R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 08-28-2006, 01:40 PM   #1246
Tech Champion
 
Team Kamikaze's Avatar
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: 我的名字是沈先生。我是中国人, 居住美国
Posts: 8,868
Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by M7H
The offset got nothing to do with trackwidth.....
Really?
__________________
Home of the Kamikaze Driver's Development Program = guaranteed podium finish
Kamikaze Toys and Hobbies Inc.
Follow us here on Facebook!
Team Kamikaze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2006, 05:33 PM   #1247
Tech Master
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Posts: 1,116
Default

Kamikazi---waaassssuuupppp!!!! You guys converted all those guys up there into 720 racers...HUMMMMM...Just kidding. Hey I hear we will be seeing you real soon.. You guys ready for us.. Were a handful.

One of these days I 'll get a 720!!! But having had worked on a few I would say the 720 has a more narrow sweet spot having so much steering. The 710 had a push and would need some setup help to make more steering. I find that racers want more steering but really need more corner speed and grip. A slight push is optimum for most racers(unless your Paolo) . The 710 had too much traction where the 720 has a lot of steering and good traction. A good blend on the base setup where small changes can be utilized to adapt to your style of driving. The cars go together perfectly with no mods. If you need to mod the car it was probably built incorrectly...
rangulo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2006, 08:24 PM   #1248
Tech Regular
 
J.Wright's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: SoCal
Posts: 281
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Sammy "Water" may need some parts for my car, please give him what ever he wants and bill me I will paypal you immediately or compensate you this weekend. Also the trick centax wrench that you saw in my box this weekend does not fit the new cars do you have the right one? Thanks

Jim
J.Wright is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2006, 08:43 PM   #1249
Tech Master
 
Pyramid's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2001
Location: ID
Posts: 1,945
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick Simpson
Hi Guys Iv just been and bolted on the set-up wheels on and set the Track width to 196mm. Then i took a set of Serpant Jacos and bolted them on and it still measured 196mm so i would say they were zero.
if u use serpent setup wheels, they are not 0 offset.
Pyramid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2006, 12:08 AM   #1250
Tech Champion
 
Team Kamikaze's Avatar
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: 我的名字是沈先生。我是中国人, 居住美国
Posts: 8,868
Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by rangulo
Kamikazi---waaassssuuupppp!!!! You guys converted all those guys up there into 720 racers...HUMMMMM...Just kidding. Hey I hear we will be seeing you real soon.. You guys ready for us.. Were a handful.

One of these days I 'll get a 720!!! But having had worked on a few I would say the 720 has a more narrow sweet spot having so much steering. The 710 had a push and would need some setup help to make more steering. I find that racers want more steering but really need more corner speed and grip. A slight push is optimum for most racers(unless your Paolo) . The 710 had too much traction where the 720 has a lot of steering and good traction. A good blend on the base setup where small changes can be utilized to adapt to your style of driving. The cars go together perfectly with no mods. If you need to mod the car it was probably built incorrectly...
Raffy,
Are you ready to rock the shrimp....in walnut.......... honey?
__________________
Home of the Kamikaze Driver's Development Program = guaranteed podium finish
Kamikaze Toys and Hobbies Inc.
Follow us here on Facebook!
Team Kamikaze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2006, 12:12 AM   #1251
Tech Champion
 
Team Kamikaze's Avatar
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: 我的名字是沈先生。我是中国人, 居住美国
Posts: 8,868
Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by J.Wright
Sammy "Water" may need some parts for my car, please give him what ever he wants and bill me I will paypal you immediately or compensate you this weekend. Also the trick centax wrench that you saw in my box this weekend does not fit the new cars do you have the right one? Thanks

Jim
MR.CHARSUBOW,
Waaata already swing by and got what you need, and he said don't worry about the bill because there is no bill
__________________
Home of the Kamikaze Driver's Development Program = guaranteed podium finish
Kamikaze Toys and Hobbies Inc.
Follow us here on Facebook!
Team Kamikaze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2006, 05:22 AM   #1252
Tech Adept
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: UK
Posts: 225
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pyramid
if u use serpent setup wheels, they are not 0 offset.
They were Fast Trax circle plates. Not the set-up wheels that come with the Kit. On the Jaco box it also says they are zero
Nick Simpson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2006, 11:33 AM   #1253
Tech Elite
 
nigelnuggets's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Artesia, SoCal.
Posts: 2,187
Send a message via AIM to nigelnuggets
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick Simpson
They were Fast Trax circle plates. Not the set-up wheels that come with the Kit. On the Jaco box it also says they are zero
boxes were mislabeled. trust. they are 1mm offset.
__________________
Kamikaze Toys and Hobbies. www.kamikazetoysandhobbies.com / www.kamikazercracing.com
nigelnuggets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2006, 12:25 PM   #1254
Tech Master
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Posts: 1,116
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Team Kamikaze
Raffy,
Are you ready to rock the shrimp....in walnut.......... honey?

Wow that was awesome.. Are we going there..

Sweeeeeeeetttt!!!!
rangulo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2006, 01:13 PM   #1255
Tech Addict
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Miami
Posts: 524
Trader Rating: 4 (83%+)
Default

Hey Sam i heard that Rafael is going to treat you guys this so try to go on a empty tank ......
Roniel_R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2006, 01:15 PM   #1256
Tech Champion
 
Team Kamikaze's Avatar
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: 我的名字是沈先生。我是中国人, 居住美国
Posts: 8,868
Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roniel_R
Hey Sam i heard that Rafael is going to treat you guys this so try to go on a empty tank ......
Are you not coming? and yup that is what I heard it is going to be Raf's treat due to him being a VIP this time, imagine have to wait for him for another hour?
__________________
Home of the Kamikaze Driver's Development Program = guaranteed podium finish
Kamikaze Toys and Hobbies Inc.
Follow us here on Facebook!
Team Kamikaze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2006, 02:29 PM   #1257
Tech Fanatic
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Posts: 826
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by nigelnuggets
boxes were mislabeled. trust. they are 1mm offset.
Nigel is rigth. The label is wrong. The wheels are 1mm offset

Last edited by Paolo M; 08-29-2006 at 05:20 PM.
Paolo M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2006, 03:18 PM   #1258
Tech Adept
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: UK
Posts: 225
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by nigelnuggets
boxes were mislabeled. trust. they are 1mm offset.
Thanks Guys
Nick Simpson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2006, 10:37 PM   #1259
Tech Master
 
buboy28's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: manila,philippines
Posts: 1,601
Send a message via AIM to buboy28 Send a message via Yahoo to buboy28
Default

my 720 finished at last
;
;
buboy28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2006, 10:42 PM   #1260
Tech Master
 
buboy28's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: manila,philippines
Posts: 1,601
Send a message via AIM to buboy28 Send a message via Yahoo to buboy28
Default

naked
IMG]http://i46.photobucket.com/albums/f129/buboy28/IMG_1163.jpg[/IMG];
buboy28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Serpent 705 J_Longbrake Nitro On-Road 4252 02-23-2015 12:34 AM
Serpent 710 Ron C. Nitro On-Road 23347 03-16-2010 02:47 PM
WTB: NIB Serpent 710 aN4rK1 R/C Items: Wanted to Buy 3 06-16-2006 09:23 PM
Trade in Your Old Serpent 710 Parts for New Serpent 710 Parts fast_it710 R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 0 09-17-2004 12:27 AM
Serpent Impulse w/MT-12 and Serpent Starter box - cheap Solara R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 2 03-07-2003 03:01 PM



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 01:43 AM.


Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net