Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road
traxxas jato ez start problem help!!!! >

traxxas jato ez start problem help!!!!

traxxas jato ez start problem help!!!!

Old 08-15-2010, 12:32 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default traxxas jato ez start problem help!!!!

hellow all i ave a question that no one can answer so maybe you guys can

ok i have had rc cars my whole life and i got into nitro about 4 years ago.i started out with a duratrax raze and it wasnt my favorite then i got a jato 3.3 3 years later.by far my favorite car runs on raod fine untill yesterday.

well it started when the famouse blue wire got abliterated so i got a new one and when i went to start it it didnt do anything motor light was on but glow plug light wasnt but the motor wouldnt turn so i took it to my lhs and we tried there ez starter on it and it did the same thing i would take this to traxxas but unfortinantly they are closed right now. so maybe you guys will kno please help

thanks
Old 08-15-2010, 12:39 PM
Tech Addict

If the electric start motor isn't turning then you don't have power running to that motor.

That's what I'd check first. Make sure you have it wired correctly.
Old 08-15-2010, 12:41 PM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

pull the glow plug and try to spin the motor...
Old 08-15-2010, 12:45 PM
Tech Adept

well its got to be wired correctly because the only wire that has ever been removed is the blur one and i took the spark pluge out earlyer and tried it and still had the same problem if thats what you mean weve tried new spark plugs old spark plugs new ez starters and it still wont work thats whats got me
Old 08-15-2010, 01:06 PM
Tech Adept

grr ok so now i puller off the motor wires and put them back on and it turned the mitor but still no glow plug light took out the golow plug and the glow plug wouldnt start up what the heck
Old 08-15-2010, 01:15 PM
Tech Addict

easy fix...use a standard glow igniter for the glow plug. I know you shouldn't have to, but if it gets you going...

Make sure the wire is firmly attached to the glow plug as well. Use a pair of needle nose pliers to press it on as tight as you can.

Your glow plug should glow orange/red when it's functioning properly. If it does not even with a standard glow igniter, then the glow plug is bad.
Old 04-17-2012, 12:52 AM
Tech Rookie

I just got my jato today and have tge same problem i used 2 different glow plugs and the glow plug light still wont turn on