R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 04-09-2009, 08:07 PM   #4741
Tech Addict
 
Gael L's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: LI, NY
Posts: 736
Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rcchamp720 View Post
no problem i was actually planning on going out there hopefully regaurdless on sunday ull c me im goin to b running my orang body and my freind i drive with runs a white body on his x ray
no doubt. You came by my pit sunday. My brother gave you the gas tank. We will definately get that care working.
Gael L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2009, 08:49 PM   #4742
Tech Adept
 
Rcchamp720's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: pelham ny 10803
Posts: 126
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to Rcchamp720 Send a message via Yahoo to Rcchamp720
Thumbs up

Ooo ok y'all are brothers that's wats up yea I kno tell him thanks again but yea other than the lose the car was running ok that was the first time I put it on the track but I'll work out the kinks how is his 353. Running I bet great right LOL
Rcchamp720 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2009, 06:38 AM   #4743
Tech Regular
 
s10dude's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Sacramento , Calif.
Posts: 481
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by quietstorm76 View Post
Has anyone ever had the pins in the dog bones slide out? I found this on the rear of my car and it was binding like hell. Is there a fix or just but some new ones? They hardly show any wear on them and the drive cups are not notched.

Thanks


i had this happen more than once before....get new ones and email serpent. i did and got free replacements . or you can locktite ( red ) them back in place
__________________
Marc Richards / Xray NT1 / Matrix Tires / RB Motor's / Futaba
Fabricator and racer @ Speedworld Raceway & Hobby
s10dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2009, 10:20 PM   #4744
Tech Regular
 
intimidator's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Orlando,Florida
Posts: 257
Default

Read back a while about DJ cutting the x-brace and trimming the brace on the left side of the car.Is that mod good for all situations or is it for certain track conditions?Does it matter if its the aluminum ot plastic one?
intimidator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2009, 05:27 AM   #4745
Tech Elite
 
Sow&Steady's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Va Va Voom!
Posts: 4,104
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by intimidator View Post
Read back a while about DJ cutting the x-brace and trimming the brace on the left side of the car.Is that mod good for all situations or is it for certain track conditions?Does it matter if its the aluminum ot plastic one?
Its definitely dependant on the track grip and layout too. Nothing wrong with the plastic one normally but the al one stiffens the chassis which removes one variable when you're fine-tuning the car.

Just my 2 cents.
__________________
http://3hobby.net REVISITED V2 - Its on steroids!
https://www.facebook.com/ssteady
Sow&Steady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2009, 05:29 AM   #4746
Tech Elite
 
Sow&Steady's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Va Va Voom!
Posts: 4,104
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by s10dude View Post
i had this happen more than once before....get new ones and email serpent. i did and got free replacements . or you can locktite ( red ) them back in place
I agree, they should not be sliding out on their own accord so easily. It IS possible to remove them with a bit of hammering to replace the pins but for normal racing/driving they definitely should not be sliding out.
__________________
http://3hobby.net REVISITED V2 - Its on steroids!
https://www.facebook.com/ssteady
Sow&Steady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2009, 08:52 AM   #4747
Tech Regular
 
intimidator's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Orlando,Florida
Posts: 257
Default

DJ,you mention not using front sway bar on high grip tracks,you still run the rear without the front on high grip tracks.I posted a question a few back about the x-brace mod you mentioned way back,whats your answer about cutting it,and when you use that mod?I mostly run on perm tracks no temp tracks,typically high grip.Your in Florida right???My local track is SS hobbies.
intimidator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2009, 05:01 PM   #4748
Tech Addict
 
endy0430's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Miami, FL
Posts: 531
Trader Rating: 25 (96%+)
Default Serpent Powerstart - Starter Box (#140000)

Anybody ever used this starter box and also can it be used on a 720 09 edition? Thanks
endy0430 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2009, 06:07 PM   #4749
Tech Elite
 
dj apolaro's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Miami, Fl.
Posts: 2,399
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by intimidator View Post
DJ,you mention not using front sway bar on high grip tracks,you still run the rear without the front on high grip tracks.I posted a question a few back about the x-brace mod you mentioned way back,whats your answer about cutting it,and when you use that mod?I mostly run on perm tracks no temp tracks,typically high grip.Your in Florida right???My local track is SS hobbies.

I use the X brace cut all the time. At leat till now. I gives the most amount of flex. The plastic one is good also and easier to drive. It gives less flex and also has less rotation. I know this make not make sence, but my findings are based on trial and error. As for the front sway bar, I do not use it on high bite and on low bite I usually use it. The rear sway bar is always connected.

The only issue with the X brace cut is you have to be on top of it bending. Make sure it always lines up with the top tray holes, as not to tweak the car.

Good luck,

DJ Apolaro
__________________
Capricorn RC, Capricorn Tires, Novarossi World, Spektrum, Horizon Hobby, PROTOform, RCTarget, IGT8.
dj apolaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2009, 07:04 PM   #4750
Suspended
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 98
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by dj apolaro View Post
I use the X brace cut all the time. At leat till now. I gives the most amount of flex. The plastic one is good also and easier to drive. It gives less flex and also has less rotation. I know this make not make sence, but my findings are based on trial and error. As for the front sway bar, I do not use it on high bite and on low bite I usually use it. The rear sway bar is always connected.

The only issue with the X brace cut is you have to be on top of it bending. Make sure it always lines up with the top tray holes, as not to tweak the car.

Good luck,

DJ Apolaro
Why do you not use the front sway bar on high bite? isn't the front sway bar better on high bite as it will take away some steering.
kyosho player is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2009, 10:47 PM   #4751
Tech Elite
 
Serpent-Dan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Florida
Posts: 2,848
Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by endy0430 View Post
Anybody ever used this starter box and also can it be used on a 720 09 edition? Thanks
Tried it before don't like it the car sits to far off to the right of the box.
__________________
Inf1nity CM Beat1 Racing
Serpent-Dan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2009, 01:14 AM   #4752
Tech Elite
 
Pattojnr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Perth Australia
Posts: 4,594
Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by endy0430 View Post
Anybody ever used this starter box and also can it be used on a 720 09 edition? Thanks
i use the box, its a great box, and a small modification i use the same one for both the 720 and the 960 .
__________________
Serpent - Walter RC
Serpent E Power ..... Serpent 747 Reds M3T
Serpent 966-TE Reds M7T .... S411ERYX Speedpassion 3.5T, T-Shox
Serpent 811-TE REDs R5T
Pattojnr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2009, 05:30 AM   #4753
Tech Regular
 
intimidator's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Orlando,Florida
Posts: 257
Default

Im gonna run it this weekend without front sway bar,ive been using the gear diff filled with 500,000.Its almost like a solid,tried softer fronts to get more steering,will try no bar in front see if I get steering that way.Other guys here at track reccommend no front sway too.
intimidator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2009, 05:31 AM   #4754
Tech Elite
 
dj apolaro's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Miami, Fl.
Posts: 2,399
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by kyosho player View Post
Why do you not use the front sway bar on high bite? isn't the front sway bar better on high bite as it will take away some steering.

First let me say sorry about my post. I just read it and man that was rough. I was on the phone at the same time I was writting. Guess I can not chew gum and walk at the same time.

As for the front sway bar. I think it is a style thing. For me with the high bite it makes the rear end very stable. Taking the front sway bar off allows me to still be aggressive without rolling the car over. The mith of stiffening the car in high bite is just that, a mith. IMHO

Like any adjustment, it is realative to the track and to the drivers feel. The best way to learn about this is to try it and see how it works for you and your style of driving.

DJ Apolaro
__________________
Capricorn RC, Capricorn Tires, Novarossi World, Spektrum, Horizon Hobby, PROTOform, RCTarget, IGT8.
dj apolaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2009, 05:59 AM   #4755
Tech Master
 
beta bob's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 1,101
Trader Rating: 2 (75%+)
Default

So when I get my 720 I should get the plastic x brace and do your mod?
__________________
Team Terribles---------2009 post of the year
"Cant you read Mopar???He said that he drives a T-max 2.5!!!!"
Spec classes are for communist
beta bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Serpent 705 J_Longbrake Nitro On-Road 4252 02-23-2015 12:34 AM
Serpent 710 Ron C. Nitro On-Road 23347 03-16-2010 02:47 PM
WTB: NIB Serpent 710 aN4rK1 R/C Items: Wanted to Buy 3 06-16-2006 09:23 PM
Trade in Your Old Serpent 710 Parts for New Serpent 710 Parts fast_it710 R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 0 09-17-2004 12:27 AM
Serpent Impulse w/MT-12 and Serpent Starter box - cheap Solara R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 2 03-07-2003 03:01 PM



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 03:45 PM.


We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net