Serpent 720

Old 06-09-2008, 10:26 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Dpepin
I am building my 720 '08 and was looking for the Starter box support 720 and I can't seem to find it. My question his is this part supplied with the kit or do we have to buy it separately?

Thanks,
but unfortunately, the mount will only works with 1400 series starter box... it won't work with their latest powerstart design...
Old 06-09-2008, 04:43 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Sparx
Tried it as JPG instead
Thanks!

By the way, I asked Mark Green about the Civic, he thinks the marked holes on the front are too far in towards the windshield, especially for a large wide track.
Old 06-09-2008, 05:28 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by neltime64
DJ,

Is this setting with the 909518 or 909520 1.8 spring?
909518 spring.

Now that they have the new 909520 spring that also have a new flywheel nut that is also longer, just like the spring. If you are using both new items than the measurements are about the same. If not go 1mm less as a starting point.

DJ Apolaro
Old 06-09-2008, 08:15 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally Posted by dj apolaro
909518 spring.

Now that they have the new 909520 spring that also have a new flywheel nut that is also longer, just like the spring. If you are using both new items than the measurements are about the same. If not go 1mm less as a starting point.

DJ Apolaro
Thanks!!
Old 06-12-2008, 09:10 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default 720'08 engine monoblock

OK I was all happy and getting ready to put the pipe on the car just to find out the header doesn't fit pass the the belt tensioner bracket, I will either have to shim part of the header or part of the bracket. I have an RB R3 engine with an RB pipe, is that normal or am I doing something wrong?

Thanks for your help.
Old 06-12-2008, 11:23 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Dpepin
OK I was all happy and getting ready to put the pipe on the car just to find out the header doesn't fit pass the the belt tensioner bracket, I will either have to shim part of the header or part of the bracket. I have an RB R3 engine with an RB pipe, is that normal or am I doing something wrong?

Thanks for your help.
Yes, for some pipe-engine combi you may get this problem, just trim a bit off the bracket and a bit off the header flange.
Old 06-13-2008, 03:03 AM
Tech Adept

Hi Dj,

It's to know some tips about the Centax 3 WC...
Do you use the red or the yellow clutch shoe ?
And what are your setting about centax ?

Regards
Old 06-14-2008, 09:42 AM
Tech Adept

Nobody can help me ??
Old 06-15-2008, 06:32 AM
Tech Regular

i use the stock 1.8 spring and yellow shoe (med grip track ) and my setting is between 1.25 and 1.60 on a OS 12TZ 3p motor. i also use my fly weight's on the post's.. hope this help's...
Old 06-15-2008, 07:07 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Manu_05'
Hi Dj,

It's to know some tips about the Centax 3 WC...
Do you use the red or the yellow clutch shoe ?
And what are your setting about centax ?

Regards
Use the same clutch set up with the new WC. Use the yellow shoe. As for tips give me some time. I am on Vacation till the 21st. I will give more help after that. I just saw you asking for help 2 times here and wanted to answer you with something for now.

DJ Apolaro
Old 06-15-2008, 11:13 PM
Tech Adept

Okay, no problem

Thanks
Old 06-16-2008, 01:02 AM
Tech Adept

Default Civic and EFRA rules

Hello all,
Last Saturday while preparing the car setup for the 3rd national race, I tested the Civic body. I started practising with the Stratus and at a point where the setup was at an acceptable level but not perfect yet, I switched to Civic. The lap times were improved by 0.1-0.2 and became more consistent. Therefore, I continued with Civic. The same experience had another team driver who continued with Civic too.
However, there is an issue with the EFRA rules and I would like to have your suggestions.
EFRA says that the top of the roof must be between 120mm and 170mm, measured with a 10mm spacer under the chassis.
I did the holes on the marks and I cut the body on the marked lines. I also put the wing as it is marked.
I used the default pins and plastic cups on the body posts to hold the body.
I put the rear pins on the lowest holes in the rear body posts and the front pins in the lowest holes on the front body posts. With this setup the body looks perfect seated on the car but the roof level is below the minimum 120mm. It is about 11.5mm. In order to make it compliant I used the second hole from the bottom on the rear body posts. Then the roof level was exactly at 120mm. But, the wing needed more cut to comply with the rule and the rear wheel cuts were not correct, since the body was raised by one hole on the rear. Also if the wing is put on the premarked holes then it is seated far front from the maximum allowed point, so I opened new holes about 10mm in front of the existing ones and the wing seated 4mm behind the rear bumper, while it is allowed to go 6mm more backwards for more rear stability.
Another solution for the roof level was to raise the front end by one hole on the front body posts but then the bumper was visible under the body, since it was cut on the premarked line and it should be cut lower than that.
Please let me know how you put the body on your 720s.
Thanks in advance
Old 06-16-2008, 09:16 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by etgdpu
Hello all,
Last Saturday while preparing the car setup for the 3rd national race, I tested the Civic body. I started practising with the Stratus and at a point where the setup was at an acceptable level but not perfect yet, I switched to Civic. The lap times were improved by 0.1-0.2 and became more consistent. Therefore, I continued with Civic. The same experience had another team driver who continued with Civic too.
However, there is an issue with the EFRA rules and I would like to have your suggestions.
EFRA says that the top of the roof must be between 120mm and 170mm, measured with a 10mm spacer under the chassis.
I did the holes on the marks and I cut the body on the marked lines. I also put the wing as it is marked.
I used the default pins and plastic cups on the body posts to hold the body.
I put the rear pins on the lowest holes in the rear body posts and the front pins in the lowest holes on the front body posts. With this setup the body looks perfect seated on the car but the roof level is below the minimum 120mm. It is about 11.5mm. In order to make it compliant I used the second hole from the bottom on the rear body posts. Then the roof level was exactly at 120mm. But, the wing needed more cut to comply with the rule and the rear wheel cuts were not correct, since the body was raised by one hole on the rear. Also if the wing is put on the premarked holes then it is seated far front from the maximum allowed point, so I opened new holes about 10mm in front of the existing ones and the wing seated 4mm behind the rear bumper, while it is allowed to go 6mm more backwards for more rear stability.
Another solution for the roof level was to raise the front end by one hole on the front body posts but then the bumper was visible under the body, since it was cut on the premarked line and it should be cut lower than that.
Please let me know how you put the body on your 720s.
Thanks in advance
I just finished my Civic but I installed it according to BRCA rules (115mm minimum roof height) but have not tried to get it to comply with EFRA rules.

If you say with the rear posts 1 hole up you get 120mm then this is all that is needed. No need to put the front holes up, leave them where they are now.

Both EFRA and IFMAR rules will require that your wing is level or below with the highest point of the roof so yes, your wing will need to be trimmed. The marked lines are not always valid for every rule plus rules can change.
Old 06-16-2008, 11:12 AM
Tech Adept

Thanks mate,
I used it in the race with the rear on the second hole (from the bottom) and the front to the lowest.
Here it is before the race (and the changes).

And here it is in action during the race, where I entered sixth in the A main with 4 other 720s. I finished 9th due to a loose screw on the centax clutch bell and I lost 5 laps in the start of the race, which I did not manage to unlap them all.

Paintjob by King_D

Last edited by etgdpu; 06-16-2008 at 11:21 AM. Reason: Wrong photo links
Old 06-16-2008, 12:18 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by Manu_05'
Nobody can help me ??
Sorry, just saw it, but DJ already answer

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.