R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 08-15-2008, 02:36 PM   #3901
Tech Elite
 
stefan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Bavaria, Germany
Posts: 3,273
Send a message via AIM to stefan
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by the_geeky View Post
Why dont you show us some proof, just because you say it doesnt make it fact. Its just your usual crap, always stirring up sh!t.
Oh, even got a new login to flame me here, huh. How cute!

I don't know what this has to do with stirring up shit. Serpent have even published a pretty detailed statement on RedRc.

So, why don't you crawl back under the rock you came from and s.t.f.u.
stefan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2008, 02:43 PM   #3902
Tech Elite
 
stefan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Bavaria, Germany
Posts: 3,273
Send a message via AIM to stefan
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by dj apolaro View Post
I think it is foolish to assume that any manufacture is doing good or bad in the current economy. These types of post do not help the image. I think Companies make moves to try and better a sutuation and that appears to be what Serpent is doing. Yes I am a Serpent driver, however I will not pretent to know the facts. I make assumption just like the rest. I think things are going to be better, since now they are alligning themselves similar to their competition. This only makes for better business and better customer support in the very near future. They did not go the Worlds for this very reason. Michael stayed back to help get everything completed as fast as possible. They are making this transition as smooth as possible so that the costumer will not even notice.

DJ Apolaro

Kinda contradicts your earlier post where you stated:
"Yes, I wish to know also. I must say they had a small team, missing Michael, Paolo and Billy. Hopefully Mark, Sahashi or the italian kid can get in.

DJ"

You, not telling the truth, also doesn't really help the company image.

I never wrote this to bash Serpent and my Avatar is an inside joke with a buddy serpent team driver who has the same just the opposite way.

But it's the facts, if you believe me or not.

The Dutch guy MH7 telling you that Renee Cornella could be back soon, should make it a bit more real to you.

Further, the main players missing a WC should also tell you that the are not having a minor glitch to sort out.

There is no serpent factory support in Lisbon and team drivers have to share the few parts they brought. We got info, that some of them are close to not being able to fix their cars after another crash, since they didn't bring much in expectation of Serpent being there.

You would think that thy had informed their drivers if this was not a last minute emergency.

But what do I know?

So chill out
just my 2 cents.

Last edited by stefan; 08-15-2008 at 02:55 PM.
stefan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2008, 02:56 PM   #3903
Tech Elite
 
dj apolaro's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Miami, Fl.
Posts: 2,399
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by stefan View Post
Kinda contradicts your earlier post where you stated:
"Yes, I wish to know also. I must say they had a small team, missing Michael, Paolo and Billy. Hopefully Mark, Sahashi or the italian kid can get in.

DJ"

You, not telling the truth, also doesn't really help the company image.

I never wrote this to bash Serpent and my Avatar is an inside joke with a buddy serpent team driver who has the same just the opposite way.

But it's the facts, if you believe me or not.

The Dutch guy MH7 telling you that Renee Cornella could be back soon, should make it a bit more real to you.

So chill out
just my 2 cents.

That whole statement I responded to was talking about the lack of serpent being in the top of the worlds and had nothing to do with your implications about Serpent as a company. You turned the conversation around.

One thing I am not is liar. As far as what I am for the serpent image. I will let you develope your own opinion. We all have opinions which makes this a great web site. I will not respond to any other statements in this matter and hope it goes away. We all know that there is change going on, but how it will turn out none of us know. I personally do not know you and have nothing to say about you.

Regards,

DJ Apolaro -
__________________
Capricorn RC, Capricorn Tires, Novarossi World, Spektrum, Horizon Hobby, PROTOform, RCTarget, IGT8.
dj apolaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2008, 03:17 PM   #3904
Tech Elite
 
nigelnuggets's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Artesia, SoCal.
Posts: 2,187
Send a message via AIM to nigelnuggets
Default

Drop it DJ, it wont end. Just focus on the worlds!
__________________
Kamikaze Toys and Hobbies. www.kamikazetoysandhobbies.com / www.kamikazercracing.com
nigelnuggets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2008, 07:12 PM   #3905
Tech Regular
 
s10dude's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Sacramento , Calif.
Posts: 481
Default

Drama....Drama...Drama.....whew!..................
__________________
Marc Richards / Xray NT1 / Matrix Tires / RB Motor's / Futaba
Fabricator and racer @ Speedworld Raceway & Hobby
s10dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2008, 07:14 AM   #3906
Tech Fanatic
 
redsand's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2001
Location: Chicane.
Posts: 855
Send a message via Yahoo to redsand
Default

Looks like my avatar has been hijacked !
redsand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2008, 07:40 AM   #3907
Tech Elite
 
markp27's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Nuremberg, Germany
Posts: 4,069
Send a message via ICQ to markp27
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by stefan View Post
Unfortunately, yes!

Is this Mark P.?
Hey Stefan, no that's my twin Bro it's hard to tell us apart sometimes
markp27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2008, 03:51 PM   #3908
Tech Master
 
DS Motorsport's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: The Netherlands
Posts: 1,440
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by stefan View Post
Hi DJ, I am pretty sure you know why, but if not, Serpent is in deep sh!t. The just let all their personell in Holland go, the only people left are Michael, Ronald and one other guy. Even Renee Cornella is gone. Great thing is, that they helped all their former employees to find other jobs in the industry, so it seems no one is unemployed.

Further, Serpent USA needed financial aid from Serpent HQ in the past and they were anything but quick with the pay back, which got Serpent on the brink of bankruptcy.

All of their production has been moved to Asia now and they are really struggling at the moment, so I guess, there was simply no budget for the worlds.
i can confirm everything stefan is saying.
I live close to the factory and heard the entire story from first hand.
Parts are real scarse right now and so are
engines and xceed tyres.
But i think serpent will make it, ronald and micheal are really determind to make it work.
DS Motorsport is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2008, 08:45 AM   #3909
Tech Master
 
fly_wheel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: sabah lor
Posts: 1,039
Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)
Default

to skip a world race just to make sure they (serpent) can be stay back aligned to support their customers r a great move... we all know serpent closed down their factory in holland n moving it to asia, but that doesn't mean it's in deep shit... a lot of factories closed down n move to asia but they r not bankrupt, they even make more profit then ever as the cost gone down n better sales figure... any1 has been doing real business will know this... any business major transition will cause some hickup in their daily production, marketing, logistic progress, but the best option is to minimise the hickup... ther r world races every year... just "take a break n have a kit kat"...
__________________
There are more in racing than winning.
fly_wheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2008, 10:23 AM   #3910
Tech Master
 
DS Motorsport's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: The Netherlands
Posts: 1,440
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default

believe what you want to believe, but i know a lot more facts about the entire situation, but in respect of serpent i will not post them here.
DS Motorsport is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2008, 12:07 AM   #3911
Tech Addict
 
border r/c's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Planet earth
Posts: 534
Default

I think only time will tell!

for us we have to stop with Serpent!

with the factory only 30minutes away from us they could not supply us normaly.
so now they try it from Asia it even will be worse.
__________________
http://www.the-border.com
Europe's largest 1/8 scale 1/10 rc car warehouse.

3Racing-Ride-BRP-Team Orion-XRAY-HUDY-Serpent-Kyosho-Lrp-Speed Passion-MR33-JG-and many more
border r/c is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2008, 12:24 AM   #3912
Tech Elite
 
stefan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Bavaria, Germany
Posts: 3,273
Send a message via AIM to stefan
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by the_geeky View Post
Why dont you show us some proof, just because you say it doesnt make it fact. Its just your usual crap, always stirring up sh!t.
I hope you keep reading here smart alec.

Guess where you come from it's normal to shoot the bearer of bad news, huh? Still lynching too?
stefan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2008, 12:47 AM   #3913
Tech Master
 
soc123_au's Avatar
R/C Tech Charter Subscriber
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Penrith Australia
Posts: 1,554
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default

I am sure Serpent are smart enough to do what they need to do in this economic climate. They have been around a long time & think they will be around a lot longer. I think people need to be a little bit careful speculating that the company is in trouble, rumours of trouble can erode peoples confidence & drive them away from a product. It would be tragic if people that are or considering running a Serpent car changed to Kyosho or similar because of gossip. Especialy from a distributor Border R/C
__________________
Serpent Radio Control Models
Auswide Hobbies
JPM Racing
soc123_au is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2008, 12:54 AM   #3914
Tech Addict
 
border r/c's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Planet earth
Posts: 534
Default

I know this sounds hard.

but once again time will tell.

for us there is no other reaction then to do this for the coming year.
hope they make it love to support a Dutch company
__________________
http://www.the-border.com
Europe's largest 1/8 scale 1/10 rc car warehouse.

3Racing-Ride-BRP-Team Orion-XRAY-HUDY-Serpent-Kyosho-Lrp-Speed Passion-MR33-JG-and many more
border r/c is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2008, 01:00 AM   #3915
Tech Master
 
soc123_au's Avatar
R/C Tech Charter Subscriber
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Penrith Australia
Posts: 1,554
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default

Time will tell, I just dont see the point of kicking Serpent while they are restructuring. I would hate to see damage caused by gossip.
__________________
Serpent Radio Control Models
Auswide Hobbies
JPM Racing
soc123_au is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Serpent 705 J_Longbrake Nitro On-Road 4252 02-23-2015 12:34 AM
Serpent 710 Ron C. Nitro On-Road 23347 03-16-2010 02:47 PM
WTB: NIB Serpent 710 aN4rK1 R/C Items: Wanted to Buy 3 06-16-2006 09:23 PM
Trade in Your Old Serpent 710 Parts for New Serpent 710 Parts fast_it710 R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 0 09-17-2004 12:27 AM
Serpent Impulse w/MT-12 and Serpent Starter box - cheap Solara R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 2 03-07-2003 03:01 PM



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 10:23 PM.


We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net