R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road

Old 04-02-2008, 11:14 AM   #3451
Tech Addict

Send a message via MSN to RevMaxx

anybody had issues fitting in the exceed lipo batt on the brass tray? mine don't quiet fit on the brass, fits fine on the stock plastic tray though.
RevMaxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2008, 12:25 PM   #3452
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by RevMaxx View Post
anybody had issues fitting in the exceed lipo batt on the brass tray? mine don't quiet fit on the brass, fits fine on the stock plastic tray though.
Try to dremel the inside of the tray on one side. Not sure if it will work, but it should. I have not seen this problem are you sure it is not sideways. Hope this helps.

DJ Apolaro
Old 04-02-2008, 01:27 PM   #3453
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)
Send a message via ICQ to Solara Send a message via AIM to Solara

Anyone can share a link of 720 setup for large 1/8th track? Thanks..

Solara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2008, 05:32 PM   #3454
Tech Elite

Try to look at the set up for mine or Paolo. Mine was for 301 with high traction. On my set up just change to 37 fronts and 40 rears for qualifing and #3 rear roll center for more rear traction, also use 30,000 for rear diff.

http://nitrokb.com/720/index.html
Old 04-02-2008, 05:34 PM   #3455
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solara View Post
Anyone can share a link of 720 setup for large 1/8th track? Thanks..

Nice track. What track is this. Looks nice.
Old 04-02-2008, 06:13 PM   #3456
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)

Is this the place where they have the Byron race?
Old 04-02-2008, 06:34 PM   #3457
Tech Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by dj apolaro View Post
Nice track. What track is this. Looks nice.
Quote:
Originally Posted by MugenDrew View Post
Is this the place where they have the Byron race?
DJ...thanks for the setup.

Track is called Leisure Hour Raceway @ Joliet Illinois....and yes, this year will be the 2nd year running of the Byron Race on June 28/29.....also, it will host the Chicago 2nd leg of the MID WEST SERIES for the 1st time.

This track is one of a kind...I do not have more pictures, but behind the driver stand, the opposite side of the on road track, it is a same full size OFF ROAD track. This year, the track will run ON ROAD and OFF ROAD club racing every sunday AT THE SAME TIME...the driver stand can have 20 drivers plus standing back to back and run the mains at the same time....god HOPE those 2.4 ghz radio WORKS...

If possible, please try to show some SERPENT love @ this track (tell Paolo to come). I am the very few (actually, only...) Serpent that can be found there. This track is all MUGEN and XRAY since its opening...thats why finding a setup on this track is very much like ZERO....

Hopefully I can do something good with the 720 (and my 950R) there this year...

Video of me and the Mugens running at the track last year season opener when the track was still BRAND NEW without its best traction...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ASyZP1gE5-s

Leisure Hours website...

http://www.leisurehoursraceway.com/

Mid West Series....Leisure Hours Chicago 2nd Leg Aug 23 and 24

http://www.midwestseries.com/welcome.html

Byron Fuel On Road Nitro Challenge Jun 28/29 Entry Form

http://www.byronfuels.com/pages/2008...enge_Entry.pdf
Old 04-02-2008, 06:55 PM   #3458
Tech Champion

I know I would use the Novak regulator, but what would you guys recommand for the LIPO 2S recevier pack..? Like any link or brand..? Thanks.

(I perfer no mod and fit perfectily with the stock plastic receiver tray, not going to get the brass one...)
Old 04-02-2008, 07:10 PM   #3459
Tech Elite

BITCHIN! Thank you! Don't worry you'll get PLENTY of support. Thanks for the info!
Old 04-02-2008, 08:05 PM   #3460
Tech Fanatic

Quote:
I know I would use the Novak regulator, but what would you guys recommand for the LIPO 2S recevier pack..? Like any link or brand..? Thanks.

(I perfer no mod and fit perfectily with the stock plastic receiver tray, not going to get the brass one...)
Nice track!!!!

We have Lipo's and regulators in stock from Xceed brand

www.xceedrc.com
Paolo M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2008, 08:07 PM   #3461
Tech Fanatic

Quote:
DJ...thanks for the setup.

Track is called Leisure Hour Raceway @ Joliet Illinois....and yes, this year will be the 2nd year running of the Byron Race on June 28/29.....also, it will host the Chicago 2nd leg of the MID WEST SERIES for the 1st time.

This track is one of a kind...I do not have more pictures, but behind the driver stand, the opposite side of the on road track, it is a same full size OFF ROAD track. This year, the track will run ON ROAD and OFF ROAD club racing every sunday AT THE SAME TIME...the driver stand can have 20 drivers plus standing back to back and run the mains at the same time....god HOPE those 2.4 ghz radio WORKS...

If possible, please try to show some SERPENT love @ this track (tell Paolo to come). I am the very few (actually, only...) Serpent that can be found there. This track is all MUGEN and XRAY since its opening...thats why finding a setup on this track is very much like ZERO....

Hopefully I can do something good with the 720 (and my 950R) there this year...

Video of me and the Mugens running at the track last year season opener when the track was still BRAND NEW without its best traction...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ASyZP1gE5-s

Leisure Hours website...

http://www.leisurehoursraceway.com/

Mid West Series....Leisure Hours Chicago 2nd Leg Aug 23 and 24

http://www.midwestseries.com/welcome.html

Byron Fuel On Road Nitro Challenge Jun 28/29 Entry Form

http://www.byronfuels.com/pages/2008...enge_Entry.pdf
Will check into the schedule and try to make it to the Byron Race. I'll check with DJ too..
Congrats for the track!!
Paolo M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2008, 08:57 AM   #3462
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default Roadrage

Austin,great showing at SS speedway,720 put down some killer laps
kmichael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2008, 10:05 AM   #3463
Tech Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by MugenDrew View Post
BITCHIN! Thank you! Don't worry you'll get PLENTY of support. Thanks for the info!
Oh Yeah Mugen boy....last year, my 705/710 had a lot of "BACK BUMPER" support alright...LOL......its all good, ppl like Ira, Larry are all cool....then the Xray gangs are all buddies of mine.........just want to see a bigger SERPENT crew (beside myself) to balance the whole TC scene.
Old 04-03-2008, 10:18 AM   #3464
Tech Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paolo M View Post
Will check into the schedule and try to make it to the Byron Race. I'll check with DJ too..
Congrats for the track!!
Paolo (and DJ).....you guys MUST come to check out the Byron Race and this track this year. This track does not has the ups and downs like you would see @ WinterNat's track....it is FLAT as GLASS and you just need to worry about how FAST can your 720/960 go. The track does use VHT for traction, so sometimes, you might have traction roll problem (I did with my 705 last year, ended up need to use small tires because there are not much roll center adjustment on that car...)

Walter Gorczowski and Ron Trobaugh were the only 2 Serpents running at the A last year (Byron race), both of them are individual drivers, not sponcered or with the team..Walt took the 4th at the 1 hour main when he blew his engine with less then 6 minutes left. These guy were both running their 960 with their own support and setup........I think if they can get the support by Serpent USA this year, the main would be very entertaining...

Mike Swauger, Paul Cicarrello, Aaron Alexander are the typical from Mugen...then the Kyosho's team along with the Xray team are aways there each year. So, it is kinda like a mini-WinterNat in the MID WEST.
Old 04-03-2008, 11:19 AM   #3465
Tech Elite

That was not meant to be a slam or anything. No doubt D.J. and Paulo provide top notch support for there products!
I know how it feels to be Alone. 01-02 forgass I was the only Mugen. Keep asking questions these guys will definitely get you up to speed in a hurry!