Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Serpent 720

Search this Thread

Old 08-15-2008, 01:36 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by the_geeky
Why dont you show us some proof, just because you say it doesnt make it fact. Its just your usual crap, always stirring up sh!t.
Oh, even got a new login to flame me here, huh. How cute!

I don't know what this has to do with stirring up shit. Serpent have even published a pretty detailed statement on RedRc.

So, why don't you crawl back under the rock you came from and s.t.f.u.
Old 08-15-2008, 01:43 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by dj apolaro
I think it is foolish to assume that any manufacture is doing good or bad in the current economy. These types of post do not help the image. I think Companies make moves to try and better a sutuation and that appears to be what Serpent is doing. Yes I am a Serpent driver, however I will not pretent to know the facts. I make assumption just like the rest. I think things are going to be better, since now they are alligning themselves similar to their competition. This only makes for better business and better customer support in the very near future. They did not go the Worlds for this very reason. Michael stayed back to help get everything completed as fast as possible. They are making this transition as smooth as possible so that the costumer will not even notice.

DJ Apolaro

Kinda contradicts your earlier post where you stated:
"Yes, I wish to know also. I must say they had a small team, missing Michael, Paolo and Billy. Hopefully Mark, Sahashi or the italian kid can get in.

DJ"

You, not telling the truth, also doesn't really help the company image.

I never wrote this to bash Serpent and my Avatar is an inside joke with a buddy serpent team driver who has the same just the opposite way.

But it's the facts, if you believe me or not.

The Dutch guy MH7 telling you that Renee Cornella could be back soon, should make it a bit more real to you.

Further, the main players missing a WC should also tell you that the are not having a minor glitch to sort out.

There is no serpent factory support in Lisbon and team drivers have to share the few parts they brought. We got info, that some of them are close to not being able to fix their cars after another crash, since they didn't bring much in expectation of Serpent being there.

You would think that thy had informed their drivers if this was not a last minute emergency.

But what do I know?

So chill out
just my 2 cents.

Last edited by stefan; 08-15-2008 at 01:55 PM.
Old 08-15-2008, 01:56 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by stefan
Kinda contradicts your earlier post where you stated:
"Yes, I wish to know also. I must say they had a small team, missing Michael, Paolo and Billy. Hopefully Mark, Sahashi or the italian kid can get in.

DJ"

You, not telling the truth, also doesn't really help the company image.

I never wrote this to bash Serpent and my Avatar is an inside joke with a buddy serpent team driver who has the same just the opposite way.

But it's the facts, if you believe me or not.

The Dutch guy MH7 telling you that Renee Cornella could be back soon, should make it a bit more real to you.

So chill out
just my 2 cents.

That whole statement I responded to was talking about the lack of serpent being in the top of the worlds and had nothing to do with your implications about Serpent as a company. You turned the conversation around.

One thing I am not is liar. As far as what I am for the serpent image. I will let you develope your own opinion. We all have opinions which makes this a great web site. I will not respond to any other statements in this matter and hope it goes away. We all know that there is change going on, but how it will turn out none of us know. I personally do not know you and have nothing to say about you.

Regards,

DJ Apolaro -
Old 08-15-2008, 02:17 PM
Tech Elite

Drop it DJ, it wont end. Just focus on the worlds!
Old 08-15-2008, 06:12 PM
Tech Regular

Drama....Drama...Drama.....whew!..................
Old 08-16-2008, 06:14 AM
Tech Fanatic

Looks like my avatar has been hijacked !
Old 08-16-2008, 06:40 AM
Tech Elite

Unfortunately, yes!

Is this Mark P.?
Hey Stefan, no that's my twin Bro it's hard to tell us apart sometimes
Old 08-16-2008, 02:51 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Hi DJ, I am pretty sure you know why, but if not, Serpent is in deep sh!t. The just let all their personell in Holland go, the only people left are Michael, Ronald and one other guy. Even Renee Cornella is gone. Great thing is, that they helped all their former employees to find other jobs in the industry, so it seems no one is unemployed.

Further, Serpent USA needed financial aid from Serpent HQ in the past and they were anything but quick with the pay back, which got Serpent on the brink of bankruptcy.

All of their production has been moved to Asia now and they are really struggling at the moment, so I guess, there was simply no budget for the worlds.
i can confirm everything stefan is saying.
I live close to the factory and heard the entire story from first hand.
Parts are real scarse right now and so are
engines and xceed tyres.
But i think serpent will make it, ronald and micheal are really determind to make it work.
Old 08-17-2008, 07:45 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

to skip a world race just to make sure they (serpent) can be stay back aligned to support their customers r a great move... we all know serpent closed down their factory in holland n moving it to asia, but that doesn't mean it's in deep shit... a lot of factories closed down n move to asia but they r not bankrupt, they even make more profit then ever as the cost gone down n better sales figure... any1 has been doing real business will know this... any business major transition will cause some hickup in their daily production, marketing, logistic progress, but the best option is to minimise the hickup... ther r world races every year... just "take a break n have a kit kat"...
Old 08-17-2008, 09:23 AM
Tech Master

believe what you want to believe, but i know a lot more facts about the entire situation, but in respect of serpent i will not post them here.
Old 08-17-2008, 11:07 PM
Tech Addict

I think only time will tell!

for us we have to stop with Serpent!

with the factory only 30minutes away from us they could not supply us normaly.
so now they try it from Asia it even will be worse.
Old 08-17-2008, 11:24 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by the_geeky
Why dont you show us some proof, just because you say it doesnt make it fact. Its just your usual crap, always stirring up sh!t.
I hope you keep reading here smart alec.

Guess where you come from it's normal to shoot the bearer of bad news, huh? Still lynching too?
Old 08-17-2008, 11:47 PM
Tech Master

I am sure Serpent are smart enough to do what they need to do in this economic climate. They have been around a long time & think they will be around a lot longer. I think people need to be a little bit careful speculating that the company is in trouble, rumours of trouble can erode peoples confidence & drive them away from a product. It would be tragic if people that are or considering running a Serpent car changed to Kyosho or similar because of gossip. Especialy from a distributor Border R/C
Old 08-17-2008, 11:54 PM
Tech Addict

I know this sounds hard.

but once again time will tell.

for us there is no other reaction then to do this for the coming year.
hope they make it love to support a Dutch company
Old 08-18-2008, 12:00 AM
Tech Master

Time will tell, I just dont see the point of kicking Serpent while they are restructuring. I would hate to see damage caused by gossip.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.