Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Serpent 720

Search this Thread

Old 09-05-2008, 05:33 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by mc_chofo
can u tell me how much at end play? .5, .4? or less? my problems begun when i changed my engine i think that might be my probme, longer stroke, i think i have to use less endplay

i don't measure my end play , i just make sure it spins freely and does'nt move back and forth much..probably about .1

Last edited by s10dude; 09-12-2008 at 05:46 AM.
Old 09-09-2008, 10:21 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Can anyone answer this. I have my 720/08 and I got a set of new springs and in the manual it shows that you use front springs in the rear also, when I did that I can not get ant ride hight. the shocks are the same length.
Old 09-09-2008, 10:29 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)

Originally Posted by gearhead_22
Can anyone answer this. I have my 720/08 and I got a set of new springs and in the manual it shows that you use front springs in the rear also, when I did that I can not get ant ride hight. the shocks are the same length.
I think the spring length is different. Which is why you may not get the height yo uwant.
Old 09-09-2008, 11:11 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Use rear springs (longer) in the rear.
Old 09-09-2008, 11:41 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Derby Bros Racing
Use rear springs (longer) in the rear.
that's what I have been using I was just wondering why the manual showed using front on the rear.
Old 09-09-2008, 11:43 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Must have been a typo...
Old 09-09-2008, 03:42 PM
Tech Regular

i use front's all round but i changed the retainer clips in back for more spring height...easier to use all same spring's at race...no mix up in height..there is one set of clips that has longer height than stock ones in box .ther not the smooth ones they are the ones w/X or cross bars on bottom..
Old 09-09-2008, 04:10 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by s10dude
i use front's all round but i changed the retainer clips in back for more spring height...easier to use all same spring's at race...no mix up in height..there is one set of clips that has longer height than stock ones in box .ther not the smooth ones they are the ones w/X or cross bars on bottom..
thanks I know the ones you are talking about
Old 09-09-2008, 04:19 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

i got my 720 used. when setting it up, i found i could only get about -5 mm rear droop using droop blocks. looked in the manual, said each shock should be 68mm length front and rear. i couldnt get any more droop out of the rear like this. so i lengthened them to 70mm but the amount of thread wasnt strong enough at the shock end. so now i got a set of long shock shafts in the rear shocks, with the long spring set, and i can now go as much as -1 droop on the rear . but i set it up at -3.
shock length now is 72mm.
Old 09-09-2008, 04:24 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Pattojnr
i got my 720 used. when setting it up, i found i could only get about -5 mm rear droop using droop blocks. looked in the manual, said each shock should be 68mm length front and rear. i couldnt get any more droop out of the rear like this. so i lengthened them to 70mm but the amount of thread wasnt strong enough at the shock end. so now i got a set of long shock shafts in the rear shocks, with the long spring set, and i can now go as much as -1 droop on the rear . but i set it up at -3.
shock length now is 72mm.
Yeah, this happens... The fix like you mentioned is either longer shock shaft (From 960), or longer shock case (From 960), or both.
Old 09-10-2008, 10:24 PM
Tech Adept

hi i'm trying to make my own centax 3 shoes, but i red i don't remember where that a great material to do that was Rulon, but since i can not find it here i have tought in Nylamidİ 901, and i just saw a murnan's website a centax shoe that looked like Celoron also know as Micarta, durante, Dilecto. i don't know if you have seen this Celoron it's a material that looks like wood but it's not wood which is used mostly for big machine gearing. wha do u think, or the best thing is keep using the yellow shoes from serpent?
Old 09-11-2008, 04:27 PM
Tech Initiate

hi i'm trying to make my own centax 3 shoes, but i red i don't remember where that a great material to do that was Rulon, but since i can not find it here i have tought in Nylamidİ 901, and i just saw a murnan's website a centax shoe that looked like Celoron also know as Micarta, durante, Dilecto. i don't know if you have seen this Celoron it's a material that looks like wood but it's not wood which is used mostly for big machine gearing. wha do u think, or the best thing is keep using the yellow shoes from serpent?

If you have the time to make your own then it's always nice to experiment.
Old 09-11-2008, 08:51 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

i know celeron is from intel, duratec is from audi (or ford, i've forgotten), n pyramid is in egypt..! jk, dun b mad...
Old 09-11-2008, 09:08 PM
Tech Regular

Might be a stupid question but im trying to fully understand clutch end play. Now if u all set ur end play as suggested and u fully assemble ur clutch back together . Say for example im looking at ur car, can i with my hand physically move the bell about in and out about 0.5mm? Im just wondering if my clutch is set wrong all this time. Will explain more when someone answers. thanks!
Old 09-11-2008, 09:12 PM
Tech Regular

Well there is always the optional shoe from serpent. The red one. Also i see zeppin racing has their optional ones. Im not sure its from a different material. Check it here
http://rc-mushroom.com/advanced_sear...6999aa&x=0&y=0

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.