R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 08-07-2006, 11:09 PM   #961
Tech Adept
 
ProE's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: South Africa
Posts: 236
Send a message via MSN to ProE Send a message via Skype™ to ProE
Default

I've uploaded a recording of this race to google movies.

http://video.google.com/videoplay?d...337415615&hl=en
ProE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2006, 12:00 AM   #962
Tech Elite
 
razzor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Durban, South Africa
Posts: 2,810
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProE
I think that he won with a 710 and not a 720. The program and intro to the final mentions that he is using a 710. Which is a bit hard to believe, as they are the distributors for serpent in South Africa.
Mikey ran a 710.
He had a great race and some good luck as Dean/Mugen lost 2nd gear towards the last 6 mins .
Pity Taki/Mugen had to retire ,it would have been a tight race in the top 3.
Great event ,fun had by all.
__________________
Casterracing ZX1.5R
casterracing EX-1 Pro, SP Silver Arrow
TOP Racing Scythe, SP 17.5, SP GT Pro 2.0
TOP Racing Scythe, SP 4.5 V2, Hobbywing Xerun 120SD 2.0
TOP Racing Scythe, SP 13.5, Hobbywing Xerun 120SD 2.0
razzor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2006, 12:02 AM   #963
Tech Elite
 
razzor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Durban, South Africa
Posts: 2,810
Default

DURBAN NATIONALS
Results for : NITRO TOURING 200mm A Final
Sunday, Aug 6 2006 12:00:56

Pos Car Name Details Laps Total Time B/Lap A/Lap StDev
1 3 Michael Wiseman DMCC Serpent710 Mega 71 00:30:21.139 024.392 025.649 01.087
2 1 Dean Steenmans DMCC Mugen JP 70 00:30:05.880 024.345 025.798 01.445
3 5 Scott McLure DMCC Team Magic 69 00:30:13.280 025.063 026.279 01.413
4 4 Steve Munslow TRAP MUGEN MTX4 JP 69 00:30:20.354 025.140 026.381 01.474
5 6 Jaco Uys WRCR Mugen MTX4 JP FX 68 00:30:18.209 025.053 026.738 01.954
6 8 Tony d Oliveira DMCC Serpent 710 Mega 68 00:30:27.873 025.641 026.880 01.292
7 10 Travis Carlyle DMCC Serpent 710 JP FX 66 00:30:01.330 025.077 027.292 03.487
8 9 Stephen Smith TRAP MUGEN MTX4 JP 65 00:30:11.056 025.609 027.862 02.211
9 7 Dave Wiseman DMCC Serpent 705 Mega 48 00:24:42.634 026.043 030.888 03.361
10 2 Taki Dermatis WRCR MUGEN JP FX 15 00:06:36.469 024.513 026.431 02.889


This HTML Page was created by SlyFox Race Management and Timing Software.
__________________
Casterracing ZX1.5R
casterracing EX-1 Pro, SP Silver Arrow
TOP Racing Scythe, SP 17.5, SP GT Pro 2.0
TOP Racing Scythe, SP 4.5 V2, Hobbywing Xerun 120SD 2.0
TOP Racing Scythe, SP 13.5, Hobbywing Xerun 120SD 2.0
razzor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2006, 12:44 AM   #964
Tech Adept
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: South Africa
Posts: 160
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by razzor
DURBAN NATIONALS
Results for : NITRO TOURING 200mm A Final
Sunday, Aug 6 2006 12:00:56

Pos Car Name Details Laps Total Time B/Lap A/Lap StDev
1 3 Michael Wiseman DMCC Serpent710 Mega 71 00:30:21.139 024.392 025.649 01.087
2 1 Dean Steenmans DMCC Mugen JP 70 00:30:05.880 024.345 025.798 01.445
3 5 Scott McLure DMCC Team Magic 69 00:30:13.280 025.063 026.279 01.413
4 4 Steve Munslow TRAP MUGEN MTX4 JP 69 00:30:20.354 025.140 026.381 01.474
5 6 Jaco Uys WRCR Mugen MTX4 JP FX 68 00:30:18.209 025.053 026.738 01.954
6 8 Tony d Oliveira DMCC Serpent 710 Mega 68 00:30:27.873 025.641 026.880 01.292
7 10 Travis Carlyle DMCC Serpent 710 JP FX 66 00:30:01.330 025.077 027.292 03.487
8 9 Stephen Smith TRAP MUGEN MTX4 JP 65 00:30:11.056 025.609 027.862 02.211
9 7 Dave Wiseman DMCC Serpent 705 Mega 48 00:24:42.634 026.043 030.888 03.361
10 2 Taki Dermatis WRCR MUGEN JP FX 15 00:06:36.469 024.513 026.431 02.889


This HTML Page was created by SlyFox Race Management and Timing Software.
Hi Guys

I spoke to Mikey after the race and he said to me it was a 720. We had a discussion about the rear of the car as I was eager to find out what he did to make the rear stick.

But, either way, the race was fantastic...

Thanks for the movie.

Acid
Acid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2006, 12:52 AM   #965
Tech Adept
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: South Africa
Posts: 160
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProE
I've uploaded a recording of this race to google movies.

http://video.google.com/videoplay?d...337415615&hl=en

ProE.. tried the link and the site says that the video is not available

Acid
Acid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2006, 01:38 AM   #966
Tech Adept
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: South Africa
Posts: 160
Default

razzor

I think they did not update the entry sheet... but I am quite sure the car was a 720...

ProE

Sorry man.. I think I am going color blind... my car was the orange Alpha with the yellow spoiler....

Acid
Acid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2006, 02:04 AM   #967
Tech Adept
 
aaalp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: istanbul - turkey
Posts: 196
Send a message via ICQ to aaalp Send a message via MSN to aaalp Send a message via Yahoo to aaalp
Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Acid
Hi Guys
I spoke to Mikey after the race and he said to me it was a 720. We had a discussion about the rear of the car as I was eager to find out what he did to make the rear stick.
Acid
Acid,

And what did he make to make the rear end stick?
aaalp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2006, 02:19 AM   #968
Tech Adept
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: South Africa
Posts: 160
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by aaalp
Acid,

And what did he make to make the rear end stick?
When we spoke, he said to me, he tried to make the front diff harder and the rear diff softer, like 60000 in the front and 10000 in the rear. Also, the shocks - bottom mounting - use the lower hole on the arms. Also, tyres, 35 rear.

I personally haven't tried any of these, but after seeing the way Mikey went, these are definitely good tips. I will try these myself this weekend and let you guys know how the car handled.

soc123_au, what did you mean when you said lay the shocks right over? More vertical or more at an angle?

serpentpro28... thanks for the tip. I am gonna try the thread tape first, if it doesn't work for me, then I will try to get the Mugen pivotballs.

Acid
Acid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2006, 02:38 AM   #969
Tech Adept
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Wilnis, The Netherlands
Posts: 153
Send a message via MSN to Qlone
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Acid
ProE.. tried the link and the site says that the video is not available

Acid
Try this link

Nice video, and it looks like a very nice track to drive on. Good balance between technical parts and speed.
Qlone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2006, 03:36 AM   #970
Tech Master
 
buboy28's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: manila,philippines
Posts: 1,601
Send a message via AIM to buboy28 Send a message via Yahoo to buboy28
Default

ONLY ONE COMPLAINT FROM THIS KIT, THEY MAY HAVE THE SHORTEST FUEL LINE INCLUDED IN THE BOX
buboy28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2006, 06:03 AM   #971
Tech Regular
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Veenendaal, The Netherlands
Posts: 478
Send a message via ICQ to _cyclops_
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by buboy28
ONLY ONE COMPLAINT FROM THIS KIT, THEY MAY HAVE THE SHORTEST FUEL LINE INCLUDED IN THE BOX
Lol, nice that you complain about that.. that means the rest is perfect
_cyclops_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2006, 06:53 AM   #972
Tech Master
 
DS Motorsport's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: The Netherlands
Posts: 1,440
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default

At first i also had a problem with a very loose rear, changed from 3 to 2 holes in the rear shocks and the rear was perfect.

A lighter diff oil could also work, but if you have high speed corners in your track the car get's very nervous and almost impossible to control.
__________________
P1-RC.com
DS Motorsport is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2006, 07:09 AM   #973
Tech Adept
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: South Africa
Posts: 160
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DS Motorsport
At first i also had a problem with a very loose rear, changed from 3 to 2 holes in the rear shocks and the rear was perfect.

A lighter diff oil could also work, but if you have high speed corners in your track the car get's very nervous and almost impossible to control.
I agree... think you right... it very much depends on the track... I changed the shock oil to 40W in front and 50W in rear. No time to change the holes and that did make the car more stable.

Acid
Acid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2006, 07:11 AM   #974
Tech Adept
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: South Africa
Posts: 160
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qlone
Try this link

Nice video, and it looks like a very nice track to drive on. Good balance between technical parts and speed.
Thanks Qlone... link works

Yeah, I think this is the most technical track in SA. The other tracks have more sweeping bends...

Acid
Acid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2006, 07:24 AM   #975
Tech Elite
 
Sow&Steady's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Va Va Voom!
Posts: 4,104
Default

Maybe I'm missing something ... I see a lot of posts about having a loose rear end for the 720. I built my car in a hurry and then went to the track straight after with stock set-up, all 40s tyres, no bodyshell and I found the car planted. Just watch this video! The track wasn't exactly clean and yet the car was fine.

Now with a bodyshell on I find that its even more planted in the rear to the point I'm understeering a bit and have cured it simply by either using 37F and 40R or 40F and 42R.

Maybe the tracks you guys are testing on are car-park tracks and therefore dusty?
__________________
http://3hobby.net REVISITED V2 - Its on steroids!
https://www.facebook.com/ssteady
Sow&Steady is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Serpent 705 J_Longbrake Nitro On-Road 4252 02-23-2015 12:34 AM
Serpent 710 Ron C. Nitro On-Road 23347 03-16-2010 02:47 PM
WTB: NIB Serpent 710 aN4rK1 R/C Items: Wanted to Buy 3 06-16-2006 09:23 PM
Trade in Your Old Serpent 710 Parts for New Serpent 710 Parts fast_it710 R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 0 09-17-2004 12:27 AM
Serpent Impulse w/MT-12 and Serpent Starter box - cheap Solara R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 2 03-07-2003 03:01 PM



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 08:36 PM.


We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net