookie

Regarding the incident that happened on June 18, 2006, to me I think it shouldn't be happened at all, for those who involved are in professional level and representing the company image. If I were the company owner, I would give them a warning with a suspension from sponsorship for 1 year. No race, No free stuff, etc. You gotta be work at the office only! Yes, winning a race make company look good. But that's not everything. They are combinations of driving skill, knowledge, image, personality, relationship....etc.

About hacking during the race, again, whoever involved are in professional level with a BIG COMPANY NAME on your shirt! Whatever you do, please think it throughly. Why don't we just try to drive professionally so that both of your companies can make sell on your products. Remember in such a big event like this, they are lot of outsiders who come and watch the race. Do you want a dad telling his son that "Hey son, let's go...I don't want you to get into this kind of hobby, let's do some other things..."

Final Thoughts: Drivers whatever you do, please think it throughly. Your action is not only affect you, but others as well. Some companies has been building their reputations over a decade. Don't let them down!

-nck

P.S. Professional RC Driver doesn't only mean that you drive fast and then you can become a pro.

Last edited by nck_nitro; 06-26-2006 at 03:56 PM.
nck_nitro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2006, 03:53 PM   #490
Tech Elite

Default HMM

THIS DOES NOT SEEM LIKE THE FORUM TO DISCUSS the matter race was great bottom line
RC AMERICA / XRAY / HUDY/ MATRIX TIRES /KOPROPO / ORCAN GT3 /RED CUP RACING MEMBER / SPEEWORLD RACEWAY/ A+ performance parts /IVE SEEN THE XRAY TEAM DRIVE SO I GOT XRAY CARS / better to keep up than to catch up

WILLIAM PENDERGRASS
Old 06-26-2006, 03:55 PM   #491
Tech Elite

Default hmm

love is in the air pictures of the nats soon to come

WILLIAM PENDERGRASS

Last edited by SOLOARTIST 702; 12-25-2010 at 10:24 AM.
Old 06-26-2006, 04:00 PM   #492
Tech Initiate

Thumbs up

Any father that would tell their son not to race RC because of a fight or some hacking needs to grow some balls before they raise another homo. You guys are all acting like a bunch of little girls. We aren't racing indy and I think true grudges are all part of racing. Rubbing is racing well so included are the fights in the pits. You guys don't ever watch nascar. I have to say there are some fights in the pitts, which generate more fans. RC needs some fans so the sport can grow. You guys that are so concerned with safety at an RC race. If your for real then you guys are a bunch of pussies. Real grudges makes for real good racing.....
righthandeg6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2006, 04:30 PM   #493
Tech Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by righthandeg6
Any father that would tell their son not to race RC because of a fight or some hacking needs to grow some balls before they raise another homo. You guys are all acting like a bunch of little girls. We aren't racing indy and I think true grudges are all part of racing. Rubbing is racing well so included are the fights in the pits. You guys don't ever watch nascar. I have to say there are some fights in the pitts, which generate more fans. RC needs some fans so the sport can grow. You guys that are so concerned with safety at an RC race. If your for real then you guys are a bunch of pussies. Real grudges makes for real good racing.....
"I have to say there are some fights in the pitts, which generate more fans. "

So you encourage to have some fights so that we'll get more fans into RC?

If your statement is reasonable, why didn't ROAR put this into one of the rules then? You tell me!
==========
Nascar fighting? Yes, I saw it before. And to my opinion, which I am entitled to, that's how we act here(low-class). Have you ever seen those F-1 guys fighting in pit? Very rare..... And with this 2 comparison, I am asking you which race more people watch in this WORLD (F-1 or Nascar)? You tell me! LOL
nck_nitro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2006, 06:01 PM   #494
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Let get back into some racing. Here's some pics for isuzuguy.
Attached Thumbnails
2006 1/10 Fuel On Road Nationals. Info.-img_3411.jpg   2006 1/10 Fuel On Road Nationals. Info.-img_3387.jpg   2006 1/10 Fuel On Road Nationals. Info.-img_3442.jpg   2006 1/10 Fuel On Road Nationals. Info.-img_3440.jpg   2006 1/10 Fuel On Road Nationals. Info.-nats3.jpg  

Old 06-26-2006, 06:06 PM   #495
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

More photos:
Attached Thumbnails
2006 1/10 Fuel On Road Nationals. Info.-img_3376.jpg   2006 1/10 Fuel On Road Nationals. Info.-img_3342.jpg   2006 1/10 Fuel On Road Nationals. Info.-img_3346.jpg   2006 1/10 Fuel On Road Nationals. Info.-img_3364.jpg   2006 1/10 Fuel On Road Nationals. Info.-img_3357.jpg