R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 06-03-2008, 06:37 PM   #3691
Tech Apprentice
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 99
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jlopez92 View Post
HEY GIANNI, I SPOKE TO YOU @ THE TRACK ON SUNDAY ABOUT THE CLUTCH SPRING, SO IS 909518 CHUTCH SPRING THE ONE YOU WERE TAKING ABOUT? MY KIT IS THE 720 ’07 AND I THINK IT COMES WITH SER6586 (THE REFERNCE GUIDE SHOWS 6586) AND NOT 909518, THE PROBLEM I’M HAVING IS IF I SET THE GAP TO .7 AND TIGHTENED THE SPRING TO 1.2 IT’S TO TIGHT, WHAT CAN IT BE THE SPRING?

whats up my friend, listen for sale we have only 909520 it`s the same but little longer 1.8..

take care

ciao
gianni
serpentmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2008, 12:45 AM   #3692
Tech Elite
 
TeamButter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Florida
Posts: 2,802
Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to TeamButter
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by serpentmaster View Post
whats up my friend, listen for sale we have only 909520 it`s the same but little longer 1.8..

take care

ciao
gianni

CUCO!!!!
__________________
Xray / BMI Racing / KO Propo / Team Epic / Parma-PSE / High Velocity Racing / TeamButter / P3 Graphics / MDI Racing
TeamButter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2008, 09:13 AM   #3693
Tech Adept
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Sacramento, CA.
Posts: 221
Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by dj apolaro View Post
Yellow shoe, stock weights, 1.8 spring, .6 to .7 gap and spring tighened 1.7 to 1.9.

I recommend tighening your spring to 1.5 to start and if you need more go to 1.7 or 1.8.

This clutch set-up is very good and consistent.


DJ Apolaro

DJ,

Is this setting with the 909518 or 909520 1.8 spring?
__________________
James "Nel" Nelson

SpeedWorld Raceway & Hobbies | DesotoRacing.com | R1 Wurks
neltime64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2008, 12:46 PM   #3694
Tech Fanatic
 
Tommy Bergfeldt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Sweden
Posts: 979
Send a message via ICQ to Tommy Bergfeldt
Default

I just came back from the track to test bodies.. Comes out that all i tried are almost equally fast but the driving feeling is completely different to one another.
With Stratus 3.1, Altis 2.3 and East Civic my fastest times were all in 17.6, but with the Altis i couldn't drive consistent enough..

The average times were in 17.8-18.0 with the Stratus 3.1
However, it had a very balanced feel but rotated slightly too much in the slower corners which made the hairpin a bit hairy..
When i switched to East Civic i did feel very disappointed in the first couple of laps, it felt like it pushed badly! When i got things under control and tried to drive as tight and controlled as possible the times started to go down, with a car that felt very pushy i drove consistent times of 17.7 so the cornerspeed is very good even though it feels understeered..
It seems the Civic has the steering it takes to go around fast but the rear is even more planted so it feel pushy..

Youtube-movie i just edited from camera early in the day..
http://youtube.com/watch?v=gycFZlvNTzY

Engine is the "practice" S12 that came with the Nova 353 combo pack, with crank from LS3 in old EFRA spec, turbo plug and 2630-pipe with short conical header. Pretty impressive how it goes
__________________
JMI Motorsport / Red Bull Racing
HB Cyclone TC - Schumacher CAT SX & Cougar SV
Advanced Electronics - Autopartner.se - Savöx - NorthTQ
Tommy Bergfeldt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2008, 02:20 AM   #3695
Tech Elite
 
Sow&Steady's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Va Va Voom!
Posts: 4,104
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparx View Post
I just came back from the track to test bodies.. Comes out that all i tried are almost equally fast but the driving feeling is completely different to one another.
With Stratus 3.1, Altis 2.3 and East Civic my fastest times were all in 17.6, but with the Altis i couldn't drive consistent enough..

The average times were in 17.8-18.0 with the Stratus 3.1
However, it had a very balanced feel but rotated slightly too much in the slower corners which made the hairpin a bit hairy..
When i switched to East Civic i did feel very disappointed in the first couple of laps, it felt like it pushed badly! When i got things under control and tried to drive as tight and controlled as possible the times started to go down, with a car that felt very pushy i drove consistent times of 17.7 so the cornerspeed is very good even though it feels understeered..
It seems the Civic has the steering it takes to go around fast but the rear is even more planted so it feel pushy..

Youtube-movie i just edited from camera early in the day..
http://youtube.com/watch?v=gycFZlvNTzY

Engine is the "practice" S12 that came with the Nova 353 combo pack, with crank from LS3 in old EFRA spec, turbo plug and 2630-pipe with short conical header. Pretty impressive how it goes
Very good to report with a video Sparx ... at least we know you CAN drive!

Like many European tracks, yours looks large and flowing ... perhaps one ideal for the Dodge? I have not painted my Civic but look forward to testing it for a tight short track.

Do you have pictures of the three shells? I'm interested to know what positions you mounted them on the 720, what positions the wings were and whether they were to EFRA specs when mounted on your chassis.
__________________
http://3hobby.net REVISITED V2 - Its on steroids!
https://www.facebook.com/ssteady
Sow&Steady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2008, 06:33 AM   #3696
Tech Fanatic
 
Tommy Bergfeldt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Sweden
Posts: 979
Send a message via ICQ to Tommy Bergfeldt
Default

Here's my best shot at mounting pics

Altis 2.3
Serpent 720-altis-pinne.jpg
Serpent 720-altis-vinge.jpg
I checked it at the last race and it's in EFRA spec with wing just about 2mm lower than roof line.

East Civic
Serpent 720-civic-wing2.jpg
Serpent 720-civic-vinge.jpg
Serpent 720-civid-pinne.jpg
I'm pretty sure it's in EFRA spec, ive only checked the wing with spirit level and it's just under the roof line.
__________________
JMI Motorsport / Red Bull Racing
HB Cyclone TC - Schumacher CAT SX & Cougar SV
Advanced Electronics - Autopartner.se - Savöx - NorthTQ
Tommy Bergfeldt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2008, 06:34 AM   #3697
Tech Fanatic
 
Tommy Bergfeldt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Sweden
Posts: 979
Send a message via ICQ to Tommy Bergfeldt
Default

Stratus pics, small wing since it's been cut down more and more at every race i've been to...
Serpent 720-stratus-pinne.jpg
Serpent 720-stratus-vingejpg.jpg
I've seen in the Serpent setups most run the 3.1 at 31mm or more to the windshield, i'll see if i can mount my next one like that..

Can't get any mounted pics since the chassie's in pieces..
__________________
JMI Motorsport / Red Bull Racing
HB Cyclone TC - Schumacher CAT SX & Cougar SV
Advanced Electronics - Autopartner.se - Savöx - NorthTQ
Tommy Bergfeldt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2008, 06:59 AM   #3698
Tech Master
 
ianhobbies's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Location: Costa Del Sol, Marbella, Spain www.bradir.net
Posts: 1,456
Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Send a message via ICQ to ianhobbies
Default bodies

nice review of the bodies sparx!
__________________
WWW.BRADIR.NET - The Radio Control Motorsport Blog! / twitter @ianhobbies
ianhobbies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2008, 09:35 AM   #3699
Tech Elite
 
Sow&Steady's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Va Va Voom!
Posts: 4,104
Default

Many many thanks Sparx. Actually you're close in terms of the body mounting positions but I think the wings may be a tad far back which I think is the main reason for the understeer with the Civic. This will help me when I do mine. If you move it to 31mm perhaps there could be a difference but I think not as much as moving the wing.
__________________
http://3hobby.net REVISITED V2 - Its on steroids!
https://www.facebook.com/ssteady
Sow&Steady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2008, 01:17 PM   #3700
Tech Fanatic
 
Tommy Bergfeldt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Sweden
Posts: 979
Send a message via ICQ to Tommy Bergfeldt
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sow&Steady View Post
Many many thanks Sparx. Actually you're close in terms of the body mounting positions but I think the wings may be a tad far back which I think is the main reason for the understeer with the Civic. This will help me when I do mine. If you move it to 31mm perhaps there could be a difference but I think not as much as moving the wing.
Good thinking there, i made some chassie adjustments like shock positions, ackermann and removing the carbon fill plate but everything made the car less consistent. I will try and move the wing more forward next race and see what happens, although since the track we're going to is full throttle around 70% of the lap i'll probably just cut it down and move it even more backwards to decrease drag.
My current "basic" setup from last time can be downloaded HERE
Pic of the Örebro track, insane layout
Serpent 720-rbc2.jpg
__________________
JMI Motorsport / Red Bull Racing
HB Cyclone TC - Schumacher CAT SX & Cougar SV
Advanced Electronics - Autopartner.se - Savöx - NorthTQ
Tommy Bergfeldt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2008, 08:26 PM   #3701
Tech Adept
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Canada
Posts: 186
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default Starter box support 720 (#803162)

I am building my 720 '08 and was looking for the Starter box support 720 and I can't seem to find it. My question his is this part supplied with the kit or do we have to buy it separately?

Thanks,
Dpepin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2008, 09:35 PM   #3702
Tech Elite
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: lost...
Posts: 2,854
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default

The mounts for the Serpent starter box came with my 720 '07 kit
RoyU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2008, 06:44 AM   #3703
Tech Regular
 
s10dude's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Sacramento , Calif.
Posts: 481
Default

i have the "08" 720 kit and the mount's come with the kit....
__________________
Marc Richards / Xray NT1 / Matrix Tires / RB Motor's / Futaba
Fabricator and racer @ Speedworld Raceway & Hobby
s10dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2008, 07:15 AM   #3704
Tech Elite
 
Sow&Steady's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Va Va Voom!
Posts: 4,104
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparx View Post
Good thinking there, i made some chassie adjustments like shock positions, ackermann and removing the carbon fill plate but everything made the car less consistent. I will try and move the wing more forward next race and see what happens, although since the track we're going to is full throttle around 70% of the lap i'll probably just cut it down and move it even more backwards to decrease drag.
My current "basic" setup from last time can be downloaded HERE
Pic of the Örebro track, insane layout
Attachment 343219
Hi Sparx, seems that the pdf file is corrupt, I could not download it.

Yes, I see what you mean about the track and so what your idea about the wing is well worth a try.
__________________
http://3hobby.net REVISITED V2 - Its on steroids!
https://www.facebook.com/ssteady
Sow&Steady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2008, 09:47 AM   #3705
Tech Fanatic
 
Tommy Bergfeldt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Sweden
Posts: 979
Send a message via ICQ to Tommy Bergfeldt
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sow&Steady View Post
Hi Sparx, seems that the pdf file is corrupt, I could not download it.

Yes, I see what you mean about the track and so what your idea about the wing is well worth a try.
Tried it as JPG instead
Attached Thumbnails
Serpent 720-tomm%F6%E5rsunda-prac.jpg  
__________________
JMI Motorsport / Red Bull Racing
HB Cyclone TC - Schumacher CAT SX & Cougar SV
Advanced Electronics - Autopartner.se - Savöx - NorthTQ
Tommy Bergfeldt is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Serpent 705 J_Longbrake Nitro On-Road 4252 02-23-2015 12:34 AM
Serpent 710 Ron C. Nitro On-Road 23347 03-16-2010 02:47 PM
WTB: NIB Serpent 710 aN4rK1 R/C Items: Wanted to Buy 3 06-16-2006 09:23 PM
Trade in Your Old Serpent 710 Parts for New Serpent 710 Parts fast_it710 R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 0 09-17-2004 12:27 AM
Serpent Impulse w/MT-12 and Serpent Starter box - cheap Solara R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 2 03-07-2003 03:01 PM



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 06:32 AM.


We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net