Quote:
Originally Posted by ogreasurada
Shooter already has their version in production:
hmmm something for the winter to put on
Old 09-16-2006, 11:11 PM   #1412
Tech Champion

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

There is another version part #802162 Alu hard coated middle shaft which is very light, lighter than part #802163
Team Kamikaze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2006, 04:48 AM   #1413
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Skyline has an option middle shaft as well. Hollow steel....

http://skylinercracing.com/store/P_84.htm
Derby Bros Racing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2006, 03:47 PM   #1414
Tech Adept

Quote:
Originally Posted by neltime64
I recently had a driver error problem/brain dump with my Centax III for my S720 that I need some assistance with. For some reason, my clutch keeps wearing out my clutch shoes and leaving a patch of dust residue behind. Afterwards, I replaced everything and rebuilt according to the manual and same thing. I've built the clutch before without any problem in the past. What am I doing wrong?

Motor: Mega ZX-12
Spring: Hard spring
Shoe: Yellow
I had the same exact problem when I ran my 720 for the first time. My problem was that the spring tension was too tight. Of course, you have to check the shims in between the shoe and the bell as well. There should only be about one thread showing when you tighten the spring.
Luke W is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2006, 08:07 PM   #1415
Tech Rookie

I run the 720 started with stock settings, I could not get the rear end of the car having sufficient grip. The 720 had a strong tendancy to loose rear grip on-throttle.

What do you think I should do to correct it?
gerardo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2006, 08:20 PM   #1416
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Tires are very important and is about 60 to 70% of the setup. Have you tried softer compound in the rear? You can also go to a lighter rear diff oil to help aid the on throttle oversteer. Adding a little more rear toe in should also help.
Derby Bros Racing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2006, 01:29 AM   #1417
Tech Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by neltime64
I recently had a driver error problem/brain dump with my Centax III for my S720 that I need some assistance with. For some reason, my clutch keeps wearing out my clutch shoes and leaving a patch of dust residue behind. Afterwards, I replaced everything and rebuilt according to the manual and same thing. I've built the clutch before without any problem in the past. What am I doing wrong?

Motor: Mega ZX-12
Spring: Hard spring
Shoe: Yellow

It sounds like clutch slip. Sounds like you know what to do since you've built it correctly in the past.

First thing I would do? Try another clutch bell. A crappy clutch bell will eat up a shoe in just the way you describe. If you've cleaned the current one and problems persists, get a new bell. Even if it looks clean, it may not be. Suggest you not use the lightened bell, go with normal until the problem is fixed. Also, I found with the Centax III the spacer at the front of the assembly wears down, which creates a groove and the bell gets 'stuck'. Replace this part if this is the case. Also the plate the shoe sits on (the one pushed by the flyweights) warps over time. Sand the back of the plate to ensure it is flat and has a rough surface when done. If it is warped, replace it.

Post more data like your spring and gap settings. How are you measuring these distances? Caliper?

Good luck.

Last edited by going4#1; 09-20-2006 at 11:12 PM.
going4#1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2006, 06:13 AM   #1418
B4
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jo Gutierrez

I'd be very interested if anyone finds a performance / longevity improvement by using the shafts or new chassis. I went down this path of upgrading everything when i had my 710 and in the end realized i'd just wasted my money.

With the 720 I couldn't be happier with the car. Every track i have been to since having it i have been significantly quicker and more consistent than i was with the RRR.
B4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2006, 06:22 AM   #1419
B4
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Just wanted to pass on the result of something that happened during racing on Sunday. I was lapping someone and didn't get a very good launch out of the corner and the other car caught me on the fast straight and hit me in the RR wheel. We both launched in the air directly under the drivers stand. It looked very nasty indeed. I ended up doing another lap but had to bring it in as the front left corner was scraping.

On the way back to my pit table several people followed to see the damage as they thought it must have been almost totaled after seeing it from the vantage point. I took the shell off and all that happened was the bottom of the shock got popped off the ball. To say i was amazed as they were is an understatment.

I had a 710 and you only had to glance a barrier or similiar and it would break parts.
B4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2006, 09:38 AM   #1420
Tech Adept

Hi

I'm having problems with my new 720. I has too much oversteer. Satuday I raced with tires 42 (front) and 37 (rear), 3 degrees of rear toe in, red coils (front) and white coils (rear). With this setup I get some grip on the rear, but not like I had on my 710. With the default setup is simple impossible to drive the car. Any hints?

Regards

Eduardo
eduardo_garcia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2006, 09:40 AM   #1421
Tech Adept

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jo Gutierrez

What is the weight difference between this optional and the standard shaft?
Old 09-18-2006, 09:56 AM   #1422
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by eduardo_garcia
Hi

I'm having problems with my new 720. I has too much oversteer. Satuday I raced with tires 42 (front) and 37 (rear), 3 degrees of rear toe in, red coils (front) and white coils (rear). With this setup I get some grip on the rear, but not like I had on my 710. With the default setup is simple impossible to drive the car. Any hints?

Regards

Eduardo
we need more info, like track conditions, ride hight, oil in shocks and diff or diffs. etc.

D.J. Apolaro
dj apolaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2006, 10:37 AM   #1423

Quote:
Hi

Regards

Eduardo
Try less rear toe, and learn how to drive correctly
COREX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2006, 11:01 AM   #1424
Tech Adept

Quote:
Originally Posted by dj apolaro
we need more info, like track conditions, ride hight, oil in shocks and diff or diffs. etc.

D.J. Apolaro
The rest of the setup was the default setup. The track was clean (IFMAR 2004 world cup track at Brazil)
Old 09-18-2006, 11:15 AM   #1425
Tech Regular

Send a message via MSN to asil

Quote:
Hi

Regards

Eduardo
maybe a lighter rear diff oil will solve the problem.. just give it a try..
asil is offline   Reply With Quote