R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 02-23-2008, 06:19 AM   #3391
Tech Regular
 
s10dude's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Sacramento , Calif.
Posts: 481
Default

for me the difference is more turn in w/Altis and the
Stratus is more neutral.............
__________________
Marc Richards / Xray NT1 / Matrix Tires / RB Motor's / Futaba
Fabricator and racer @ Speedworld Raceway & Hobby
s10dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2008, 09:03 AM   #3392
Tech Elite
 
dj apolaro's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Miami, Fl.
Posts: 2,399
Default

I did not check the body position. All I can say is I mounted it with the front wheels lined up to the body correctly. As far as perfomance I felt the car to be the same as the dodge. I though it just looked cool. I know that seems dumb, but it comes with cool lights. We ran it at the Fort and that is a point and shoot track. So we get our car to whip the rear end around, so steering was not different. I ran the Dodge first and did not change my set-up when I ran the Atlis. It felt the same. I think on a larger track with flowing turn this body should be awesome. I will say for the front bumper, I had to cut mine down for the body to fit. You might have to have a bumper for the Dodge and one for the Atlis.

My clutch was
gap .5
shoe - red
end play - I do not measure, but just a little
spring - serpent 1.8 tighened 1.5 - 1.7
flyweights - stock

http://www.teammarketingamerica.com/ - web site for body
__________________
Capricorn RC, Capricorn Tires, Novarossi World, Spektrum, Horizon Hobby, PROTOform, RCTarget, IGT8.
dj apolaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2008, 03:07 PM   #3393
Tech Elite
 
Sow&Steady's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Va Va Voom!
Posts: 4,104
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by dj apolaro View Post
I did not check the body position. All I can say is I mounted it with the front wheels lined up to the body correctly. As far as perfomance I felt the car to be the same as the dodge. I though it just looked cool. I know that seems dumb, but it comes with cool lights. We ran it at the Fort and that is a point and shoot track. So we get our car to whip the rear end around, so steering was not different. I ran the Dodge first and did not change my set-up when I ran the Atlis. It felt the same. I think on a larger track with flowing turn this body should be awesome. I will say for the front bumper, I had to cut mine down for the body to fit. You might have to have a bumper for the Dodge and one for the Atlis.

My clutch was
gap .5
shoe - red
end play - I do not measure, but just a little
spring - serpent 1.8 tighened 1.5 - 1.7
flyweights - stock

http://www.teammarketingamerica.com/ - web site for body
Ah, many thanks DJ.
__________________
http://3hobby.net REVISITED V2 - Its on steroids!
https://www.facebook.com/ssteady
Sow&Steady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2008, 06:50 AM   #3394
Tech Regular
 
typer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Paranaque City
Posts: 342
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sow&Steady View Post
Typer, http://3hobby.net/modules.php?name=C...howpage&pid=61

This was on my 710 but I'm going to do the same thing on my 720 with the Xceed LiPo battery and regulator.
Sir thanks a lot. i think i wil follow what you did regarding the position of the regulator. coz its more safer compared to others suggestion
typer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2008, 06:53 AM   #3395
Tech Elite
 
Sow&Steady's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Va Va Voom!
Posts: 4,104
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by typer View Post
Sir thanks a lot. i think i wil follow what you did regarding the position of the regulator. coz its more safer compared to others suggestion
I never had problems with that setup even though originally I was a bit worried it was near the exhaust. If I remember right Julius mounts it the same place.
__________________
http://3hobby.net REVISITED V2 - Its on steroids!
https://www.facebook.com/ssteady
Sow&Steady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2008, 12:45 PM   #3396
Tech Adept
 
rcpanama's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Panama
Posts: 181
Default Red Shoe

Hi can some one tell me what will be difference or advantage between the Yellow or red Clutch Shoe

Thanks

RCPANAMA
__________________
Serpent 720 Novarossi Murnam 12 + 3CT Full Ceramic & 2630 pipe. 733 Novarossi Murnam 12 + 3SCT full ceramic & 2660 pipe , Nomadio Sensor, Xceed Lipo, Xceed Tires Japan Foam
rcpanama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2008, 02:24 PM   #3397
Tech Fanatic
 
Tommy Bergfeldt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Sweden
Posts: 979
Send a message via ICQ to Tommy Bergfeldt
Default

If i remember right, the red one tends to slip a little.
Yellow one is mostly the one to use.
Tommy Bergfeldt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2008, 04:21 PM   #3398
Tech Regular
 
s10dude's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Sacramento , Calif.
Posts: 481
Default

the red shoe is made of harder material than the yellow so it slips alittle more..
__________________
Marc Richards / Xray NT1 / Matrix Tires / RB Motor's / Futaba
Fabricator and racer @ Speedworld Raceway & Hobby
s10dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2008, 08:47 PM   #3399
Tech Adept
 
rcpanama's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Panama
Posts: 181
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by s10dude View Post
the red shoe is made of harder material than the yellow so it slips alittle more..
This is what Serpent has to say about the Red Shoe, for the centax 2 which I will say is the same for centax 3.

"Serpent has released this new red clutch shoe for use in the Centax-2 clutch system. Made using a red material that is softer than the original yellow shoe, this new version provides a wider sweet spot for correct clutch adjustment yet still provides the highest performance expected in the 1/8th scale class."

RCPANAMA
__________________
Serpent 720 Novarossi Murnam 12 + 3CT Full Ceramic & 2630 pipe. 733 Novarossi Murnam 12 + 3SCT full ceramic & 2660 pipe , Nomadio Sensor, Xceed Lipo, Xceed Tires Japan Foam
rcpanama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2008, 12:00 AM   #3400
Tech Fanatic
 
Julius's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Amsterdam Netherlands
Posts: 979
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by typer View Post
Sir thanks a lot. i think i wil follow what you did regarding the position of the regulator. coz its more safer compared to others suggestion
This is how I did it,

I also sealed the regulator with silicone to make it fluid proof.

Julius
Attached Thumbnails
Serpent 720-volt-reg-3.jpg   Serpent 720-volt-reg-720-2.jpg   Serpent 720-voltage-reg-720.jpg  
Julius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2008, 06:38 AM   #3401
Tech Regular
 
s10dude's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Sacramento , Calif.
Posts: 481
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by rcpanama View Post
This is what Serpent has to say about the Red Shoe, for the centax 2 which I will say is the same for centax 3.

"Serpent has released this new red clutch shoe for use in the Centax-2 clutch system. Made using a red material that is softer than the original yellow shoe, this new version provides a wider sweet spot for correct clutch adjustment yet still provides the highest performance expected in the 1/8th scale class."

RCPANAMA

oop's never mind ....i'm incorrect....
__________________
Marc Richards / Xray NT1 / Matrix Tires / RB Motor's / Futaba
Fabricator and racer @ Speedworld Raceway & Hobby
s10dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2008, 08:31 AM   #3402
Tech Adept
 
suck_my_exhaust's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 222
Default

Anyone using RB CONCEPT MATRIX engine on the 720?I just got one but compared to my OS TZ 5 port, the matrix don't feel powerful enough.Am I wrong to compare a 3 port and a 5 port?I feel a bit dissappointed with my RB engine.Anyone care to share your experience?Thanks.
suck_my_exhaust is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2008, 08:34 AM   #3403
Tech Regular
 
typer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Paranaque City
Posts: 342
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by suck_my_exhaust View Post
Anyone using RB CONCEPT MATRIX engine on the 720?I just got one but compared to my OS TZ 5 port, the matrix don't feel powerful enough.Am I wrong to compare a 3 port and a 5 port?I feel a bit dissappointed with my RB engine.Anyone care to share your experience?Thanks.
I think power is not the issue on the matrix. but reliability instead. The r3 is much better
typer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2008, 01:11 PM   #3404
Tech Adept
 
kreamUNO's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 139
Default


__________________
Mugen MTX-4R-NINJA MR12TUNED-NINJA FLS || Kyosho v-one RRR evo.2-SirioXXX-Sirio 2611
Kyosho Inferno WC-JAMMIN' JP3 || Kyosho M3-Sirio CL7R-Novarossi
XRAY T3'-Novak 13.5/tekinR1 || Serpent S120-RP x11 3.5
Tamiya IFS-Novak17.5/SPX || Tamiya TT-01-LRP x11 17.5
kreamUNO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2008, 01:52 PM   #3405
Tech Champion
 
Team Kamikaze's Avatar
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: 我的名字是沈先生。我是中国人, 居住美国
Posts: 8,868
Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default

VERY NICE!!!!
__________________
Home of the Kamikaze Driver's Development Program = guaranteed podium finish
Kamikaze Toys and Hobbies Inc.
Follow us here on Facebook!
Team Kamikaze is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Serpent 705 J_Longbrake Nitro On-Road 4252 02-23-2015 12:34 AM
Serpent 710 Ron C. Nitro On-Road 23347 03-16-2010 02:47 PM
WTB: NIB Serpent 710 aN4rK1 R/C Items: Wanted to Buy 3 06-16-2006 09:23 PM
Trade in Your Old Serpent 710 Parts for New Serpent 710 Parts fast_it710 R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 0 09-17-2004 12:27 AM
Serpent Impulse w/MT-12 and Serpent Starter box - cheap Solara R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 2 03-07-2003 03:01 PM



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 06:48 AM.


We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net