Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Serpent 720

Search this Thread

Old 08-30-2006, 10:01 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by serpentpro28
pre' let me hows that alum.body post works on your track?
Is that indoor track is asphalt or cement?Post some pictures.
Thanks'
its aphalt a nice picture of the track is at the Hobby Shop and Track Info/Directory at the Manila Racers thread. will let you know how the aluminum body post works after i run this car this saturday
Old 08-30-2006, 10:08 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Acid
Kewl... I was wondering what was written on your heat sink

You know where one can get motor improvements for the RB? Like, upgraded crank, upgraded sleeve, etc. All, needs to be EFRA approved....

Acid
i think Uriah Murman have all the things that you want you can e-mail him at his website; www.murmanmodified.com or if not you can call kamikaze racing they might be also be able to help you
Old 08-31-2006, 12:42 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by fastharry
mark..do you have the 720 yet?..
No but a "friend" of his has one....
Old 08-31-2006, 12:43 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by fastharry
just saw the 720 at my LHS(next door to where I work).Very Impressive as far as quality and TIGHT construction....no slop in the steering...and Ron(criusin RC;s in ramsey NJ) said it went together like an Xray....

If this car drives nice(and I have no doubts that it will),I might be taking a walk on the wild side...

anyway,very nice....

Now if that would happen.......
We'll have a new unique selling point!

To answer an earlier post of you about the absence of a FAQ like we had for the 710. I think it is not very nescessary. Most of the items in the original FAQ do not apply to the 720 or were fixed.

Glad you like the car.
Old 08-31-2006, 12:45 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by nigelnuggets
is your RB V12 bone stock? give www.kamikazetoysandhobbies.com a ring. @ 714-997-8697 (US)

ask for sam, he can help you.

Yeah, it is

Will do.. thanks

Acid
Old 08-31-2006, 12:50 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by buboy28
i think Uriah Murman have all the things that you want you can e-mail him at his website; www.murmanmodified.com or if not you can call kamikaze racing they might be also be able to help you
Will do...

Thanks again..

Acid
Old 08-31-2006, 12:54 AM
wad
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by J.Wright
Sammy if you see "Waaata" ask him if he can test with me Thrusday night all three cars are ready but I want him to drive them all and pick which one he wants to tune for the the race. Or just give hi my #

Jim
I can't make it on thursday, I'm really busy at work; anyway, I will be at the track early on Saturday........Thanks Jim
Old 08-31-2006, 03:38 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Julius
Yeah, his "friend" writes soooo slow... i bet he could do it faster himself...
Old 08-31-2006, 05:49 AM
Tech Elite

Location: Louisville, KY!.. USA!! ....Home of http://www.fastharry.com
Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Now if that would happen.......
We'll have a new unique selling point!

To answer an earlier post of you about the absence of a FAQ like we had for the 710. I think it is not very nescessary. Most of the items in the original FAQ do not apply to the 720 or were fixed.

Glad you like the car.

well,I don't know if the world would fall off of its axis,but me driving a serpent(as I used to..being an impulse and Veteq owner) would raise a few eyebrows .......

anyway,we went to test the car last night....built according to specs, on a parking lot track(blown off,not treated)..track surface about 70 degrees,road rail system with a tight infield,and a 100 front straight with a 90 degree sharp left at the end....ron was running a proto caddy body(which I think is a bad choice to test a car,.....my feeling is,put the best RACE body available,so you can tune to a certain standard..I would have picked a mazda 6)..anyway,there were tc3's and 710's there..the car drove very nice,,had a solid and heavy(stable) feeling through the infield..but at the end of the straight making the left,had a huge push...sorely lacking in high speed steering.....every other car there had no problem.....I realize that the body didn't help,i(n fact,cutting the HUGE wing down did helped,).....he was going through the tuning book when I left..

now here's my question.....the unofficial HPI CHALLENGE in south new jersey is going to have an OPEN class where we can race anything with an HPI Body(3 weeks away)...I wanted to run a 720..but trying to get 4 classes of cars ready,I don't know If I can get the 720 set up(or get the push out in time)...does the car have a natural high speed push?...

and I have to be honest..in the infield,it felt great..better than my r40..more planted..and really moved through a smooth arc around a turn..and the centax was the best I've felt...

just trying to do the best(smartest) thing for the(1) race...any opinions?.....has anyone else noticed the push on a parking lot track?....

you guys think it makes sense to buy a new car for one race,knowing there might be changes over the winter(fast approaching on the east coast..)...

again,great car....and I'm going to run one next summer..
Old 08-31-2006, 08:40 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

I would say get the car now. At least before next summer, you have it and know the car already before the start of next season. The 720 has a lot of steering and very stable. I'm guessing the car that you drove was setup to have a push on high speed.
Old 08-31-2006, 08:55 AM
Tech Elite

Location: Louisville, KY!.. USA!! ....Home of http://www.fastharry.com
Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Jo Gutierrez
I would say get the car now. At least before next summer, you have it and know the car already before the start of next season. The 720 has a lot of steering and very stable. I'm guessing the car that you drove was setup to have a push on high speed.

hi Jo...

he said he built it according to the book settings.......of course,I realize if the 710 there were fine,this(the 720) is going to be also....

my concern is getting a car set up to drive well, having to travel to a completely different track surface in 25 days...re set up the car for that surface...and being not used to the whole car in general....then sitting with the car all winter...hoping Serpent doen't change it...(which I don't think they will)...

if the car drove well out of the box(and I'm not saying it doesn't)..in the conditions I'm facing,I would have it built by the weekend....

have you raced(or anyone else) raced on a untreated parking lot course?...I have no doubt the car excels on prepared surfaces......thats just not the conditions I'm facing...I need to know how the car is in low traction conditions....

thanks
Old 08-31-2006, 08:59 AM
Tech Master

Harry,

A sever difference in high speed and low speed steering is mostly aerodynamic. The suspension does not know if the car is going fast or slow. There could be something in the way the corner is taken that is diffferent from all other corners. Maybe it's the only corner that is taken on throttle?

I've seen the caddy run, and it seems to have good steering in slow corners but does have a push in higher speed. The Losi Alfa has similar behaviour. For high speed steering I find the Protoform Stratus 3.1 is best (of the protofrom line) it has a little less steering in lower speed than the mazda though.
Old 08-31-2006, 09:01 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Harry,

A sever difference in high speed and low speed steering is mostly aerodynamic. The suspension does not know if the car is going fast or slow. There could be something in the way the corner is taken that is diffferent from all other corners. Maybe it's the only corner that is taken on throttle?

I've seen the caddy run, and it seems to have good steering in slow corners but does have a push in higher speed. The Losi Alfa has similar behaviour. For high speed steering I find the Protoform Stratus 3.1 is best (of the protofrom line) it has a little less steering in lower speed than the mazda though.
I agree with Julius. Also consider the Parma type M. This has the best high speed steering in my opinion.
Old 08-31-2006, 09:06 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Fastharry
Judging with the way Serpent kept the 710, I'm pretty confident there won't be a replacement car for the 720 by next season. I don't think you will have any problem setting up the car as it runs pretty good box stock. Just make sure you have the right body, which I think you won't have a problem choosing as you pinpointed that problem already with the car that you drove.
Old 08-31-2006, 09:24 AM
Tech Elite

Correct Julius!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.