R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 07-09-2008, 04:04 AM   #3781
Tech Adept
 
S710_Nut's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Planet Earth
Posts: 229
Default

Can anyone assist???

Quote:
Originally Posted by S710_Nut View Post
Hi

It's been awhile since i have touched a Serpent...

I wondered if anyone had the inside dimensions of the battery tray. I am wanting to use my LiPo pack and was curious!

Thanks in advance

S710_Nut
S710_Nut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2008, 04:23 AM   #3782
Tech Adept
 
etgdpu's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Greece
Posts: 141
Default

Hello,

DJ, thank you very much.

S710_Nut:

Right now I am at the office and leaving for a business trip, so it is not possible to measure the battery tray soon. But just a hint is that the battery tray equals to the dimensions of 4 AAA batteries placed side by side. The fifth battery is placed on top of the last one. So you can estimate by placing 4 AAA batteries side by side.
It is unlike that your lipo battery will fit, because I have only seen only 2 lipo batteries fitting in the 720. One is the xceed lipo battery 1100mah and the other is the vxr. If your battery is not one of those then I would bet that it does not fit in the 720.

//BR
Dimitris
__________________
The intelligent can become anyone, anyone can not become intelligent.
etgdpu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2008, 11:25 AM   #3783
Tech Adept
 
Serpent720's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: California
Posts: 244
Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)
Default

45.97 x 42.25mm
Serpent720 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2008, 07:36 PM   #3784
Tech Master
 
shmoot's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Team SJRC
Posts: 1,700
Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by etgdpu View Post
Hello,

S710_Nut:

Right now I am at the office and leaving for a business trip, so it is not possible to measure the battery tray soon. But just a hint is that the battery tray equals to the dimensions of 4 AAA batteries placed side by side. The fifth battery is placed on top of the last one. So you can estimate by placing 4 AAA batteries side by side.
It is unlike that your lipo battery will fit, because I have only seen only 2 lipo batteries fitting in the 720. One is the xceed lipo battery 1100mah and the other is the vxr. If your battery is not one of those then I would bet that it does not fit in the 720.

//BR
Dimitris
right on. I have both XCeeds and VXR and I prefer the XCeed 1100mah as the size is equivalent to the tray size. fits snugly in the tray as for the VXR, its a tad smaller.
shmoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2008, 10:25 PM   #3785
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: S.J.R.C.
Posts: 449
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by shmoot View Post
right on. I have both XCeeds and VXR and I prefer the XCeed 1100mah as the size is equivalent to the tray size. fits snugly in the tray as for the VXR, its a tad smaller.

Both ?????
huruharapro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2008, 08:47 AM   #3786
Tech Master
 
shmoot's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Team SJRC
Posts: 1,700
Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by huruharapro View Post
Both ?????
yup both..XCeed just arrived last weekend.
shmoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2008, 11:04 AM   #3787
Tech Champion
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Rockville, MD
Posts: 5,058
Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default

I stripped out 2 second gear spurs and 1 first gear spurs this weekend. Is there any tips on keeping this from happening? I tried making the gap just touch and just a little gap. Still stripping. I use the LCG chassis.
__________________
Steve Walter
Sweep Racing USA/ Speed Passion USA/ Karens Famous Cookies (Transporter)
SRW141 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2008, 11:38 AM   #3788
Tech Adept
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Sacramento, CA.
Posts: 221
Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SRW141 View Post
I stripped out 2 second gear spurs and 1 first gear spurs this weekend. Is there any tips on keeping this from happening? I tried making the gap just touch and just a little gap. Still stripping. I use the LCG chassis.
I've never stripped a 2nd gear after 2 1/2 yrs with the car. However, I've stripped a few 1st gears and usually, it was due to the 1st gear pinion being worn and becoming sharp.
__________________
James "Nel" Nelson

SpeedWorld Raceway & Hobbies | DesotoRacing.com | R1 Wurks
neltime64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2008, 06:24 PM   #3789
Tech Apprentice
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Serpent Country
Posts: 60
Default

Yeah the gap always bothers me too .. maybe i will try the new clutch wc gearing... But it could be the oneway bearing.
__________________
Serpent 720/08-Spektrum control-Maxpower- Hitec steering
lobotm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2008, 06:52 PM   #3790
Tech Champion
 
Team Kamikaze's Avatar
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: 我的名字是沈先生。我是中国人, 居住美国
Posts: 8,868
Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SRW141 View Post
I stripped out 2 second gear spurs and 1 first gear spurs this weekend. Is there any tips on keeping this from happening? I tried making the gap just touch and just a little gap. Still stripping. I use the LCG chassis.
Steve, How new are the pinions? maybe it is sharp enough to cause the stripping of your spurs, I am sure that the LCG chassis has nothing to do with the stripping of your Spur gears, also are the mounting screws of the Engine tight? (the top ones that screws from the engine to the engine mount)
__________________
Home of the Kamikaze Driver's Development Program = guaranteed podium finish
Kamikaze Toys and Hobbies Inc.
Follow us here on Facebook!
Team Kamikaze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2008, 07:43 PM   #3791
Tech Champion
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Rockville, MD
Posts: 5,058
Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Team Kamikaze View Post
Steve, How new are the pinions? maybe it is sharp enough to cause the stripping of your spurs, I am sure that the LCG chassis has nothing to do with the stripping of your Spur gears, also are the mounting screws of the Engine tight? (the top ones that screws from the engine to the engine mount)
Sam, Thanks for the jnfo. When I tear down the car tomorrow. I will look at the pinions. Probably will replace them. I will also check the toop screws. I tought the Picco EVO3 Red Dot just had to much power.
__________________
Steve Walter
Sweep Racing USA/ Speed Passion USA/ Karens Famous Cookies (Transporter)
SRW141 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2008, 08:02 PM   #3792
Tech Champion
 
Team Kamikaze's Avatar
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: 我的名字是沈先生。我是中国人, 居住美国
Posts: 8,868
Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SRW141 View Post
Sam, Thanks for the jnfo. When I tear down the car tomorrow. I will look at the pinions. Probably will replace them. I will also check the toop screws. I tought the Picco EVO3 Red Dot just had to much power.
Your EVO 3 will also be 1 of the reason
__________________
Home of the Kamikaze Driver's Development Program = guaranteed podium finish
Kamikaze Toys and Hobbies Inc.
Follow us here on Facebook!
Team Kamikaze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2008, 08:05 PM   #3793
Tech Elite
 
dj apolaro's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Miami, Fl.
Posts: 2,399
Default

Sometimes if you are stripping gears and the mesh is good. It can be the one way. If it over heats when it shifts it just strips gears.

DJ Apolaro
__________________
Capricorn RC, Capricorn Tires, Novarossi World, Spektrum, Horizon Hobby, PROTOform, RCTarget, IGT8.
dj apolaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2008, 10:48 PM   #3794
Tech Champion
 
Team Kamikaze's Avatar
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: 我的名字是沈先生。我是中国人, 居住美国
Posts: 8,868
Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by dj apolaro View Post
Sometimes if you are stripping gears and the mesh is good. It can be the one way. If it over heats when it shifts it just strips gears.

DJ Apolaro
By the way DJ, you need to take care of Steve (SRW141) he is the one who supplied us the delicious cookies at the 301 Capitol Classic race and promised to bring us more at the Nats in September, am I right Steve?

Sam
__________________
Home of the Kamikaze Driver's Development Program = guaranteed podium finish
Kamikaze Toys and Hobbies Inc.
Follow us here on Facebook!
Team Kamikaze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2008, 05:45 AM   #3795
Tech Elite
 
Pattojnr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Perth Australia
Posts: 4,594
Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)
Default 720

howdy guys, i am looking at a 720, is there much difference from teh first model, to the 08 ? and are parts interchangable, to maybe update the base car to 08 spec ? cheers.
__________________
Serpent - Walter RC
Serpent E Power ..... Serpent 747 Reds M3T
Serpent 966-TE Reds M7T .... S411ERYX Speedpassion 3.5T, T-Shox
Serpent 811-TE REDs R5T
Pattojnr is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Serpent 705 J_Longbrake Nitro On-Road 4252 02-23-2015 12:34 AM
Serpent 710 Ron C. Nitro On-Road 23347 03-16-2010 02:47 PM
WTB: NIB Serpent 710 aN4rK1 R/C Items: Wanted to Buy 3 06-16-2006 09:23 PM
Trade in Your Old Serpent 710 Parts for New Serpent 710 Parts fast_it710 R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 0 09-17-2004 12:27 AM
Serpent Impulse w/MT-12 and Serpent Starter box - cheap Solara R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 2 03-07-2003 03:01 PM



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 06:03 AM.


Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net