R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road

Old 08-31-2006, 10:31 AM   #1306
Tech Elite

Send a message via ICQ to markp27

Quote:
Originally Posted by _cyclops_
Yeah, his "friend" writes soooo slow... i bet he could do it faster himself...
Sadly, true, Cyclops He keeps making excuses about working 14 hours a day at the moment and then going off to big races like Euro Champs and German Champs Anyway, I know he has to finish the car soon, as he is going to test it in Heemstede at the end of Sept! Watch out for him there and kick his butt for being so lazy
markp27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2006, 02:10 PM   #1307
Tech Regular

Send a message via ICQ to _cyclops_

Quote:
Originally Posted by markp27
Sadly, true, Cyclops He keeps making excuses about working 14 hours a day at the moment and then going off to big races like Euro Champs and German Champs Anyway, I know he has to finish the car soon, as he is going to test it in Heemstede at the end of Sept! Watch out for him there and kick his butt for being so lazy

Wha,if he came to the euro's with the 720 he surely kicked some butts (especially a particular one....).. and hey, it though he wasn't there.. should have met him then....

And testing at the MACH? Keep me updated, i can meet the lazy ass then...
_cyclops_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2006, 03:00 PM   #1308
Tech Elite

Quote:
Wha,if he came to the euro's with the 720 he surely kicked some butts (especially a particular one....).. and hey, it though he wasn't there.. should have met him then....

And testing at the MACH? Keep me updated, i can meet the lazy ass then...
You met him already, he was at the Euros ... and his ass was just as lazy ... I saw the way his pitman wrenches while he has his arms folded all day long
Old 08-31-2006, 03:07 PM   #1309
Tech Regular

Send a message via ICQ to _cyclops_

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sow&Steady
You met him already, he was at the Euros ... and his ass was just as lazy ... I saw the way his pitman wrenches while he has his arms folded all day long
Geez... that's bad... you know, i actually saw a guy that was helped by one of the top drivers and had his tires resized by some pitrunner... amazing...
_cyclops_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2006, 03:41 PM   #1310
M7H
Tech Elite

Go chat on 3hobby.net....
Old 08-31-2006, 04:15 PM   #1311
Tech Master

R/C Tech Charter Subscriber

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Fast Harry, are you running a front diff or oneway? I run weekly on a car park set up with less than perfect grip. I have found the 720 to be OK in high speed sweepers. The only changes to stock set up for this track are 10000 rear diff oil, 80000 front oil, upper shock mounts lowest hole in tower front & rear, front bar 45 degrees, optional steering akerman - long. 37s all round 62mm rear 61mm front & last but not least Mazda 6 body(protoform). Our straight is about 60metres long into a fast 90 degree right hand sweeper. I give the brakes a jab going in & it pulls through nicely. It would be better with a oneway on this corner but the rest of the track lends it self to the diff.
soc123_au is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2006, 06:06 PM   #1312
Tech Elite

Location: Mahwah, NJ.. USA!! ..... Home of http://www.fastharry.com
Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Send a message via Skype™ to fastharry™

Quote:
Originally Posted by soc123_au
Fast Harry, are you running a front diff or oneway? I run weekly on a car park set up with less than perfect grip. I have found the 720 to be OK in high speed sweepers. The only changes to stock set up for this track are 10000 rear diff oil, 80000 front oil, upper shock mounts lowest hole in tower front & rear, front bar 45 degrees, optional steering akerman - long. 37s all round 62mm rear 61mm front & last but not least Mazda 6 body(protoform). Our straight is about 60metres long into a fast 90 degree right hand sweeper. I give the brakes a jab going in & it pulls through nicely. It would be better with a oneway on this corner but the rest of the track lends it self to the diff.

ron was running the stock set up.....which he said was 60,000 front,30,000 rear.......

personally,I don't care how it runs..as long as its tunable(which it was)...the only reason I got on this whole bandwagon is I drove a 710 2 weeks ago and fell in love with that centax 3 clutch...(the r4o clutch pales in comparison)......

I just don't think I can get the car race ready(turnable) in 3 weeks.....
fastharry™ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2006, 06:18 PM   #1313
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by fastharry
ron was running the stock set up.....which he said was 60,000 front,30,000 rear.......

personally,I don't care how it runs..as long as its tunable(which it was)...the only reason I got on this whole bandwagon is I drove a 710 2 weeks ago and fell in love with that centax 3 clutch...(the r4o clutch pales in comparison)......

I just don't think I can get the car race ready(turnable) in 3 weeks.....
fastharry,
Yes you can man. It's very easy to build the car and to get it race ready. I'm pretty sure 3 weeks time is more than enough .
Derby Bros Racing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2006, 06:39 PM   #1314
Tech Elite

Location: Mahwah, NJ.. USA!! ..... Home of http://www.fastharry.com
Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Send a message via Skype™ to fastharry™

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jo Gutierrez
fastharry,
Yes you can man. It's very easy to build the car and to get it race ready. I'm pretty sure 3 weeks time is more than enough .

I'll give it some serious thought....

Last edited by fastharry™; 08-31-2006 at 06:57 PM.
fastharry™ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2006, 10:10 AM   #1315
Tech Fanatic

Anyone here know the setup that Team Serpent used during the Nats. at Crystal Park for the 720??? Paulo M's setup or Scotty Gray's setup??? Complete and detailed if possible... Thanks

RC_Alan
rc_alan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2006, 12:35 PM   #1316
Tech Elite

Quote:
Geez... that's bad... you know, i actually saw a guy that was helped by one of the top drivers and had his tires resized by some pitrunner... amazing...
Yeah, and the pitrunner forgot to size it down to 26mm fronts and 30 mm rears.

Luckily that top driver was super alert!

Thanks to both of them, the racer bumped up, not once but twice ... and it would have been three times if the race was not called off at the 12 minutes mark!
Old 09-01-2006, 01:06 PM   #1317
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by rc_alan
Anyone here know the setup that Team Serpent used during the Nats. at Crystal Park for the 720??? Paulo M's setup or Scotty Gray's setup??? Complete and detailed if possible... Thanks

RC_Alan
Not sure of their setup, but I do know that they were completely different.
dj apolaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2006, 03:40 PM   #1318
Tech Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by dj apolaro
Not sure of their setup, but I do know that they were completely different.
I'm pretty sure they didn't run the exact same setup as each other... but I'm sure they ran the same roll-center and droop... With the 710 those two settings were very important and I'm sure it is the same way with the 720... Seeing that they're cars were working pretty well on the track at Crystal park, I wanted to see there way of thinking... Having a setup that works from the get go and not have to guess... I went to TSN and Serpent.com to see if anyone posted the setup used at the Nats. and no one did... But there are setups of Fort Myers and other races... The 720 is taking off in SoCal and what better way of supporting the drivers with the car would be to post setups used by there team drivers... The Setup used at Revelation rc-raceway will not work at Crystal park... Different size track and completely different traction... Anyone??? BoCal... if you read this, please PM me... Thanks

RC_Alan

Last edited by rc_alan; 09-02-2006 at 06:36 AM.
Old 09-01-2006, 05:37 PM   #1319
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by rc_alan
I'm pretty sure they didn't run the exact same setup as each other... but I'm sure they ran the same roll-center and droop... With the 710 those two settings were very important and I'm sure it is the same way with the 720... Seeing that they're cars were working pretty well on the track at Crystal park, I wanted to see there way of thinking... Having a setup that works from the get to and not have to guess... I went to set TSN and Serpent.com to see if anyone posted the setup used at the Nats. and no one did... But there are setups of Fort Myers and other races... The 720 is taking off in SoCal and what better way of supporting the drivers with the car would be to post setups used by there team drivers... The Setup used at Revelation rc-raceway will not work at Crystal park... Different size track and completely different traction... Anyone??? BoCal... if you read this, please PM me... Thanks

RC_Alan
there was nothing the same about there setup. one of them used a one-way the other a locked. that requires totally different setups. they leave for the worlds soon, so i do not think it will get posted anytime soon. I you need any help with setup issues, let me know via pm and i will try to help.

D.J. Apolaro
dj apolaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2006, 06:40 PM   #1320
Tech Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by dj apolaro
there was nothing the same about there setup. one of them used a one-way the other a locked. that requires totally different setups. they leave for the worlds soon, so i do not think it will get posted anytime soon. I you need any help with setup issues, let me know via pm and i will try to help.

D.J. Apolaro
Thanks... Will do... I'll PM you when I return from Vegas... Gotta drive all weekend... Thanks again for your reply and to all the US drivers leaving for the Worlds... Good Luck!!!

RC_Alan