R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road

Old 04-01-2006, 10:41 AM   #31
Regional Moderator

The new car comes with adjustable rear ball diff and adjustable shock piston as they called it a new revolutionary and innovative idea. Then they release the rear gear diff and new shock with better result and consistency, oh wait that's when the 710 came out
daniz24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2006, 07:04 PM   #32

For the most part Serpent is very close to F1. If you are a F1 fan you know
they develope new parts as the season go's on tring to make there chassis work
better and better. The 710 has been around a long time and is still one of the best cars you can get. The car has changed using option parts to make the
car better. Just my 2 cents
Steven Jackson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2006, 12:01 AM   #33
Tech Adept

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riketsu
Someone read my mind.

Fact is, the 710 has so many setup options is not even funny. And more than half of those setup options are never used or arent moved from stock.

Mugen did not win the winternats because Mikey concentrated on 1/8 since his 1/10 was demolished by a 1/8 during open practice.
Mikeys car was not demolished it sat on his box all week with the body on it in one piece. he said he didn't have a legel pipe and wouldn't borrow darins. So stick to the he focused on 1/8th thats the only decent excuse except i think he had tq from the second day and no one was close he could of ran his tc. But thats off topic and all that matters is what is on the paper and that who won
Dan D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2006, 01:17 AM   #34
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Quote:
i think serpent have tooo many models out there :P they releases all the time :P if you have bought a car then a half year later your car is old and you have to buy the new one hehe..
The manufacturers cant win,
If you change it to often you get dogged out,everybody is peeved you obsoleted their car.
If you keep a design and evolve it over a period of time you get dogged out. Everyone tells you its old school.

I think all the cars are transitioning to evolutions not radical redesigns as in the past, Honestly i don't think your going to see any more great revolutions as all the cars are migrating to generally similar geometry. The focus is on the details now. Time will tell I could be wrong but thats my 2 cents.
Old 04-02-2006, 01:19 AM   #35
Tech Master

And yes Mikeys car sat on the table all week at the winternats. Shiney and ready to go.
Old 04-02-2006, 03:27 AM   #36
Tech Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steven Jackson
For the most part Serpent is very close to F1. If you are a F1 fan you know
they develope new parts as the season go's on tring to make there chassis work
better and better. The 710 has been around a long time and is still one of the best cars you can get. The car has changed using option parts to make the
car better. Just my 2 cents
I totally agree with Motorman's statements on this view.

Yes, in F1, all the teams/companies are always developing/testing new parts as seasons go on to achieve better results, So IS every form of racing. Even tho the best and most updated equipment won't guarantee sure win, but whoever doesn't improve and adapt will definitely lose.

And about designs, like Motorman said, every chassis design although has a different starting point, they will sooner or later agree to the same/similar geometry to have the best on-track performance. After all, different designs are to appeal to different perspectives and driving styles. There's not yet a standard to evaluate each chassis upon its piece-by-piece performance. So I think today's bigger concern in racing would turn to quality and part availability. Take a look at this year's F1, due to the 2-race engine rule, instead of just using usual method making engines for each race session, the teams now have to invest and come up with new materials/components to make an engine that can last two full races. Just in the Philippine stop, due to the 110F temp, there were totally 4 (or 5) engines blow up from most of the Top teams. And just tonight's race in Australia Button of Honda had to pull out of the race just because his car stopped 50 feet before the finish line due to engine blow up and he could have finished 5th. Ferrari is suffering penalty of changing new enignes due to leaking from the pistons. Well so much for the F1 crap, but I just want to emphasize how important quality and materials issues have become rather than just simply looking at the overall designs, which computers can do much much accurate job than oral arguments.

Now back to reality, when I was deciding which RC sedan to pick, I was just like everyone else asking opinions about the Serpent, Kyosho, Mugen, TM, etc. Personally Serpent IS always my favourite pick since I knew of RC racing because they always show progress in updating the chassis, and their EXOTIC yet innovative designs. However, for most and many RC racers, finance is a huge factor or picking which car to run. And with Serpent always releasing new "recommanded" options (but they never seem to emphsize enough in the values), it creates a negative image to many people (or maybe just me) that if I have to buy all these "new upgrade" to keep my car alive, wouldn't it be more affordable and less headache to just buy what the other companies can offer??? As a result I made a "painful" decision of not choosing Serpent...At one point I thought the image of "big snake" legend had disappeared, and sometimes I really hate to say what kind of business is serpent trying to do?? Tho I'm considered broke but at least the car I have now still shows me hope to enjoy RC and still be competitive. The world today wants to see what has actually been done, not to see what has been doing (at least be progressive and realistic). Just like I have to finish typing all my craps before I hit the "submit reply" instead of muti-posting each sentance and make people think I'm just a lame spammer.

Well, I just want to express my feeling of how I want to see Serpent gets the new chassis done, I do not care again how "Innovative" and "Revolutionary" it is, I do not care they call it 720, 760, or whatever exotic name, I do not care how "Metalic Orange" it looks, I do not care if it's born a "World Beater", I just want it to be Finished and Complete. Yes, options are a must to adapt different conditions, but enough is enough. If the part change is so "recommanded" and improving, why not call it an "Upgrade" instead?

I think many people are just as desperate as me to see how the Big Snake can shake the world once again. So please Serpent make this time with a nice big period on the new car as it will be also a great start to share a big bite on the market again...

So much I typed, I wish I can type so much in my writing assignments, but these are just thoughts flowing to my mind.I understand the final design is probably complete and I'm just a dust to have any influence (I doubt more than one guy will read/understand my sloppy english anyways)...but I just really miss the Big Snake taking over big races and people paying $$$$ on the cars without those this-vs-that kind of second thoughts...Now just let me see how to ever get enough money to collect a NIB Vetaq.
ogreasurada is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2006, 05:34 AM   #37
B4
Tech Addict

I would like to see the 7xx be more durable and easier to get in the ballpark for a good setup.

The 710 I found is trully like a current F1 car. Get it outside the window of a good setup and it's almost undrivable, it's then you make mistakes that tend to cost you money replacing parts. You then see your mates with the likes of a mtx3 or RRR just put there cars on the track and be on the pace. This is what frustrated me to the point where it had to go and I followed the crowd to another chassis.

Now having said that I will probably contadict myself be saying that I would probably give 7xx a go as the improvements with the diff and shocks amongst others have come since i departed form the 710.

So I await like you all to see what the Serpent boys will bring out to dazzle the world.
B4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2006, 07:54 AM   #38
Tech Master

When a new car being introduce/release.. we always see this kind of dicussion. Even more funny that I know one of you never drive/own one but dare to make comments.

Motorman `2 cents`... attention to detail.. it`s so true and could be revolutionary too just wait till you all seen one
Pyramid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2006, 12:04 PM   #39
Tech Elite

Send a message via AIM to nigelnuggets

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrandeGixxer
They need to come out with a new car so they can try to compete with Mugen and Kyosho again. Hell, the 710 is barely better than a NTC3.

haha mean! the 710 was a good car, just needed to know how to set it up. dont get me wrong, but if you study the kyosho RRR, it is actualy a very very refined version of the 710. many of the same theory's which were placed under the 710's belt can be found in the kyosho RRR.

when the mugen mtx4 came out, everyone was so ready to buy it, but when you saw the cad images which were posted on mugen's website, we all saw that it was just mugens version of the RRR.

THIS IS JUST MY OPINION.

i race with people who have made the switch from the RRR to the MTX4, they say its almost the same. but i mean, if it looks the same it should handle almost the same hmm?

from what i heard, (once again this is just what i heard about the car.), it should have a narrower chassis, and longer arms for a better suspension geometry, more rear shock positionings. thats all ive heard. dont be surprised if the car just looks like another version of the RRR/MTX4.

OPINION..
Old 04-03-2006, 02:44 AM   #40
Tech Regular

Send a message via ICQ to _cyclops_

What can i say.. serpent.. performance thought evolution or something

About the 'many' setup options... i do think serpent is working on making the car 'easy' to drive, hence the gear diffs.. aldo they are easy to adjust, lot's of ppl have problems building it correct, and it gives consitancy problems... i do think it's a shame that it took serpent so long to figure that out.. but now it's there... also the new management will help... and i do think the next car will just be a upgraded 710 with some other parts...
_cyclops_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2006, 06:52 AM   #41
jag
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Motorman
The manufacturers cant win,
If you change it to often you get dogged out,everybody is peeved you obsoleted their car.
If you keep a design and evolve it over a period of time you get dogged out. Everyone tells you its old school.

I think all the cars are transitioning to evolutions not radical redesigns as in the past, Honestly i don't think your going to see any more great revolutions as all the cars are migrating to generally similar geometry. The focus is on the details now. Time will tell I could be wrong but thats my 2 cents.

True...
jag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2006, 07:05 AM   #42
jag
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riketsu
Mugen did not win the winternats because Mikey concentrated on 1/8 since his 1/10 was demolished by a 1/8 during open practice.

For what it's worth, I asked Mike why he didn't run 1/10 and he told me that he wanted to concentrate on 1/8 and provide support the rest of the team. His car looked fine.
jag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2006, 06:49 PM   #43
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)
Send a message via ICQ to Solara Send a message via AIM to Solara

Quote:
Originally Posted by nigelnuggets

from what i heard, (once again this is just what i heard about the car.), it should have a narrower chassis, and longer arms for a better suspension geometry, more rear shock positionings. thats all ive heard. dont be surprised if the car just looks like another version of the RRR/MTX4.

OPINION..
I would love to get another Serpent 200mm if it is another version of the RRR/MTX4......since getting parts and support from Mugen /Kyosho here in Mid West is like ZERO.....and I would love to run all 3 classes from the Serpent (again..)

Serpent....show me the money.
Solara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2006, 09:16 PM   #44
Tech Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by jag
For what it's worth, I asked Mike why he didn't run 1/10 and he told me that he wanted to concentrate on 1/8 and provide support the rest of the team. His car looked fine.
Thats exactly what he said i can attest to that.......... it dont matter Mikey can drive a shoebox with wheels anyways
robert maestrey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2006, 02:21 AM   #45
Tech Master

Send a message via AIM to buboy28 Send a message via Yahoo to buboy28

has anybody have pictures or CAD drawings of this new serpent car
buboy28 is offline   Reply With Quote