R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 11-11-2007, 01:05 PM   #3046
Tech Initiate
 
srsracer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 30
Post

is the plate on the 720 07 the same as the 720 ;
srsracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2007, 01:19 PM   #3047
Tech Master
 
captian's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: city that never sleeps
Posts: 1,832
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by srsracer View Post
is the plate on the 720 07 the same as the 720 ;
what plate?
__________________
serpent america * max power * beast mods *kopropo usa* protoform * team cmdi
captian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2007, 06:09 PM   #3048
Tech Fanatic
 
Racer Z's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Chesapeake,VA
Posts: 928
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default MAXY WINS

Great job Maxy!! Maxy is our National Champion for Masters Class.
__________________
RC AMERICA, HUDY, XRAY, Nexus Racing, Desoto Racing, 301 Raceway(RIP). XRAY T4/NT1 coming for that #1 spot!! AKA-Melvin Aulston
Racer Z is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2007, 07:38 PM   #3049
Tech Adept
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: BK N.Y.
Posts: 146
Send a message via AIM to FITO
Default

congrats maxy
__________________
RODOLFO
KYOSHO M3, PICCO, KO PROPO, MAXY FUEL
FITO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2007, 09:22 PM   #3050
Tech Elite
 
rcabj's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: johor, west malaysia
Posts: 4,682
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default my LCG chassis review

yesterday i spent two tanks of fuel trying out the LCg chasis.
i didn't change any setting just the chassis.
few facts is, i can attack 2 of my usual slow corners more faster, and more throttle at where i usually half throt..
overall what i can say , feels so much better and more confident driving.
__________________
BLacK cRoW RaCiNg TeaM
JBRCC
TEAM ORANGE
RCCUTM
pemandu upahan ;)
rcabj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2007, 10:17 PM   #3051
Tech Adept
 
evo1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Posts: 200
Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by rcabj View Post
yesterday i spent two tanks of fuel trying out the LCg chasis.
i didn't change any setting just the chassis.
few facts is, i can attack 2 of my usual slow corners more faster, and more throttle at where i usually half throt..
overall what i can say , feels so much better and more confident driving.
I am thinking of getting the lcg chassis, i need to find half a second per lap, on a high grip track. What i need is to find more corner speed & fast change of direction , will this be my answer ? or do i sell the car & buy kyosho!!
evo1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2007, 01:21 AM   #3052
Tech Elite
 
rcabj's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: johor, west malaysia
Posts: 4,682
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by evo1 View Post
I am thinking of getting the lcg chassis, i need to find half a second per lap, on a high grip track. What i need is to find more corner speed & fast change of direction , will this be my answer ? or do i sell the car & buy kyosho!!
i guess it would, but i can only tell u for sure after i race it next month
__________________
BLacK cRoW RaCiNg TeaM
JBRCC
TEAM ORANGE
RCCUTM
pemandu upahan ;)
rcabj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2007, 02:45 AM   #3053
Tech Adept
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: South Africa
Posts: 160
Default New Battery Tray - Brass

Hi Guys

Has anyone tried out the new brass battery tray for the 720?

If you have, does it make that much of a difference? How much heavier is it ?

Also, some guys have spoken about using the new tray and changing over to LiPo.. why? LiPo is lighter, that I know but with the new tray you are using more weight to keep the back planted...

Any thoughts on this?

Regards
Acid
Acid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2007, 05:24 AM   #3054
Tech Adept
 
rcpanama's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Panama
Posts: 181
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Acid View Post
Hi Guys

Has anyone tried out the new brass battery tray for the 720?

If you have, does it make that much of a difference? How much heavier is it ?

Also, some guys have spoken about using the new tray and changing over to LiPo.. why? LiPo is lighter, that I know but with the new tray you are using more weight to keep the back planted...

Any thoughts on this?

Regards
Acid
Ok, I am using the Brass Battery Try, the reason I am using it is because I install a VXR LiPo Battery and I was able to lower the Tank about 3mm, to be able to take advantage of the effect in lowering the Tank I had to ad more weight because the LiPo is lighter than the regular Battery, the effect was very good.

Hope this will give you an idea, sorry poor my English


RCPANAMA
__________________
Serpent 720 Novarossi Murnam 12 + 3CT Full Ceramic & 2630 pipe. 733 Novarossi Murnam 12 + 3SCT full ceramic & 2660 pipe , Nomadio Sensor, Xceed Lipo, Xceed Tires Japan Foam
rcpanama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2007, 07:01 AM   #3055
Tech Adept
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: South Africa
Posts: 160
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by rcpanama View Post
Ok, I am using the Brass Battery Try, the reason I am using it is because I install a VXR LiPo Battery and I was able to lower the Tank about 3mm, to be able to take advantage of the effect in lowering the Tank I had to ad more weight because the LiPo is lighter than the regular Battery, the effect was very good.

Hope this will give you an idea, sorry poor my English


RCPANAMA
Thanks RCPANAMA.

One question, how do you lower the fuel tank on the 720?

Also, when said it was good, did you mean that rear of the car was more planted - better cornering?

Thanks
Acid
Acid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2007, 09:20 PM   #3056
Tech Adept
 
rcpanama's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Panama
Posts: 181
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Acid View Post
Thanks RCPANAMA.

One question, how do you lower the fuel tank on the 720?

Also, when said it was good, did you mean that rear of the car was more planted - better cornering?

Thanks
Acid
Ok the reason I was able to lower the tank was because de LiPo Battery is thinner than the original battery, which created the possibility of lowering the Tank.

It is correct the car was more planted with better cornering.

RCPANAMA
__________________
Serpent 720 Novarossi Murnam 12 + 3CT Full Ceramic & 2630 pipe. 733 Novarossi Murnam 12 + 3SCT full ceramic & 2660 pipe , Nomadio Sensor, Xceed Lipo, Xceed Tires Japan Foam
rcpanama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2007, 11:38 PM   #3057
Tech Fanatic
 
Racer Z's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Chesapeake,VA
Posts: 928
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default DJ

Great job DJ!! Great A-Main finish. Way to keep it rolling!!How was the car at the nationals?
__________________
RC AMERICA, HUDY, XRAY, Nexus Racing, Desoto Racing, 301 Raceway(RIP). XRAY T4/NT1 coming for that #1 spot!! AKA-Melvin Aulston
Racer Z is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2007, 06:31 AM   #3058
Tech Fanatic
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: So Florida
Posts: 937
Default Serpent 720 '07

Hi,
I have the Serpent 720 07 brand new in the box. I wanted to get back into racing but I just do not have the time. I will sell for $375 plus of shipping costs (you can pay the shipping after I send the item so I know how much it will cost--- probably $10 to $15 and I will split the shipping expense with you). You can email me at [email protected] or call me at 954-465-5395.
Joe Chaplow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2007, 09:01 AM   #3059
Tech Elite
 
dj apolaro's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Miami, Fl.
Posts: 2,399
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Racer Z View Post
Great job DJ!! Great A-Main finish. Way to keep it rolling!!How was the car at the nationals?
The car was good. In the main we ran in the dark and I can not race in the dark. I just keep it on the track and stayed out the way.
dj apolaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2007, 09:05 AM   #3060
Tech Champion
 
Team Kamikaze's Avatar
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: 我的名字是沈先生。我是中国人, 居住美国
Posts: 8,868
Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by dj apolaro View Post
The car was good. In the main we ran in the dark and I can not race in the dark. I just keep it on the track and stayed out the way.
Congratulations on your A main finish.
__________________
Home of the Kamikaze Driver's Development Program = guaranteed podium finish
Kamikaze Toys and Hobbies Inc.
Follow us here on Facebook!
Team Kamikaze is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Serpent 705 J_Longbrake Nitro On-Road 4252 02-23-2015 12:34 AM
Serpent 710 Ron C. Nitro On-Road 23347 03-16-2010 02:47 PM
WTB: NIB Serpent 710 aN4rK1 R/C Items: Wanted to Buy 3 06-16-2006 09:23 PM
Trade in Your Old Serpent 710 Parts for New Serpent 710 Parts fast_it710 R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 0 09-17-2004 12:27 AM
Serpent Impulse w/MT-12 and Serpent Starter box - cheap Solara R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 2 03-07-2003 03:01 PM



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 12:16 PM.


We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net